ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 240
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It's amazing how ****ing stupid the majority are about bitching how Andy handled that last drive. The clowns were bitching that he needs to run the ball then. So guess what he did. Ran the ball. It sucks we lost 3 yards though. Chargers burned their time out. Good so far. Next was a pass to Hill. Got yardage back and put into a manageable 3rd down. Chargers burned #2 time out. Good. 3rd down got set back by a penalty put in 3rd and long. Had to pass, then disaster with sack. The bitching to bitch without thinking has always been the downfall of the morons on here.
The Chiefs looked to run off the clock first, hoping for an outside shot at a first down conversion. It was the definition of being ultra save and playing not to lose.

With 3:49 on the clock
Against a good QB
Knowing their D is shit (and that they weren't planning to play Berry)
Knowing a punt would give them excellent field position

It'd be one thing if Reid did this once or twice. But this exact type of drive has popped up over and over and over again in his decades of coaching. That was horrendous playcalling on a 3-down series. Sorry not sorry.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:39 AM 12-14-2018
It's amazing how ****ing stupid the majority are about bitching how Andy handled that last drive. The clowns were bitching that he needs to run the ball then. So guess what he did. Ran the ball. It sucks we lost 3 yards though. Chargers burned their time out. Good so far. Next was a pass to Hill. Got yardage back and put into a manageable 3rd down. Chargers burned #2 time out. Good. 3rd down got set back by a penalty put in 3rd and long. Had to pass, then disaster with sack. The bitching to bitch without thinking has always been the downfall of the morons on here.
I think it's just Reids reputation he's done this shit for 20 years now. My only concern is how long is his window to win a title here? He's in year 6 with this team eventually he will get stale with the players. I believe Cowher and Madden were the only guys who coached more than 5 years and won a championship. There's probably a good reason for that.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 12-14-2018
Good job fat man

Not to jump on Andy Reid for clock management, buuuuuut this timeout last night was pretty questionable. Eight seconds left, five seconds on the playclock, Chargers scrambling, basically a frustration timeout at the DPI being called. Rivers said afterwards it helped them regroup. pic.twitter.com/BDoS30ygqP

— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) December 14, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 12-14-2018
McVay up by 14 points? Still going for the throat.
Payton up by 14 points? Still going for the throat.
Reid up by 14 points? Let's run out of the shotgun and go 3 and out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:43 AM 12-14-2018
It's amazing how stupid the majority are about bitching how Andy handled that last drive. The clowns were bitching that he needs to run the ball then. So guess what he did. Ran the ball. It sucks we lost 3 yards though.
JFC have you watched the Chiefs this season? Even with Kareem Hunt, they haven't been a great running team when the opposing defense is expecting run... they don't have a physical offensive line that can impose its will and force the issue on obvious rushing plays.

With that in mind, on first down when the Chargers were expecting run, Andy Reid should have called a playfake/high % pass play/screen or something else besides just a basic rushing play when the defense was expecting run.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:47 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
We are all overjoyed that Haglund has returned to us in a limited capacity, and I believe it is necessary for ALL of ChiefsPlanet to personally thank you for your efforts in motivating him back to part time gladiator status. Well done!

I read this morning that Berry looked like he was directing lost little old ladies in traffic last night. Must be that great coaching of limited talent I keep hearing so much about!
My God it was nice to have him back, but alas, it didn't work.

And I hope he's not been helping to "coach" on the side for the last two years (as has been reported), if he has it would suggest that he's not getting through to the rest of the players ny more than Sutton. So yeah, let's tone that down a bit, I want him to become an NFL coach at some point down the road.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:50 AM 12-14-2018
I like Andy Reid, I think he is a great football Head Coach. That said, Bob Sutton is inept at his job. If Andy won't fire him out of loyalty or friendship, Clark or Veach need to step in. Fuck this shit. This defense is beyond unacceptable.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:52 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
This. A million times....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:58 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He's still a good coach but if we dont win a playoff game this year or next and Veach botches this draft both should be gone in 2021.
The good news is, parking will only go up $5 next year. The year we'll be told we're poised to win it all, so buy your season tix now...

Next year... When Berry can play more....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:00 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
If Reid is canned after another playoff meltdown Clark better have an excellent replacement lined up or a few more years of Mahomes will be wasted.
I don't have to do a damn thing Pal...

/Clark

:-)
[Reply]
Valiant 11:00 AM 12-14-2018
Ward and Harris should be cut. Each week Harris gets us a penalty in crucial 4th qtr situations.

And Andy should be barred from calling timeouts. Two weeks in a row he screwed his team.

Way to give the chargers more time to get the TD call in when they were hurrying up. Then not to call one before the two point.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:03 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
At this point Reid isn't really the problem other than letting Bob back in the building.
Andy owns the plays that were called that gave the ball back to L.A.. He's hardly innocent. He'll claim he wanted to milk clock, and we'll be expected to say, "Oh THAT'S what you were trying to do, we never thought about that."

Credit L.A.'s coaching staff, they knew who they were playing, both the coaches and the players. A recipe many in the league can whip-up.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:07 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC have you watched the Chiefs this season? Even with Kareem Hunt, they haven't been a great running team when the opposing defense is expecting run... they don't have a physical offensive line that can impose its will and force the issue on obvious rushing plays.

With that in mind, on first down when the Chargers were expecting run, Andy Reid should have called a playfake/high % pass play/screen or something else besides just a basic rushing play when the defense was expecting run.
This is spot on.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:08 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
This was the biggest issue

we had a chance to seal it with 3 minutes left and they went conservative

lucky we didn't lose to the ravens trying to rely on defense :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 11:08 AM 12-14-2018
The screen game to the rbs worked well first half.

I don't think we even ran one in the second.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 240
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up