ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:01 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
There will be some prospects waived maybe we will have interest in. At this point, CEH is mostly keeping his job because he knows the protections and the playbook.
There's some teams so deep at RB(Dolphins, Browns , Cards, Vikes of the top of my head) that some RBs that should be released and I hope we keep an eye out. I was thinking that even after we signed Mckinnon
[Reply]
-King- 07:08 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know that I would say 'all day'. I would agree that in this highlighted example, the line did, in fact, get some nice push.

Still nowhere really for the back to go. Going right is too far to get around that edge, and left is sealed up by the defense almost at the hand'off. Up Thuney's ass was pretty much the only path.
So you're just going to ignore the hole between Wylie and Trey?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:44 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you're just going to ignore the hole between Wylie and Trey?
You mean the one where the DE was on Wylie's inside shoulder, so that should he crash in, Wylie would be powerless to stop him? And, in addition, the LB is unblocked to fill that hole? That one?

You guys, man. You just see what you want to see. Whatever fits the narrative.

That hole is not what it looks like in a still.

Now could a back feint into that hole, get the DE and LB to both commit and then bounce it outside? Possibly, but that would require a pretty special back.

And I'm not arguing that CEH or even Pikachu is special at this particular moment.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:46 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
There's some teams so deep at RB(Dolphins, Browns , Cards, Vikes of the top of my head) that some RBs that should be released and I hope we keep an eye out. I was thinking that even after we signed Mckinnon
So you figure that a trade or pick-up two weeks before the season starts is going to land us a difference maker at RB in and Andy Reid offense which is notoriously complex and difficult to learn?

For better or worse, we're rolling with who's here.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 08-22-2022
You mean the one where the DE was on Wylie's inside shoulder, so that should he crash in, Wylie would be powerless to stop him? And, in addition, the LB is unblocked to fill that hole? That one?

Now could a back feint into that hole, get the DE and LB to both commit and then bounce it outside? Possibly, but that would require a pretty special back.

And I'm not arguing that CEH or even Pikachu is special at this particular moment.
The cut back is between the TE and the RT. There's a CB ( i believe) about 4 yards deep in it on his heels.

I can also say I'm not nearly as in tune with OL play as some. But when a previous NFL OL is breaking down a play as Schwartz does here and says the things he does, maybe some shoudl re eval their "thoughts" on the OL play.

So looks to me like there's a pretty relatively easy 4-5 yards there to gain if he sees it.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:52 AM 08-22-2022
So you figure that a trade or pick-up two weeks before the season starts is going to land us a difference maker at RB in and Andy Reid offense which is notoriously complex and difficult to learn?

I don't think it's likely either but I do think there will be guys that could help us to hit the waiver wire. And I think the complexity of this offense is overstated. If you can play you can play. The coaches will get you on the field

I don't think I said anything about a trade either...why don't you report to the thread where guys are clamoring for rbs who's teams would laugh if we asked for them in a trade
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 AM 08-22-2022

Only if it's Kareem Hunt, and that's not happening for many reasons. Nor am I advocating for it. Though, even though he is not the same RB he was when he left KC, he still would rise to RB1 very quickly.
[Reply]
Reroka 08:03 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Only if it's Kareem Hunt, and that's not happening for many reasons. Nor am I advocating for it. Though, even though he is not the same RB he was when he left KC, he still would rise to RB1 very quickly.
Take him over the broke dicks we have now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:04 AM 08-22-2022
If Antonio Gibson is available, trade for that guy. Catches passes, runs well, can return punts.

I mean, that would literally be the perfect situation
[Reply]
TEX 08:06 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Reroka:
Take him over the broke dicks we have now.
Oh, of course. But realistically, if we could just get a running back of Damien Williams caliber, that level of talent would be the best RB on the roster.
[Reply]
TEX 08:08 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Antonio Gibson is available, trade for that guy. Catches passes, runs well, can return punts.

I mean, that would literally be the perfect situation
Yep. A guy like that would work.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:11 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. A guy like that would work.
I think staylor wanted him in the draft that year
[Reply]
-King- 08:17 AM 08-22-2022

For some reason, you think that a hole has to be wide open with no free LBs there for it to be a hole. That's not how it works in the NFL. Thats a hole. The RBs job is to get through and make the unblocked 2nd level player miss.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:58 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They got “push” all day.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/st...-nuWp0AUBEXJFA
Based on the way this one is blocked up, I don't think there was a ton of potential there regardless.

I think the bigger issue is the dancing around. Clyde is just not that guy. He doesn't have the speed or the quickness.

In this case, he should have tried to hit that hole between Gray and Wylie or been on Brown Jr's tail grinding away a few tough yards.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 08-22-2022
Yeah, it sure seems like CEH is a product of draft investment at this point.

If he's a 4th round pick, we don't give him the kind of opportunity he's had the first 2 seasons. And we probably don't keep him on the roster anymore at this point either. If Ronald Jones, who's best season was better than anything CEH has done, is essentially a non-entity then it would've happened to MEH by now as well.

He just never shows anything. It's pretty disappointing.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up