ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:22 PM 01-11-2019
32 south of KC and starting to stick. Should be an interesting weekend...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:22 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Six inches has a large variance depending on opinion, or so I've heard
Well its not the size of the snow accumulation, its more about the motion of the system.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:23 PM 01-11-2019
I honestly have very little concern about Mahomes or our offense in the snow/cold/wind.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:25 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
I honestly have very little concern about Mahomes or our offense in the snow/cold/wind.
I'm not worried either, I'm hopeful for some fumbles.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:27 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
WEATHER FIGHT!!!!!!!
He is a tool. Wants to call me a fools a couple of days ago that I threw out a random map when the NWS was saying a small snow event.

Who was right?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
I think it doesn't help Luck. His away splits are significantly worse. He's also worse on grass as well.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...tuationalstats

Overall, I think the game will be starting in the temperature bucket of "not a big deal" http://archive.advancedfootballanaly...n-passing.html
I have no clue why people think this HELPS the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are the worst rushing defense in the NFL. If there is anything the Chiefs are good at defensively, it's stopping the pass. We have fucking terrible middle linebackers and safeties. We get obliterated by great running schemes.

Having it snow during the game is the absolute worst possible outcome. It doesn't mean we will lose - but it SIGNIFICANTLY neutralizes the league MVP in Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is good when he's running around, zigging and zagging, throwing at weird arm angles. This is going to be almost impossible in snow. He's going to have to stay in the pocket, and we are going to have to be successful in the run and hold onto the football.
[Reply]
wazu 03:29 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is a tool. Wants to call me a fools a couple of days ago that I threw out a random map when the NWS was saying a small snow event.

Who was right?
I’m not sure yet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:31 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mahomes is good when he's running around, zigging and zagging, throwing at weird arm angles. This is going to be almost impossible in snow.
The field is heated, moron.

The only concern here is a slick football.
[Reply]
wazu 03:32 PM 01-11-2019

The Chiefs are the worst rushing defense in the NFL. If there is anything the Chiefs are good at defensively, it's stopping the pass. We have fucking terrible middle linebackers and safeties. We get obliterated by great running schemes.

Having it snow during the game is the absolute worst possible outcome. It doesn't mean we will lose - but it SIGNIFICANTLY neutralizes the league MVP in Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is good when he's running around, zigging and zagging, throwing at weird arm angles. This is going to be almost impossible in snow. He's going to have to stay in the pocket, and we are going to have to be successful in the run and hold onto the football.
Chillax, friend. Mahomes is adaptable. Whatever modifications are necessary to his mechanics to negotiate the terrain, he will make. And best part is he won’t even have to consciously do it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:33 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I'm not worried either, I'm hopeful for some Indy fumbles.
Yeah, might want to be a little more specific with that post.
[Reply]
sedated 03:33 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
We're getting quite a bit in CoMo. Roads are already terrible.
Because of the snow, or because it's Missouri?
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:34 PM 01-11-2019
I thought bad weather gave us an advantage over a dome team.
Then 1995 happened.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:34 PM 01-11-2019

The Chiefs are the worst rushing defense in the NFL. If there is anything the Chiefs are good at defensively, it's stopping the pass. We have ****ing terrible middle linebackers and safeties. We get obliterated by great running schemes.

Indy is only good running the ball when they have a good lead and are running out the clock.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:34 PM 01-11-2019
As much as I love a joke at Missouri's expense, after Brownback I don't think the quality of roads (or schools, for that matter) is where we want to hit 'em.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 03:35 PM 01-11-2019
Darksky.net is now estimating the end of the heavy snow around 7-8am tomorrow morning, earlier than expected. There is also the potential of a dry slot moving in from the southwest, which could limit accumulations.

If we could all send good thoughts to send the Low bolting towards the East right now please. That would clear it out faster.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up