ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 54
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:07 PM 01-05-2019
If the "lets throw sideways, run triple fake screen shovel pass, punt to save 15 yards Andy Reid shows up, there could be problems.

Mahomes needs to be able to say "**** that noise" and change the play to something coherent. If the chiefs should make it to the big game, I fully believe Mahomes will have to overcome some typical Stupid **** Andy moments.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:09 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I think the biggest key is whether their vaunted Oline really can beat our pass rush. If we can't pressure Luck I think you have to expect something like the no punt game. Get our normal pressure we can stop them enough to win by more than a TD. Either way sit back and enjoy the Mahomes show.
After Saturday, Andrew Luck will have his whole off-season to talk to his therapist about his new phobia of the number "95".
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:09 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
If the "lets throw sideways, run triple fake screen shovel pass, punt to save 15 yards Andy Reid shows up, there could be problems.

Mahomes needs to be able to say "**** that noise" and change the play to something coherent. If the chiefs should make it to the big game, I fully believe Mahomes will have to overcome some typical Stupid **** Andy moments.
No. Inaccurate. Overcoming Sutton will be the only coaching issue.
[Reply]
tk13 11:10 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, but Watkins is key to this offense as well, because then it forces defenses to be more honest instead of rotating covers to Kelce or Tyreek. As a defensive coordinator, Kelvin Benjamin doesn't scare me. Chris Conley doesn't scare me. Robinson.... maybe, depending on which Robinson shows up.

Also, I will be curious to see what kind of a game plan Andy and his staff is going to put together. If they go sideways too much......
It's also going to be interesting to see what the Colts do. Today they played very conservatively and kept everything in front of them. Watson really couldn't take advantage of it. Will they try to do it again next week and try to prevent big plays? If so, Mahomes will have to be patient.
[Reply]
DelFan 11:16 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Vegas disagrees. Maybe you were thinking "dumb money"? :-)
Vegas never agrees or disagrees. Vegas never bets money on the games. All the line from Vegas tells you is what the bettors Vegas has access to believe.

Vegas then moves the line up or down, not dependent upon their own inside football knowledge, but rather the movement is made to get the same amount of money on both sides. If too much money goes on the Chiefs, they will give more points to the Colts or they will reduce the points given to the Colts if not enough people pick the Chiefs.

Vegas doesn't care about QB ratings or injuries or the weather. All they care about is the dollar figure on each side of the bet. It makes their life very simple. The only problem they run into is when bettors will not move to the weak money side even when they throw heavy points that way. Now the bettors can certainly be influenced by ratings and injuries and weather and decide their wager accordingly. When Vegas adjusts the line, it is to react to the bettors' behaviors, not the conditions that influence them.

When you are the house, you make money no matter who wins as long as you can get the bets to balance out on both sides of the line.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:20 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by DelFan:
Vegas never agrees or disagrees. Vegas never bets money on the games. All the line from Vegas tells you is what the bettors Vegas has access to believe.

Vegas then moves the line up or down, not dependent upon their own inside football knowledge, but rather the movement is made to get the same amount of money on both sides. If too much money goes on the Chiefs, they will give more points to the Colts or they will reduce the points given to the Colts if not enough people pick the Chiefs.

Vegas doesn't care about QB ratings or injuries or the weather. All they care about is the dollar figure on each side of the bet. It makes their life very simple. The only problem they run into is when bettors will not move to the weak money side even when they throw heavy points that way. Now the bettors can certainly be influenced by ratings and injuries and weather and decide their wager accordingly. When Vegas adjusts the line, it is to react to the bettors' behaviors, not the conditions that influence them.

When you are the house, you make money no matter who wins as long as you can get the bets to balance out on both sides of the line.
No shit...:-)

I think he was referring to the opening lines...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:22 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Colts are dead last at defending tight ends, FWIW.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:25 PM 01-05-2019
Watkins better be playing. If they're focused on covering up their weakness to TEs then that leaves Hill and Watkins to put in some serious work. Robinson amd Harris also could have big days if left unaccounted for..
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:26 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by DelFan:

The sharps are the "smart money" and initial consensus favors Chiefs.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 11:26 PM 01-05-2019
Colts are weakest team in playoffs, only quality wins are against Texans and Cowboys. It shouldn't even be close or a shootout. I'm thinking 42-14 Chiefs.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:26 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
No shit...:-)

I think he was referring to the opening lines...
yeppers. sharps & oddsmakers :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:33 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

If Andy finds a way to lose this Home game against the #6 Seed with the MVP of the NFL throwing the ball for us- he should be packing his office on Monday.

If he can't win this game, he will never win.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If Andy finds a way to lose this Home game against the #6 Seed with the MVP of the NFL throwing the ball for us- he should be packing his office on Monday.

If he can't win this game, he will never win.
Bottom 5 defense in the league. There's your built in excuse if it happens.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:39 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bottom 5 defense in the league. There's your built in excuse if it happens.
Either we advance or Sutton is gone. It will be interesting to see the threshold for retaining Sutton - AFCCG or SB.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:44 PM 01-05-2019
The Colts are not nearly consistent enough on offense to keep up in this game. Luck will be under more pressure than he has seen in a while and he will force some balls and throw at least two picks. I am not worried about this game at all. I don’t want to hear about their defense either. Watson missed guys wide open all night. Mahomes won’t do that.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 54
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up