ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"Holy No Prenup, Batman!" Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos file for 137billion dollar divorce
JakeF 02:19 PM 01-09-2019
Biggest divorce settlement in history if there isn't a prenup, there doesn't appear to be. :-)

THE NEW YORK POST

Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce — unclear if the couple has a prenuptial agreement

By 0 and Lia Eustachewich
Published: Jan 9, 2019 11:49 a.m. ET
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/je...ent-2019-01-09
The Amazon founder and his wife are divorcing after 25 years of marriage.

Amazon AMZN, +0.47% CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are divorcing after 25 years of marriage, the couple announced Wednesday.

“We want to make people aware of a development in our lives,” tweeted Bezos, the world’s richest person. “As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separate, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends.”

He continued: “We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other. If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again.”

The 54-year-old sits at the top of Forbes world’s billionaires ranking, with a real-time worth of $137.4 billion.

It’s unclear if the couple has a prenuptial agreement.

They reside in Washington state, which is a “community property state” — meaning divorcing couples without a prenup split assets 50-50, TMZ reported.

The Bezos own five homes in Medina, Washington, Beverly Hills, Van Horn, Texas, DC and Manhattan — making Jeff the 25th biggest landowner in the nation, Business Insider said.

The couple met in New York at hedge fund D.E. Shaw when Jeff, the company’s vice president, interviewed MacKenzie for a job, according to Business Insider.

MacKenzie, a Princeton graduate, landed the gig as a research associate and the two office neighbors fell in love — fast.

MacKenzie, who was 23 at the time and made the first move by asking Jeff out to lunch, was smitten.

“My office was next door to his, and all day long I listened to that fabulous laugh,” she recalled in a 2013 interview with Vogue. “How could you not fall in love with that laugh?”

Within three months, they were engaged and, three months later in 1993, they were hitched.

Jeff also gushed about his longtime love.

“I think my wife is resourceful, smart, brainy, and hot, but I had the good fortune of having seen her résumé before I met her, so I knew exactly what her SATs were,” he told Vogue.

In 1994, the newlyweds quit their Wall Street jobs and moved cross country to Seattle, where Jeff launched Amazon. He hired MacKenzie as an accountant — as one of the online bookstore’s first employees.

“To me, watching your spouse, somebody that you love, have an adventure — what is better than that?” MacKenzie told CBS.

The couple went on to have four children.

MacKenzie, 48, is an award-winning novelist who penned the “The Testing of Luther Albright” in 2005 and “Traps” eight years later.

At Princeton, where Jeff also attended, she studied under legendary author Toni Morrison, who told Vogue that she was “one of the best students” she ever had.

Last year, Jeff and MacKenzie launched the homeless charity Day One Fund together.

In his statement on Wednesday, he hinted that he and his soon-to-be ex-wife would continue working together.

“We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures,” Jeff wrote. “Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.”
[Reply]
loochy 08:23 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
In her defense the body is a lot better than the face
Yeah. She's not the hottest, but I don't think she's too bad.

[Reply]
Shaid 08:38 AM 01-10-2019
They have 4 kids, when they die, that's where the money goes. They could have a few more with other people but this isn't like an old dude marrying some young chick for a couple years. It's all going to end up with their kids eventually anyways.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:22 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
By whom?
Take a guess
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:28 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
If all pussies disappeared right now, how many women could get married based on other merits, and what would those merits be?
BJ's?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:32 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah. She's not the hottest, but I don't think she's too bad.

I'd fuck her.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:15 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
When you are that rich the hot wife you once had grows older and after 25 years you realize you could have a much younger hottie. Time to lease instead of buy
If you've got a net worth of $137 billion and your wife isn't into orgies with supermodels, maybe it's a bargain to give up $68 billion so you can freely engage in orgies with supermodels. As mentioned earlier, it's not as if losing $68 billion on paper is going to affect his daily quality of life. You only live once and he's accomplished a lot, so maybe now he's going to pursue his lifelong dream of having orgies with supermodels.
[Reply]
Donger 11:51 AM 01-10-2019
https://www.ibtimes.com/who-lauren-s...-bezos-2750989
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:02 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.ibtimes.com/who-lauren-s...-bezos-2750989
I bet she's interested in having orgies with supermodels.
[Reply]
Scorpion05 12:14 PM 01-10-2019
If they were in love, and grew their wealth and power together, then I think the prenup is irrelevant. The people who overly focus on prenups probably won't have fulfilling marriages

How hot she is is kind of irrelevant as well given how long they were married. That mindset is what gets rich guys screwed. Can't complain about shallow women and gold diggers when you're choosing your wife for the wrong reasons
[Reply]
BWillie 12:28 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
They have 4 kids, when they die, that's where the money goes. They could have a few more with other people but this isn't like an old dude marrying some young chick for a couple years. It's all going to end up with their kids eventually anyways.
I'm going to die with absolutely zero money in my name. This much I assure you.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:30 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Are you married
No but I've had a girlfriend of 10 years. She pesters me all the time. I do not live with her even. Once I pay off my current house I'm going to pool all my assets in a trust and hire an attorney to ensure it cannot be touched as I'll probably be forced to do it one of these days.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:52 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No but I've had a girlfriend of 10 years. She pesters me all the time. I do not live with her even. Once I pay off my current house I'm going to pool all my assets in a trust and hire an attorney to ensure it cannot be touched as I'll probably be forced to do it one of these days.
Damn this is sad.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:53 PM 01-10-2019

Who got Mackenzie Bezos IG or Twitter?��

— Todd Gurley II (@TG3II) January 9, 2019

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:56 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Damn this is sad.
Sad that this is what the court system has done to way too many men.
[Reply]
Donger 02:29 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In which state do you live?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up