ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Hall of Classics>Not much of a craftsman but I'm pretty proud of this...
pr_capone 11:54 PM 11-19-2007
We installed a doggy door but fat-ass, our 10 yr old wiener dog, can't make it to the door itself when going from out to in. So.... I built her a ramp today. Took me about 3 hours from design to completed product.

I used scraps from the fence we just put up to build it.

Front View

Side View

Just going to lay down some sand paper tommorow so she can get some grip and actually make it up the ramp.
:-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:48 PM 11-20-2007
How do you keep some kill crazed pitbull running in your neighborhood from coming into your house?
[Reply]
Lzen 02:49 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
That is why I will be putting down sandpaper.... give her some grip to make it up the ramp.
I have some of this that you can have.
Attached: patterned cold plastic.JPG (17.6 KB) 
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:49 PM 11-20-2007
...Not only that but the wife would not have left me alone until I had done something for her dog to get in and out as she pleases.

Really though... better than having the old girl piss and shit everywhere.
I assume you're talking about the dog and not your wife.

Wives that p*** and s*** everywhere are generally not accepted in good company.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:50 PM 11-20-2007
You could use emory cloth for the sandpaper. It won't rot off. At least not anytime soon.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:52 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:

You owe me for a keyboard cleaning. Spitting coffee through my nose is high praise for this post. Huzzah.
[Reply]
catfish307 02:53 PM 11-20-2007
That is where I am leaning to now. Did not think about the sand paper rotting off.

All this? It really was not that big of a deal. Its only my second time working with wood to build something so I rather enjoyed it.

Not only that but the wife would not have left me alone until I had done something for her dog to get in and out as she pleases.

Really though... better than having the old girl piss and shit everywhere.
I would have just bought some doggy Depends and screw puttin in the door.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:59 PM 11-20-2007
Jeez..... I never claimed to be Bob f00kin Villa here.
:-) I needed this thread today.
[Reply]
pr_capone 03:00 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
How do you keep some kill crazed pitbull running in your neighborhood from coming into your house?
Erm.... the fence?

Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have some of this that you can have.
I appreciate it! But alas.... this needs to be installed tonight so unless you live in Wichita, it won't work.

Really though... MANY thanks for the offer.

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:

LMFAO

Yeah.... the dog.

Originally Posted by Phobia:
You could use emory cloth for the sandpaper. It won't rot off. At least not anytime soon.
I'll take a look... thanks!
[Reply]
pr_capone 03:01 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by catfish307:
I would have just bought some doggy Depends and screw puttin in the door.
Well... I'm not really into changing a dog's diaper, but if you are... then more power to you. :-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 03:02 PM 11-20-2007
That ramp is better than I could do. I would have gotten a couple of buckets of dirt and made a little doggy hill.
[Reply]
pr_capone 03:05 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
:-) I needed this thread today.
Glad I could be of service to you. :-)

Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
That ramp is better than I could do. I would have gotten a couple of buckets of dirt and made a little doggy hill.
Thanks Skip!
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 03:35 PM 11-20-2007
now approaching the mythical 100 post count - whoda thunk it?

I'm thinking a small roof, a la some of the beautiful covered bridges in the northeast (and Quebec) in case it is raining and she can stay dry under the roof and just sh1t down the ramp?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:47 PM 11-20-2007
Damn man people are really ripping into you for this!? While I wouldn’t put that in front of my house I’ve got to give you props for two things. First for actually trying to build something. Second for posting pictures of it here, takes some guts.
[Reply]
pr_capone 03:53 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Damn man people are really ripping into you for this!? While I wouldn’t put that in front of my house I’ve got to give you props for two things. First for actually trying to build something. Second for posting pictures of it here, takes some guts.
LOL

Its in the back of the house in a fenced in yard.... not a soul aside from people we invite into the back yard can see it. :-)
[Reply]
pr_capone 03:54 PM 11-20-2007
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
now approaching the mythical 100 post count - whoda thunk it?

I'm thinking a small roof, a la some of the beautiful covered bridges in the northeast (and Quebec) in case it is raining and she can stay dry under the roof and just sh1t down the ramp?
I am actually surprised myself.... I did not think this thread would garner this much attention.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up