ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who really knows that much about sports these days? I mean... I do. But when's the last time someone like Brooke was able to report clearly on a sports topic?
Terez.

Nate Taylor manages to walk the 'interest/substance' line really well. Keysor gets a little too excited about his ability to make GIFs but he occasionally drops some genuine insight. Craig Stout is actually damn good and with a little more fine tuning and technical proficiency, I think he'd kill the Chiefs beat.

It's not as hard as this hag is making it look. At least a dozen guys on this board would do a better job of it than she does if they took as much as a sports media correspondence course just to round off some standards and practices.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:51 AM 07-09-2019
I fully believe she will write pieces on what a shithead Clark is as soon as the Hill stuff is over.

A reporter in Seattle baited him so I'm sure she thinks she can do it too. A female reporter in Seattle basically wrote an article on him being a pile of shit and he told her that reporters like her don't last long and can have a job cleaning his fish tank..which of course she immediately swung into an example of him being a misogynist...

Don't think Pryor doesn't know this, and I'm sure if she is going to target Chiefs players it's going to be name players.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:52 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What did she do in regards to Mixon? I didn't know anything about that.
She was basically the lead on covering the story of when he smashed that chicks face off the table.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:53 AM 07-09-2019
Holy shit, I forgot KCTV5 ran with the whole "we have evidence Crystal may have been assaulted this week" bullshit...what a joke.

Pryor, Rosen, The Star, KCTV5, Keitzman....the cabal of shitbags that tried to railroad Tyreek and the Chiefs.

Shocked she hasn't wrote a story about Frank yet...I'm sure it's coming.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So is there any way we can frame, I dunno, Xavier Williams for domestic abuse?

Seriously - just throw her a bone at this point. Let her get her press for something accurate for once, build up her profile and get her the !@#$ out of town. Have someone relatively unimportant but with a bit of local recognition (in this case, a fairly disappointing Williams who has the 'local kid' background) punch a woman in the face and let her run with it.

She can write articles about how Williams growing up in Kansas City with Lamar and Clark's acceptance of domestic violence led to him perpetuating the cycle of masculine aggression or whatever ****ing buzzwords she decides are presently part of the 'zeitgeist'.

And then she can get a gig writing puff 'sports' pieces for HuffPo or ESPNw.

Take one for the team, Xavier.
Someone else here wasn't a fan of Xavier. I thought he was fine as a complimentary DL. Did I miss something?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 07-09-2019
If you go look at her bio, covered Joe Mixon is one of the first things she lists, she's proud of that.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Holy shit, I forgot KCTV5 ran with the whole "we have evidence Crystal may have been assaulted this week" bullshit...what a joke.

Pryor, Rosen, The Star, KCTV5, Keitzman....the cabal of shitbags that tried to railroad Tyreek and the Chiefs.

Shocked she hasn't wrote a story about Frank yet...I'm sure it's coming.
Yeah, all those people that were apparently fed info from that family needs to answer for it, maybe not to all of us but especially to Tyreek. If he was just an innocent bystander and framed or whatever, if I were him i'd privately ask to speak to them and want to see them face to face.

IIRC, never one time did anyone get anything from Tyreek on the matter. I'm sure his lawyers wouldn't have allowed anything like that anyway, but I dont' remember reading once that "tyreek was unavailable to comment".
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 07-09-2019
Yeah, all those people that were apparently fed info from that family needs to answer for it, maybe not to all of us but especially to Tyreek. If he was just an innocent bystander and framed or whatever, if I were him i'd privately ask to speak to them and want to see them face to face.

IIRC, never one time did anyone get anything from Tyreek on the matter. I'm sure his lawyers wouldn't have allowed anything like that anyway, but I dont' remember reading once that "tyreek was unavailable to comment".
She's the beat reporter and she isn't going to talk with him....she is in interviews basically calling him an idiot, an abuser, being racist and saying there is stuff off about him.

When she said all that stuff she thoroughly thought she had done enough that she'd never have to see him again. No way as a reporter you say that shit if you think you still have to talk with this guy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:58 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I fully believe she will write pieces on what a shithead Clark is as soon as the Hill stuff is over.

A reporter in Seattle baited him so I'm sure she thinks she can do it too. A female reporter in Seattle basically wrote an article on him being a pile of shit and he told her that reporters like her don't last long and can have a job cleaning his fish tank..which of course she immediately swung into an example of him being a misogynist...

Don't think Pryor doesn't know this, and I'm sure if she is going to target Chiefs players it's going to be name players.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...230863904.html
[Reply]
Lprechaun 08:59 AM 07-09-2019
Has Brenda been on 810 since the article? I havent had to hear her in awhile and it seems they are distancing from her unless I've just missed it
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Has Brenda been on 810 since the article? I havent had to hear her in awhile and it seems they are distancing from her unless I've just missed it
I believe she was on 810s afternoon show on the 1st, if you believe twitter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 07-09-2019
Someone else here wasn't a fan of Xavier. I thought he was fine as a complimentary DL. Did I miss something?
He's fine.

I'd rather have him than not.

But he HAS been a disappointment (really never was assignment sound) and if you're gonna make an omelet...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Terez.

Nate Taylor manages to walk the 'interest/substance' line really well. Keysor gets a little too excited about his ability to make GIFs but he occasionally drops some genuine insight. Craig Stout is actually damn good and with a little more fine tuning and technical proficiency, I think he'd kill the Chiefs beat.

It's not as hard as this hag is making it look. At least a dozen guys on this board would do a better job of it than she does if they took as much as a sports media correspondence course just to round off some standards and practices.
At least Terez still writes a lot of Chiefs stuff. I’m thankful for that.

Nate Taylor is solid too. I think I’ll pay to read his content.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 09:09 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I believe she was on 810s afternoon show on the 1st, if you believe twitter.
Ahh gotcha,
Seemed like she was on several times a week before but maybe not.
She obviously isnt very perceptive as the biggest person who agreed with her was run out of town within a couple days of pissing off the fanbase.
This newest article should punch her ticket right out.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:10 AM 07-09-2019
This thread getting a lot of play time today. Somebody should go smash her on Twitter just to keep it lively.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up