ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Hall of Classics>trINT green sucks
Phobia 07:40 PM 10-21-2001
What a waste of a 1st rounder.... I think I'm gonna be sick.
[Reply]
KCWolfman 07:44 PM 10-21-2001
KPhob - You win the title of Name Caller.

trINT Green is perfect.
[Reply]
Nelson Muntz 08:09 PM 10-21-2001
you definitely win the contest for the best name

fits him to a T
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:13 PM 10-21-2001
That's even better than Stevie Ray's Invesco name.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:32 PM 10-21-2001
Thanks guys. It just came to me. I don't know why. I could have picked ANY nickname - why that one stuck, I'll never know..... :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 10:39 PM 10-21-2001
Trent Green will do in 9 games what took Girbaby 3 seasons.

Turn the majority of fans against him....very, very, against him....:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 PM 10-21-2001
TrINT... :-) LOL

This sonofab!tch makes me miss Bono.... :-)
[Reply]
ricardo4432 11:10 PM 10-21-2001
How many dropped balls were there today?

We may be 1 and 5 - but we're the Kansas City Chiefs!!! That in itself makes us the best team in the NFL!

I say go Trent, and go Chiefs!

-Rick
[Reply]
Phobia 01:52 AM 10-22-2001
Me too, Rick. I just wanted to beat RaiderFan to the name.... This way it doesn't hurt as badly. :-)
[Reply]
jAZ 02:48 AM 10-22-2001
Originally Posted by :
2000: Saw duty in eight games (five starts) in place of an injured Kurt Warner ... Completed 145 of 240 passes (60.4%) for 2,063 yards, 16 touchdowns, and five interceptions good for a 101.8 rating ... That 101.8 rating ranked topped the NFC and was just nine-tenths of a point behind Denver’s Brian Griese (102.9), who led the league.
Granted, Green was 2-3 as QB in 2000, but if I remember correctly, he was without Faulk.

Now I am not making excuses for this season, but I am asking does Trent SUCK? Or is he just playing like s#it. I argue there is a difference. Someone who sucks, IMO, can't stop. To suck describes a genuine inability to accomplish something. I suck at playing QB in the NFL. I can't learn how to do it, I suck and I always will. There will be no fine-tuning of my QB play. No WR talent will fix my game.

Green on the other hand, in all likelyhood, doesn't suck. He is simply playing like a pile of crap. An ineffective pile at that. But I don't believe it is fair to say that Green sucks.

Anyone else still willing to make that distinction?
[Reply]
Phobia 02:57 AM 10-22-2001
Well, I don't truthfully know. Those who should know much more about football than me that I pay attention to keep telling me how good he is. Those same people throw out names like Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. But, will decent WR talent help trINT make better decisions? Will an upper echelon WR prevent trINT from slinging the ball while he's in the grasp of a ridiculously large DT? Will he stop throwing ill advised balls into double and triple coverage in the red zone? How much more effort does it require to throw the ball 2 yards higher and further (out of the endzone) thereby buying yourself another play? Does better WR talent prevent a QB from staring down the primary WR on an out pattern? Does that same WR catch a football thrown 10 feet in front of him into the dirt? Does he leap into the air to snatch the ball thrown 10 feet over his head? Does the better WR eventually switch from Offense to DB in order to prevent Deltha ONeal from catching any more balls? Will this WR help trINT manage the clock better so he doesn't have to burn TO's to avoid a DOG penalty? I'm sure there is a such a WR somewhere. Unfortunately, he's not called a WR - he's a QuarterBack. :-)
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:32 AM 10-22-2001
Trent Green will do in 9 games what took Girbaby 3 seasons.

Piss off the entire population of Kansas City?
[Reply]
KC Jones 05:18 AM 10-22-2001
As some who defended Grbac to the very end, this is a bitter pill to swallow. I wish we still had Grbac. I thought he was beginning to learn how to handle a 2 minute offense, and he was certainly more accurate.

Green is very much beginning to remind me of Bono. His deep ball is just lobbed up there for anybody to go get and he's horribly inaccurate.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:40 AM 10-22-2001
I've been patient with TrINT. For six games now I have watched him ruin drives by throwing the ball everywhere EXCEPT where he should. Four INT's to the same DB in the same game? The man simply doesn't learn. Go to your job this morning and begin bungling routine assignments. Continue to do this all day. Do it for six straight days. Report back & let us know if you still have your job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:34 AM 10-22-2001
FWIW, our wide receivers are the worst I've seen in quite some time. Before the game they were talking about how DA had his best week of practice all year and then he comes out and drops catchable balls again...

He is my least favorite player right now, and I hope that he's the first to go this offseason...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up