ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 286
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:34 PM 07-13-2014
Anything with Ken Marino is watchable, I'll give it a look.
[Reply]
nstygma 02:08 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
It's funny I totally understand what you're saying because I liked it too although it was slow at parts but definitely not worth a 19% For example Man on Fire only got a 39 % but viewers gave it a 90%

On the other hand viewers will give a movie shit ratings and critics will give it good ratings and it actually will be good so go figure.
I never realized that! I thought Man on Fire was great.

I wonder, is there a list of movies that were rated rotten by the critics, but also rated highly by the audience?
[Reply]
ragedogg69 07:03 AM 07-14-2014
There are tons of them. The problem is that people that go to see a bad movie, know what they are getting. So it is more rated for what it is, rather than if it is "good."

Case in point, look up every Tyler Perry movie.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:23 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not until that moment, with the highlighted hair, did I realize how much Michael Ian Black looks like a McPoyle.

Yup. He's a milk drinker.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:26 PM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Just watched They Came Together. Fun little self aware romantic comedy. Has a lull in the middle of it, but a nice date movie.
I thought it was pretty good too, but yes, there is a lull, and some of the casting isn't as perfect as Wet Hot American Summer. I do like absurdity when it is well done and David Wain seems to get it right most of the time. The lull in They Came Together happens when he falls too closely in line with the rom-coms he is parodying.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:43 PM 07-14-2014
Still cleaning off the DVR from recent free preview weekends:

The Purge - meh. I liked the premise (though it's a total ripoff from an old Star Trek episode) but it seemed to be missing something. I agree with this review: " it clearly has a lot on its mind, but it never really manages to express it."

The Worlds' End - had its funny moments. I wanted to like this a lot more than I did, though. I think it was worth seeing but I doubt I would ever watch it again.

Red 2 - enjoyable popcorn flick that falls short of the first

Charly - "Flowers for Algernon" was the first book that I remember reading that really affected me. I have avoided this movie adaptation because it seemed that it would be difficult to translate the book to film and I didn't want to be disappointed. Cliff Robertson does a great job of portraying a mentally handicapped Charly without making him cartoonish. I felt the film kind of drifted off track once the love story starts and it ends pretty abruptly, but it is still a pretty good movie. It doesn't have anywhere close to the same impact as the the book did, though.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:47 PM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
The lull in They Came Together happens when he falls too closely in line with the rom-coms he is parodying.
This exactly.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:45 PM 07-15-2014
saw Gravity last night.
meh
wish Sandra had popped a boob out or something.....
[Reply]
Rausch 04:55 PM 07-15-2014
Not until that moment, with the highlighted hair, did I realize how much Michael Ian Black looks like a McPoyle.

They both creep me out.

I loved The Kids In The Hall but...yeah, they both make me want to tell my wife to tighten her grip on her purse...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:08 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
They both creep me out.

I loved The Kids In The Hall but...yeah, they both make me want to tell my wife to tighten her grip on her purse...
Always Sunny?
[Reply]
Rausch 07:38 PM 07-15-2014
Always Sunny?
Yes, I'm familiar.

But he and the guy he looks like from TKITH are both just creepy looking fuckers...
[Reply]
Fish 08:05 PM 07-15-2014
Watched Joe with Nick m'f'n' Cage. Pretty weird. Cage overacting a lot. Emphasis on uncomfortable scenes. Kid actor did a really good job. Pretty spontaneous and kept you kind of guessing. Irrational but entertaining enough.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:10 PM 07-15-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yes, I'm familiar.

But he and the guy he looks like from TKITH are both just creepy looking fuckers...
Not sure what you're getting at now

Bruce McCullough, KitH

Michael Ian Black, The State, Stella

Jimmi Simpson - IASiP

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:21 PM 07-15-2014
You don't see Bruce McCullough much anymore. I've seen the rest of the cast in a bunch of shit since then.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:29 PM 07-15-2014
He's probably ashamed to show his face after causing all of that cancer.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 286
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up