ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 206 of 256
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:53 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm not being facetious, this is a real question as I am just curious how people view ARPGs in general. What sort of grind loop do you like more? Something that lets you min/max abilities in interesting ways?
I like the grind of the ARPG and minmaxing. But being able to trade all of your loot, even if you have used it, is a pretty big feature of the genre.

Look at PoE. They have trade leagues and solo self found leagues. All of their races and rewards are in the hardcore solo self found league. However, the overwhelming majority of the player base still plays softcore trade because of just that, trade. You have to be some kind of degenerate playing this genre of game with no ability to trade gear you've used, or in some cases even just picked up in your personally generated loot table. The players that play in those solo self found races are NEVER able to min max their gear and it's basically their job to play since they stream it on twitch for money.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:04 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I like the grind of the ARPG and minmaxing. But being able to trade all of your loot, even if you have used it, is a pretty big feature of the genre.

Look at PoE. They have trade leagues and solo self found leagues. All of their races and rewards are in the hardcore solo self found league. However, the overwhelming majority of the player base still plays softcore trade because of just that, trade. You have to be some kind of degenerate playing this genre of game with no ability to trade gear you've used, or in some cases even just picked up in your personally generated loot table. The players that play in those solo self found races are NEVER able to min max their gear and it's basically their job to play since they stream it on twitch for money.
I played POE when it first hit what was basically Early Access. I've tried to play it over and over but the beginning is just too slow and the graphics are too dated for my tastes. I will however be jumping in to POE 2 whenever it releases.

Trading is a HUGE part of this genre and why D2 was so huge, the drop rates in that game were abysmal but hackers and traders made it into a classic and probably what the genre is most known for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 04-05-2023
The hands-on reports about Jedi: Survivor are really positive. Looks like it's shaping up to be an excellent game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:36 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The hands-on reports about Jedi: Survivor are really positive. Looks like it's shaping up to be an excellent game.
:-) It's Soulsborne gameplay with a Star Wars skin. Kind of hard to fuck that up, especially after you did the first one well.

The customization looks way better for Cal, though. Already see a huge improvement there.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:39 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I played POE when it first hit what was basically Early Access. I've tried to play it over and over but the beginning is just too slow and the graphics are too dated for my tastes. I will however be jumping in to POE 2 whenever it releases.

Trading is a HUGE part of this genre and why D2 was so huge, the drop rates in that game were abysmal but hackers and traders made it into a classic and probably what the genre is most known for.
I actually prefer the way PoE looks over Diablo. It's definitely not as high def or detailed as Diablo is, but Diablo is starting to push into cartoonish looking, imo, whereas PoE is more rough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) It's Soulsborne gameplay with a Star Wars skin. Kind of hard to fuck that up, especially after you did the first one well.

The customization looks way better for Cal, though. Already see a huge improvement there.
Hey man, fun is fun. Especially in this day and age when we're subjected to oodles of cheaply thrown-together slop.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:48 AM 04-05-2023
Hey man, fun is fun. Especially in this day and age when we're subjected to oodles of cheaply thrown-together slop.
Very true. Thankfully I don't have a ton of time to play games. As such I have a massive library of games to work through.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:51 AM 04-05-2023
Wasn't criticizing it. Just saying it's bound to be excellent unless they went full retard trying to reinvent the wheel instead of further exploring what already worked well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Very true. Thankfully I don't have a ton of time to play games. As such I have a massive library of games to work through.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, I don't buy that many games. But the games I do buy, I play for a long time, sometimes months. So my back catalog is still pretty large when you consider that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 04-05-2023
Anybody played The Witcher 3 re-skin yet? It looks amazing.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023...est-ps5-update
[Reply]
tredadda 10:30 AM 04-05-2023
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, I don't buy that many games. But the games I do buy, I play for a long time, sometimes months. So my back catalog is still pretty large when you consider that.
Yup. Heck I beat the Witcher 3 a while ago and then picked it back up when the PS5 upgrade came out and played it all over again and considering how long that game is, it took quite a while to beat it......again. This is without dedicating much time to the Blood and Wine expansion. Now my efforts are on the 2018 God of War.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:06 PM 04-05-2023

I'm waiting for better ground combat/more enemies then this will be fun to jump into. Not a fan of flight sims but those that are would probably love this.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:49 PM 04-13-2023

Very nice if you're on PC this MOD overhaul for Wonderlands will add new rarities, highly farmable areas and bosses as well as different ways to play and such. Adds Unique Rarities and targetted loot where the loot will tell you it's drop sources.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:09 PM 04-13-2023

[Reply]
Fish 03:59 PM 04-13-2023

[Reply]
Page 206 of 256
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Up