ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Ahh gotcha,
Seemed like she was on several times a week before but maybe not.
She obviously isnt very perceptive as the biggest person who agreed with her was run out of town within a couple days of pissing off the fanbase.
This newest article should punch her ticket right out.
Why would you have her on in the NFL dead time? She sucks during the season let alone right now.

I mean unless you want stories about food and digging through dudes twitters to make them look bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Has Brenda been on 810 since the article? I havent had to hear her in awhile and it seems they are distancing from her unless I've just missed it
Who is this Brenda person and why should I care what she's tweeting?

Does Brenda Tracy have some local relevance?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:14 AM 07-09-2019
Useless.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 09:15 AM 07-09-2019
How does a sports writer for a Kansas City based news company public ally and vocally hate the largest sports team in Kansas City. That makes zero sense lmao.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 07-09-2019
At some point we just have to stop responding. She's becoming another version of keitzman. It'd be one thing if these things were debatable and arguable. She seems to just be stirring up shit at this point. I thought she was originally brought in to do Elizabeth Merrill like puff pieces but i guess not.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 09:22 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who really knows that much about sports these days? I mean... I do. But when's the last time someone like Brooke was able to report clearly on a sports topic?
Terez is great at it. His style of reporting should be the mold these companies look for.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:25 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Terez.

Nate Taylor manages to walk the 'interest/substance' line really well. Keysor gets a little too excited about his ability to make GIFs but he occasionally drops some genuine insight. Craig Stout is actually damn good and with a little more fine tuning and technical proficiency, I think he'd kill the Chiefs beat.

It's not as hard as this hag is making it look. At least a dozen guys on this board would do a better job of it than she does if they took as much as a sports media correspondence course just to round off some standards and practices.
Sorry. I was attempting to reference Brooke's tweet about Tyreek and commas, implying that women don't know sports the same way black people don't know commas.

Didn't execute it properly.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's fine.

I'd rather have him than not.

But he HAS been a disappointment (really never was assignment sound) and if you're gonna make an omelet...
That's true.

But who the hell was assignment sound last year?
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-09-2019
I can't believe in this day and age she's gotten away with the whole "he doesn't use commas, I use them" shit.

I guess she's on the right side so they won't go after her.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 AM 07-09-2019
FlaChief made the article.....

How much gravy do you have to put on your Twinkies to maintain that figure?

— Andy Rush (@flachief58) July 4, 2019

Gravy is my least favorite food, and gravy on Twinkies sounds disgusting. If I’m trying to maintain my figure, I’m probably going to eat nothing but pizza drenched in ranch dressing. Those calories taste way better.

And that’s the tea.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:37 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can't believe in this day and age she's gotten away with the whole "he doesn't use commas, I use them" shit.

It's pretty ridiculous. As pointed out earlier, she is just stirring the pot...so she invents stuff to bitch about in an attempt to stay relevant.

Tyreek's vocation is a professional athlete. An NFL player. Of course his grammar and punctuation skills are not going to be on par with somebody that writes for a living.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:38 AM 07-09-2019
Did we step on some feelers? The other Brooke thread vanished.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:38 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

If a FUCKING WHITE MALE had said that he'd be working at Wendy's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If a FUCKING WHITE MALE had said that he'd be working at Wendy's.
Depends.

Does he wear a fedora, have patchy facial hair and weigh about a buck twenty five while lamenting the repression of the patriarchy?

Because THAT white mail could get away with it.

O.City is absolutely right - this isn't even about gender or race anymore, it's about simply being on the right team. She could double down on that stance and her media overlords would defend her.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 09:44 AM 07-09-2019
"Brenda" is a Twitter reference, someone called her that and it better than saying her name.
Her being on 810 did seem more regular a few months ago ... offseasons writing is what started this mess.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up