ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry missed today's practice, back to Day-To-Day. Also Dorian O'Daniel Note
JakeF 03:10 PM 01-09-2019
Eric Berry misses Wednesday practice, in question for Saturday’s divisional

Guess who’s day to day again.

By Pete Sweeney Jan 9, 2019, 2:10pm CST
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...ivisional-game

Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is not practicing Wednesday, the second day of work as the team prepares to take on the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday afternoon in the AFC’s divisional round.

Berry missed practice on Friday, December 28, before he was eventually held out of the Chiefs’ final game of the season against the Oakland Raiders. Berry practiced limitedly to start this week on Tuesday, which many felt was a good sign, but he could not participate on Wednesday as he deals with his lingering heel injury.

“It’s difficult from the standpoint of he’s a real critical part of our team,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said when asked about the uncertainty surrounding the three-time All-Pro. “He’s an outstanding player. He’s one of our true leaders, the guys rally around him, so I think that part is always hard. You get caught up in different things in the season. But also, if you stick back for a second, you say, ‘Man, this is really hard on this guy, too, as a player. This is something he loves to do. He’s been really good at it, and as difficult as it is on us as a defensive unit or us as a team, I think for him, it’s really challenging.’

“So it’s just what it is. There’s not a lot you can do about it, and every week we’ve got our fingers crossed and hope that he can make it back and go. It’s truly—I know you guys get tired of hearing this—it really is a day to day to day thing here right now, the way it’s playing out. You just got to stay in there and go and figure out how to get other guys ready in case he can’t go.”

Berry was originally held out of the Chiefs’ first 13 games with what the team described as a sore heel, though reports, which have never been confirmed (nor denied) said Berry has what is called a “Haglund’s deformity.”

Berry eventually returned to the lineup to play 30 snaps Week 15 against the Los Angeles Chargers and played 69 snaps Week 16 against the Seattle Seahawks before what has appeared to be some sort of setback.

Sutton was asked Wednesday about who would replace Berry and linebacker Dorian O’Daniel, who hasn’t practiced at all this week, if they couldn’t play against the Colts.

Without Berry in a must-win game against the Raiders when it came to playoff home-field advantage, the safety snap count breakdown was as follows: Daniel Sorensen (63), Eric Murray (33), Jordan Lucas (32) and Ron Parker (6).

In the above breakdown, it is important to note that Sorensen and Lucas earned the start. Lucas suffered a stinger, and the Chiefs eventually removed starters in a 35-3 blowout.

It remains to be seen who the Chiefs start against the Colts if Berry cannot play once again.

A note on Dorian O’Daniel

#Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub on LB Dorian O’Daniel, who has missed two practices this week: “He’s a four-phase starter for us. He’s an important guy, so we’re keeping an eye on that one, pretty close.”

“I wouldn’t tell you,” he initially said with a smile. “We have to work guys in, obviously, and just see where guys are. The one good thing is you’re at the point of the season where if you do have to miss some reps and you get better toward to the end of the week, this is probably the time to do it. We just have to kind of roll guys through, which we try to do, anyway, but when you have a guy in question, you have to say, ‘OK,’ because that usually affects somebody else.

“Sometimes that affects special teams ... It’s going to affect Dave (Toub) and what he’s putting together, so you got to kind of stay on top of that as a total staff, too. But we just got to slide and we’ve got some different options, but we kind of have to wait and see where it’s at.”
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:58 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yep they did zoom in on old cap anchor once, briefly during the game. I felt my blood pressure go up a few points, for a moment.
:-)

Well, I just hope he was toasty warm and didn't chafe his hands too much working those pom-poms.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:06 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

Well, I just hope he was toasty warm and didn't chafe his hands too much working those pom-poms.
Can't embed from fb, but here his spirit looks good and I didn't notice any haglundy hitch in his giddyup leading the team from the field after game...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0

He can still clap real good, too
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:15 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Haglund's_Spirit:
Can't embed from fb, but here his spirit looks good and I didn't notice any haglundy hitch in his giddyup leading the team from the field after game...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0

He can still clap real good, too

I think I saw Stinky and Oddball walking with him too! And yes, clapping is VERY important. People really underrate that skill these days.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:19 AM 01-13-2019

I think I saw Stinky and Oddball walking with him too! And yes, clapping is VERY important. People really underrate that skill these days.
12th man?

Haglund's Spirit is strong.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:29 AM 01-13-2019
We can win the Super Bowl without Berry I'm really sick of him being brought up If he ain't playing he ain't playing.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:34 AM 01-13-2019
Cornbread still in Florida, Tumbleweed was a tad under the weather and stayed in the underpass.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:39 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Cornbread still in Florida, Tumbleweed was a tad under the weather and stayed in the underpass.
OH HELL NO! They left his ass behind to work the streets and bars, to raise up some grip for the after party! That MD 20/20 ain't gonna' buy itself!
[Reply]
BossChief 09:47 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
So glad I was wrong
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:47 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
We can win the Super Bowl without Berry I'm really sick of him being brought up If he ain't playing he ain't playing.
The spirit is willing but the Haglund is not, whaddaya gonna do?
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:48 AM 01-13-2019
OH HELL NO! They left his ass behind to work the streets and bars, to raise up some grip for the after party! That MD 20/20 ain't gonna' buy itself!
Nighttrain. T'weed down wit' the 'train, dawg.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:56 AM 01-13-2019
So, was Dances with Sweatpants on the sidelines yesterday?
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:57 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
So glad I was wrong
You were SO wrong...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:07 AM 01-13-2019
He's lucky he works for Hunt, I'd make sure he doesn't participate in team activities this week, let the kids who got us here know they're #1, not Berry. And I'd make sure he knows, if we get there, he won't be making the trip to Atlanta, his hometown, with the Chiefs. We simply don't need him messing with anybody's mojo right now.

Could you imagine the media attention he'd get for the two-week break between the AFCCCG and the SB if they let the drama happen? None of the other players deserve that...
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 10:13 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He's lucky he works for Hunt, I'd make sure the participate in team activities this week, let the kids who got us here know they're #1, not Berry. And I'd make sure he knows, if we get there, he won't be making the trip to Atlanta, his hometown, with the Chiefs. We simply don't need him messing with anybody's mojo right now.

Could you imagine the media attention he'd get for the two-week break between the AFCCCG and the SB if they let the drama happen? None of the other players deserve that...
You know his spirit is down to play in the SB...Haglund's be damned.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:48 AM 01-13-2019
I just had a wonderful thought.

We all complain about the cap( and rightfully so )and the injustice of the deal and the drama surrounding the deal, but here's the other side of the coin:

Haglund has to sit on the bench and watch his team pass him by. And there aren't any big shot replacements for Haglund that he can point to and say,"well yeah, that guy is a pro bowler too and without HIM there'd be no chance".
There's literally NO ONE in that defensive backfield that is hot-shit enough to carry everyone else and as a result, it's an all-team affair. No individual heroes.

So, all poor Haglund can do is sit on that bench and watch a team of "lesser" guys take this team farther than Haglund ever has in his entire professional career. And if THAT doesn't pay him back for some of the arrogance he displayed when treating the Chiefs like a business that had "done him wrong", then I don't know what does.

So kick back and enjoy the show, Haglund. I'm sure your pom-poms make all the difference in the world to these guys. :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Up