ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 173
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:44 AM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.

ED, so sad to hear this news. But I can truly say that you have handled this with grace and dignity, much in the way that Jesus did. Keep the faith and press on towards that mark, the prize at the end of your race, Victory in Jesus.

You have shown the members on CP how to face illness and death head on. Spiritual warfare has nothing on you, your strength and faith is an inspiration to all of us here. Although we have never met (that I am aware of), my wife asks about you from time to time. She too is facing her difficult time one day here soon and has spoken highly about you from the stories I have passed on to her. She doesn't have the strength, grace and dignity as you do. I hope that one day she find it too.

My prayers to you is that you continue having the faith and strength in the final days that is the hardest to handle. The mark, that prize is Jesus, grab a hold and rebuke that devil each day leading up to your crossing into paradise. Just make sure you tell the devil he is a loser as Jesus grabs your hands and you leave this world. Our thoughts and prayers will go out to your family during this difficult time. Just let them know that everything will be alright, you have the Greatest captain in charge of your flight.

Ed, If there is anything I or anyone here on CP can do to help or assist the family in these last days, please feel free to speak, after all we are not just friends here, we are a big ole family as well as brother and sisters in Christ.

Personally, you will be missed my friend, more than you can possibly imagine. Godspeed Ed.
[Reply]
Cannibal 06:21 AM 04-08-2017
May your final days be as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for putting your story out there.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:55 AM 04-08-2017
Ed, I've only checked in here and there on this thread, but I'm sad to see this update.

You are a solid dude and I hope your final days are peaceful and easy.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:11 AM 04-08-2017
I'm heading down the Boulder today. I'll have a beer for me and a beer for you. My best to you.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:28 AM 04-08-2017
Prayers for you and your family, may you be as peaceful and comfortable as possible. Godspeed Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:28 AM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
I'm heading down the Boulder today. I'll have a beer for me and a beer for you. My best to you.
I love Moose Drool, and they had it on tap in Big Timber in the 1800s style saloon with the hotel. Good times were had in the most beautiful State I have been to visit, Montana. I miss that clean water and beautifully fresh air.
[Reply]
burt 12:59 PM 04-08-2017
Ed.....sorry to hear your devastating news. Have them drug you up, make silly comments and go peacefully, my brother! Oh, and save me a seat, where ever you go......
[Reply]
Bwana 01:00 PM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I love Moose Drool, and they had it on tap in Big Timber in the 1800s style saloon with the hotel. Good times were had in the most beautiful State I have been to visit, Montana. I miss that clean water and beautifully fresh air.
The Grand?

https://thegrand-hotel.com/

Moose Drool is excellent.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:15 PM 04-08-2017
Ed, I have few words for you as I can only express my deepest and heartfelt sympathies for your situation. Keep fighting the good fight, and put your trust and faith in Christ and rely on His strength and love during this time. God bless you.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:15 PM 04-08-2017
See ya on the flip side bro.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:42 PM 04-08-2017
Ed you inspired me during my battles with my stomach..I had it whipped and it come back but I'm kicking ass again..I come back and read this thread whenever I was having a bad day..it is saved in my favorites so I can get to it quickly..words can not express how sad I was to read the last update..I hope your last days are comfortable and I will keep you in my thoughts
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:29 PM 04-08-2017
Ed,

Thanks for sharing your fight. I have lost several loved ones to cancer and reading this brings back those sad days. It is a horrible disease. Even though it may win against your body, it never beat your spirit. You are a true inspiration. I am sure I feel as many do on here, we wish we would have met you in person. Best wishes to you on your journey ahead and to your family. You will be missed.
[Reply]
2112 05:17 PM 04-08-2017
I'm sorry to hear this terrible news. God bless you and your family, Ed.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:02 PM 04-08-2017
fuh.

No words, man. ugh.

Thank you.

Thank you for the courage to share your journey with us over these years. For the courage to fight and to have a great attitude about it.

My former work partner from ten years ago just died. He went to the doctor with back pain and was gone in two months. Cancer is an A-1 asshole. I'm glad you've been able to beat it back for all these months. You are stronger than most, and a genuine great person. Thank you for sharing and touching all of us all this time. God Bless you.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:30 PM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Whenever I am having a "shitty day" I read through this thread and realize 1) nothing is as bad as what you are going through, and 2) you show everyone how to handle adversity like a man. Godspeed sir, and thank you.
I rarely posted in this thread but read it frequently. It was always inspiring and helped put things in their proper perspective. This comment from ping2000 sums up what I and I'm sure many of your friends felt.

Your courage, dignity, and perseverance will continue to be an inspiration in the lives of many you never knew, but who will always think of you as a brother.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 173
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Up