ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 04:34 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not that it means anything, but they were predicting we'd get 4-6" out of this storm in Denver. Current view from my office:

Is Rainman there? Say "Hi" to him for me if so. He doesn't know me, but that's okay.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:40 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in football. I bet they are chomping at the bit for this one. As it gets colder, as it gets wetter - advantage to superior offensive line and run schemes.
They actually don’t. They are above avg but by no means are they elite. Luck has had one of the quickest releases this year which makes it easier for his O-line.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 01-11-2019
I'm guessing Rain Man is en route to or already in KC.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:42 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Because of the snow, or because it's Missouri?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. In no way, shape or form are Kansas drivers allowed to talk smack on ANY other state's drivers, much less Missouri's.
[Reply]
tmax63 04:43 PM 01-11-2019
I'm an hour and a half southeast of you Mr. DaFace and we have about 3" and still snowing with 20mph wind. It really truly sucks outside my house today.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:43 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
good. As long as Kelsey and Hill can get out of their breaks without slipping or falling down, we are good to go.
Can't wait to see this new guy shine. Practice squad dude?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:49 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm guessing Rain Man is en route to or already in KC.
RainMan: "I currently stand on ground on which Patrick Mahomes II has walked."

I think this means he's in KC and I hope he's not being literal like he broke into Mahomes's apartment and is texting me from his bedroom.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:51 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He's wrong, just for the record.
No I'm not
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:51 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Has PM ever thrown a ball in the snow?
If he was a rookie, maybe it would be more of a worry.

I would think he would have intentionally practiced in cold and snowy, freezing rain weather, etc. last winter.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:51 PM 01-11-2019
CoMo has been getting heavy snow since around noon today. I estimate 4+ inches on the ground right now. It is forecast to snow even harder over the night time hours and let off in the morning.

I think that by game time in KC it won't be all that bad, but that opinion is from looking a webcams around KC a few minutes ago.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:52 PM 01-11-2019
Yeah well, never seen it written down, only heard my grandpa say it. So reasonable to get the pronunciation incorrect.

But carry on with your personal attacks on intelligence.
Okay. You're dumb!!!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 04:53 PM 01-11-2019
I'm sorry I'm freaking out about the weather. Maybe I'm just nervous. When I heard it was going to be 46 degrees and sunny a week ago I figured we'd roll these clowns by 17 points. The weather just makes me nervous. And it increases the chance of luckiness and flukes to come into play.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:53 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
No I'm not
http://ethics.npr.org/memos-from-mem...g-or-champing/

The AP says “champ at the bit” is “the original and better form.”

But, Webster’s adds that “chomp at the bit” is a variation.

What’s more, no less an authority than William Safire weighed in 31 years ago, saying that “to spell it champing at the bit when most people would say chomping at the bit is to slavishly follow outdated dictionary preferences.”

[Reply]
carcosa 04:53 PM 01-11-2019
I'm sorry I'm freaking out about the weather. Maybe I'm just nervous. When I heard it was going to be 46 degrees and sunny a week ago I figured we'd roll these clowns by 17 points. The weather just makes me nervous. And it increases the chance of luckiness and flukes to come into play.
It's ok, I love u
[Reply]
penguinz 04:54 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's "champing at the bit" dumbass
It is both.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up