ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****THE OFFICIAL CIGAR THREAD*****
Bwana 06:06 PM 07-06-2010
About the only cigars I have ever tied into, other than a few Cuban Cohiba's before a few years ago, were nasty stock. I started flying to Belize every year on vacation and while I was there, I started trying several different varieties and was pleasantly surprised. At this point I have two humidors and several different selections. I still don't smoke that many, but I break one out on Friday nights, or when the boys are over for a beer. Are any of you guys into cigars?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:25 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'll go on my porch as early as 5:30 am and start firing up my cigars with a cup of coffee. I can smoke as many as 5 in about 6 hours.

Always top shelf stuff - I'm a spoiled SOB

Looks like you and I have very similar tastes, scho.
[Reply]
scho63 10:07 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Looks like you and I have very similar tastes, scho.
What are your top 5 favorites, regardless of price?

I had a Rocky Patel Decade Robusto and I'm on an E.P. Carillo Encore Torpeedo now with my coffee.

That will be it for this morning.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:37 PM 10-26-2022
What are your top 5 favorites, regardless of price?

I had a Rocky Patel Decade Robusto and I'm on an E.P. Carillo Encore Torpeedo now with my coffee.

That will be it for this morning.
My go-to's have been:

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
Oliva Serie V Melanio
EP Carrillo Pledge
Padron 1964 Anniversary
Padron 1926 Anniversary (for real special occasions)

I like all the Carrillo, AJ Fernandez and Alec Bradley stuff. I think they're very good values. I like several Rocky Patel lines. And I'm always up to trying new things. I did a cigar run last Sunday and bought 5 sticks that I don't believe I've had before. One I haven't smoked yet is a La Gloria Cubana Society that looks impressive.
[Reply]
emaw82 12:58 PM 10-26-2022
Haven't splurged on the Padrons yet, but I like everything else you mentioned. Have you tried the Olivia Master Blends 3? I like it a little more than the Melanio. When CigarPage has their 5 pack specials you can get both for $4 a stick.
[Reply]
emaw82 01:10 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Just recently got into cigars, ordered a sample pack from BestCigarPrices.com and went through all 5 already. They were all supposedly some of the top rated cigars and all were decent enough but none were sweet on the lips like I had at a poker game a couple years ago that I thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately the person who gave it to me passed a while back and I never thought to ask him what kind it was.

Any recommendations for a sweet, mild cigar? Nothing from a gas station please.
Little late on this, but Drew Estate makes some great infused and sweetened cigars. If you want a sweet tip the Deadwood Series are very good (Sweet Jane, Leather Rose, etc). For infused, the Isla del Sol and Tabak Especial. For a budget sweetened cigar, Factory Smokes Sweets are about $1.50 per when you buy packs of 20. I always have some of those on hand.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:12 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by emaw82:
Haven't splurged on the Padrons yet, but I like everything else you mentioned. Have you tried the Olivia Master Blends 3? I like it a little more than the Melanio. When CigarPage has their 5 pack specials you can get both for $4 a stick.
Funny you say that, over the summer CI was running a weekly deal on an MB mega-sampler that I couldn't pass up: https://www.cigarsinternational.com/...318/#p-2014317.

I got it for $80, put them in the bottom of my humidor. I LOVE THEM. I rue the day when that stash runs out. Still have seven left.
[Reply]
Monty 01:13 PM 10-26-2022
I just had a very nice Padron in Atlanta at a nice cigar bar at the Battery. The cigar was awesome and the cigar bar was perfect.

Short notice trip as I would have asked SR to join us.
[Reply]
scho63 02:48 PM 10-26-2022
Those are some of the most underrated cigars on the market. I LOVE them and last time Cigars International had 20 sampler of them on sale for $88. Normally they are $220.
[Reply]
scho63 02:51 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Monty:
I just had a very nice Padron in Atlanta at a nice cigar bar at the Battery. The cigar was awesome and the cigar bar was perfect.

Short notice trip as I would have asked SR to join us.
I've NEVER had a bad Padron. They are the creme of the crop IMHO.
I don't order them since they are so pricey. I buy singles at a high end cigar store in Paradise Valley.
I like the 1964 Series Natural #9
[Reply]
scho63 02:53 PM 10-26-2022
Funny you say that, over the summer CI was running a weekly deal on an MB mega-sampler that I couldn't pass up: https://www.cigarsinternational.com/...318/#p-2014317.

I got it for $80, put them in the bottom of my humidor. I LOVE THEM. I rue the day when that stash runs out. Still have seven left.
I DID THE SAME! $88 bucks was a steal. I smoked them all already. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 02:58 PM 10-26-2022
Little late on this, but Drew Estate makes some great infused and sweetened cigars. If you want a sweet tip the Deadwood Series are very good (Sweet Jane, Leather Rose, etc). For infused, the Isla del Sol and Tabak Especial. For a budget sweetened cigar, Factory Smokes Sweets are about $1.50 per when you buy packs of 20. I always have some of those on hand.
No offense but you are speaking a different language then the rest of us.
All the smokes we list cost at least $5 each in a sampler to $25 a stick.
I would never smoke flavor infused cigars.

If that's your tastes, light em up and enjoy.
[Reply]
scho63 03:06 PM 10-26-2022
My go-to's have been:

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
Oliva Serie V Melanio
EP Carrillo Pledge
Padron 1964 Anniversary
Padron 1926 Anniversary (for real special occasions)

I like all the Carrillo, AJ Fernandez and Alec Bradley stuff. I think they're very good values. I like several Rocky Patel lines. And I'm always up to trying new things. I did a cigar run last Sunday and bought 5 sticks that I don't believe I've had before. One I haven't smoked yet is a La Gloria Cubana Society that looks impressive.
We could easily hang together at a cigar bar. I've had the EP Carillo Pledge Prequel and that cigar had the most pepper flavor ever on the 1st third. I really liked it.

I'll smoke a Fuente from time to time.

Last 5 pack I had of La Gloria Cubana tasted horrible, really bitter. About 5-6 months ago. I had them years ago and were good so I was shocked.
[Reply]
scho63 03:09 PM 10-26-2022
I smoke PG aged cigars. (Paul Garmarian) Been a loyal smoker for close to 30 years.

They can only be purchased at select retailers. Rolled by Davidoff.

Has anyone else smoked them?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:14 PM 10-26-2022
I used to enjoy the occasional cigar back in the day. I still wouldn't mind having one every now and then, but I was a smoker for 40 years and finally kicked the habit 5 years ago. I'm worried that if I were to have one, it may lead me back to smoking, so I just stay away.
[Reply]
emaw82 03:29 PM 10-26-2022
No offense but you are speaking a different language then the rest of us.
All the smokes we list cost at least $5 each in a sampler to $25 a stick.
I would never smoke flavor infused cigars.

If that's your tastes, light em up and enjoy.
Jesus man, it was in direct response to a question asking about sweetened cigars. Love how you quoted one of my posts raving about a cigar I mentioned, then posted this about my reply that was trying to be helpful to another user. And some of the cigars you mentioned can absolutely routinely be had for under $5 online (I've purchased packs of the Melanio you posted a pic of for $4 per stick twice in the last few months, for example). CigarPage and CBid are your friend... You don't always have to pay brick and mortar prices.

But anyway, enjoy your conversation I guess. I'll go back to lurking on this board.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up