ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 240
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:22 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
100% agree. I think I counted that on about 2/3 of drives where we lead by more than 1 score, we go 3-and-out or 6-and-out. We're the #3 offense in nfl history. We are way too good on offense to be that ineffective in those situations. Clearly Reid is doing something different on O when we're leading. Let Mahomes be mahomes in the 4q and we'll be fine.
It's like he's afraid to call plays, like he's hiding them from being taped
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:48 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It's like he's afraid to call plays, like he's hiding them from being taped
Thing is, our playcalling and mentality are sharp in second halves when we're behind or the game is close. Reid seems to play it safe when we have a lead. For some reason, he replaces runs with sideways passes. Mahomes looks more like a game manager trying to avoid mistakes. Defense goes into prevent. I think it's a lot more to do with the mentality.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:49 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You realize we probably face that turd Jackson in the Divisional, right?
Just like I don't think the Chargers are capable of winning at Arrowhead twice in one year...I don't think the Ravens are going to beat the Chargers twice in one year.

I think that NFL defenses now have enough film on Jackson, they won't be getting caught by surprise this time.

He can't beat you with his arm. We know that now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:49 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Andy would have eventually won a SB in PHA. The poster stated he would not have. We know that eventually he would have. He is too good a coach.

:-):-):-)

So...no one else here is going to call this bullshit? For shame. This is like saying we know Haley would have won a Super Bowl in KC because his downhill slide clearly shows him trending in the right direction. When Reid left Philly, he was run the fuck out of town because it was glaringly apparent that he would NOT be winning a Super Bowl there, and because it was TIME for him to go.

"We know he would have"?

Have you been drinking Scotch with Elway today?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:39 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how many coaches in NFL history have won 3 division titles in a row?

i bet it's not a lot

belichick obviously...
In NFL history how many coaches have given up an 18+ point second half lead in a playoff loss?

3, that's how many. And Reid did it TWICE. In 98 years of the NFL, it's only happened 4 damn times, and Reid has done it 2 of those 4 times as the HC of the Kansas City Chiefs.

He still makes clock management errors, mismanages timeouts on a regular basis, and he believes that Bob Sutton is a good defensive coordinator.

Yes, he helped bring Mahomes to KC, and he will always be remembered for it. And when Mahomes leads us to a Super Bowl win, if Reid is still the head coach, he may never have to pay for BBQ in this town again.

But he has been a HC in the NFL for 20 seasons now, and he still makes mistakes that rookie head coaches make.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 12:40 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just stop. You're trying to psyche yourself out and it's just making you look miserable...
Andy Reid has blown games that were heavily in his favor over and over again.

Last year was his worst act. He’s a better coach than Mularkey, he had a better QB than Marriotta, he had homefield and a better overall team.

What if he does this AGAIN next week against a lesser coach, QB and at home?

What is the excuse after that?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:37 PM 01-05-2019

[Reply]
staylor26 02:38 PM 01-05-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:41 PM 01-05-2019
He's a flawed human being like everyone else. He has strengths and weaknesses. So does everyone else. He's the perfect coach for Mahomes, and for that reason, the right coach to have for KC.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:48 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Last year was his worst act. He’s a better coach than Mularkey, he had a better QB than Marriotta, he had homefield and a better overall team.

We'll just have to get rid of him and replace him with... Mike Kafka???

Honestly, he's here for awhile and that may not be a bad thing. At least until Mahomes is the kind of QB that actually runs the entire show and the HC/OC is just a dude to cheerlead the rest of the team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:50 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We'll just have to get rid of him and replace him with... Mike Kafka???

Honestly, he's here for awhile and that may not be a bad thing. At least until Mahomes is the kind of QB that actually runs the entire show and the HC/OC is just a dude to cheerlead the rest of the team.
another reason I'd like to find a young, ascending defensive coach. He can run the defense for a few years until Andy's ready for pasture, which by that time, Mahomes will be running the offense Peyton Manning-style.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Smith certainty didn't play like the better QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:55 PM 01-05-2019
Andy didn't blow last year's playoff game.

He schemed receivers open for Alex and Alex blew it.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy didn't blow last year's playoff game.

He schemed receivers open for Alex and Alex blew it.
Who employed said QB? Who kept said QB in the game in the 2nd half after struggling for 2 months?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:07 PM 01-05-2019
The only thing I'd even consider firing Reid for right now is if there are not any changes made on the defensive side of the ball, and all indications are there will be.

We have one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history and our first year starting QB just threw for 50/5000. Absolutely no way I'm firing the guy with the biggest role in developing all that.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 240
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up