ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>Finally a movie I've marked my calendar for
Nzoner 07:15 AM 05-18-2018

[Reply]
007 05:48 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yep, spent three hours this morning watching interviews, docs and concert footage trying to reacquaint myself with Queen and several had that trailer as the opening ad

I hope it's a trend, but not sure Elton's movie will have the same impact... whoever plays better be incredible to even try to approach Malek
Taren edgertony
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Taren edgertony
Well at least his name is eccentric enough to pull it off
[Reply]
Frazod 05:53 PM 02-23-2019
Just picked this and Star is Born up on bluray.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:50 PM 02-23-2019
Yep, spent three hours this morning watching interviews, docs and concert footage trying to reacquaint myself with Queen and several had that trailer as the opening ad
Speaking as a hardcore Queen fan since the 70's I highly recommend the 3 1/2 + hour documentary Days Of Our Lives

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:59 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just picked this and Star is Born up on bluray.
Do you like watching the extra features?

If so BR has some good ones to check out.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:23 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Speaking as a hardcore Queen fan since the 70's I highly recommend the 3 1/2 + hour documentary Days Of Our Lives

I'll be watching that soon, the more reading and listening up I do the more interesting they become

You guys who caught them live back in the day are very fortunate
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:38 PM 02-23-2019
I'll be watching that soon, the more reading and listening up I do the more interesting they become

You guys who caught them live back in the day are very fortunate
i was fortunate enough to see them live twice The Game tour and Hot Space tour.

As for songs my #1 Queen song was not a hit but is the last track on News Of The World

[Reply]
underEJ 01:31 PM 02-24-2019
Have you seen the kemper arena super 8 footage from 1978? I didn’t see them until 82, but there is great stuff in here of what was clearly an epic concert. A great bit of it’s late right in the middle.

https://youtu.be/8pwp0OAbD3g
[Reply]
Nzoner 01:43 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Have you seen the kemper arena super 8 footage from 1978? I didn’t see them until 82, but there is great stuff in here of what was clearly an epic concert. A great bit of it’s late right in the middle.

https://youtu.be/8pwp0OAbD3g
Thanks for sharing that,those colored lights were a staple both times I saw them live as well.Remember on The Game tour those lights lowered and all but enclosed the band during an extended instrumental in the middle of Get Down,Make Love.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:

Just finished the first hour, fascinating stuff

How badly the British press treated them early on

Watching them record We Are The Champions in the studio

The story about Freddie grabbing Sid Vicious by his jacket and throwing him out of the recording studio was hilarious

Gonna watch at least another hour of it today, thanks for turning me on to this... they were quite groundbreaking
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:32 AM 02-25-2019
Rami Malek. Oscar gold!
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:25 AM 02-25-2019
Just finished the first hour, fascinating stuff

How badly the British press treated them early on

Watching them record We Are The Champions in the studio

The story about Freddie grabbing Sid Vicious by his jacket and throwing him out of the recording studio was hilarious

Gonna watch at least another hour of it today, thanks for turning me on to this... they were quite groundbreaking
You're welcome,glad you're enjoying
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:18 AM 02-25-2019
I was speaking from the small mind of my 15-16-17-18 year old self

Didn't think they were all gay even back then, but Freddie was enough to kinda make me keep my distance... it was complete idiocy, and of course I see that now
Judas Priest's lead singer.......... you fan on them back in the day?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:05 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Judas Priest's lead singer.......... you fan on them back in the day?
Didn't give it much thought back then, I guess maybe because back then Halford hadnt yet come out publicly, even though his look strongly suggested it

But I loves me some Priest, have plans to see them for the first time this summer
[Reply]
patteeu 03:15 PM 02-25-2019
Didn't give it much thought back then, I guess maybe because back then Halford hadnt yet come out publicly, even though his look strongly suggested it

But I loves me some Priest, have plans to see them for the first time this summer
No matter how much I once liked a band, and at one time Judas Priest was my favorite, I can't get excited about ~70 year old guys playing this kind of music. It's probably unfair of me and their most recent album is pretty darned good IMO, so I hope you have a great time.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up