ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:15 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
With the way MU has been the past 10 years, would you REALLY of wanted to play KU in basketball?
Of course. Every school in America would schedule elites in either sport, there’s nothing but upside. Lose and you got exposure. Win and you proved you can be at their level. And ticket sales to boot
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:26 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
The Office Mexican Standoff GIFfrom The Office GIFs

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:05 AM 12-09-2022

[Reply]
Pablo 10:23 AM 12-09-2022
No need to do the mU thing. Just call em what they are - mutts.

The mangy dog the sec sec sec sec! kicks around when they get drunk and pissed.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:41 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
No need to do the mU thing. Just call em what they are - mutts.

The mangy dog the sec sec sec sec! kicks around when they get drunk and pissed.
Mizzou has become the Arkansas of the SEC, much to the delight of actual Arkansas.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:06 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Mizzou has become the Arkansas of the SEC, much to the delight of actual Arkansas.
Nah, Arkansas will play us.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:24 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:27 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Trevo_410:
Just another game anymore. Thanks kU for pussing out the past 10 years.
Yep. Bill was so scurred.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 AM 12-09-2022
Cam Martin...the secret weapon will be ready!

Hey when r u guys gonna hire Kimmy English? Probably after this coach inevitably flames out
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:04 PM 12-09-2022
Arkansas hasn't played you all since the 1800's . . . . . . literally. (Sorry, 1905 & 1906. Close enough)

And I'll just leave this here:

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/...-theres-been-/

A little later, Self was asked the very same thing, but that question, perhaps indicative of the fact that many believe it’s Kansas that has the final say in whether this rival will continue, came just less than a minute into his postgame press conference.

“That’s what fans want to know, but we’re gonna do what’s best for us,” Self said. “We’re not interested in doing what’s best for Missouri or best for Missouri fans. But if it’s best for us to play ’em, we will. It’s not a complicated deal.

“I’m not gonna say never, but I don’t think there’s been any change in our position. I’m the spokesman, I guess, on this, but, trust me, I’m not the only one that feels that way. There was a very large contingent of KU people that wasn’t happy that we were doing this initially until they realized it was for a good cause. ... Kudos to both administrations and the fans for doing something that was pretty special.”

Kansas just gets pissy when they don't have the final say so and can't be in control . . . . . . . . spoiled little bitch brats, like their coach.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:42 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Trevo_410:
Just another game anymore. Thanks kU for pussing out the past 10 years.
Yeah. We said the same thing before the game in Lawrence last year, and then AFH had it's best atmosphere in years. It was chaos, the students I still work with there said it even surpassed our home games with Kentucky. KU students camped out a week before our game last year, fraternities hyped up the matchup with the zoomers and flooded social media so much that you'd think Quantrill was leading you guys out on the court. And by the looks of things, the same thing happened on your campus. You can't look at the energy on your campus and say it's just another game anymore.

And if Bill is still struggling with his rotations tomorrow and your well coached, scrappy boys who have had incredible ball movement are able to slice through a defense still finding it's footing, this could be a close one. If it's within a possession by the end of your second half, your court is going to be rocking -- and more importantly, your students are going to make sure this is a game they book on their calendar every time we come to town.

The line to get OUT of Mizzou Arena after tonight’s #Mizzou WBB game. Those who scan their game tickets out get a second (bonus) point, which are used to calculate the priority to claim tickets for the Missouri-Kansas game on Dec. 10. pic.twitter.com/1zDUu6FJNw

— Kyle Pinnell (@Kyle_Pinnell_) December 1, 2022

The @Mizzou students are ready for the Hy-Vee Hoops Border Showdown tomorrow and @DRFrancois1 helped show our appreciation with donuts for those in line!!#MIZ 🐯 pic.twitter.com/2u1sKu45Qd

— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) December 9, 2022

For reference, KU had very similar tweets in the week leading up to the game and that's when the alums started thinking that our assessment that the rivalry was dead might be totally incorrect.

I went to Allen Fieldhouse tonight to get a look at the camping. 113 groups of students all in line to get a spot in the lucrative student section for #Mizzou-KU.

Camping isn’t new, but this one is different.

Big thanks to @AlexVoelker1 for letting me in.https://t.co/i9ndB1qGoc pic.twitter.com/D5AeLlZsaF

— Anthony Kristensen (@AMFKristensen) December 11, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:46 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Arkansas hasn't played you all since the 1800's . . . . . . literally. (Sorry, 1905 & 1906. Close enough)

And I'll just leave this here:

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/...-theres-been-/

A little later, Self was asked the very same thing, but that question, perhaps indicative of the fact that many believe it’s Kansas that has the final say in whether this rival will continue, came just less than a minute into his postgame press conference.

“That’s what fans want to know, but we’re gonna do what’s best for us,” Self said. “We’re not interested in doing what’s best for Missouri or best for Missouri fans. But if it’s best for us to play ’em, we will. It’s not a complicated deal.

“I’m not gonna say never, but I don’t think there’s been any change in our position. I’m the spokesman, I guess, on this, but, trust me, I’m not the only one that feels that way. There was a very large contingent of KU people that wasn’t happy that we were doing this initially until they realized it was for a good cause. ... Kudos to both administrations and the fans for doing something that was pretty special.”

Kansas just gets pissy when they don't have the final say so and can't be in control . . . . . . . . spoiled little bitch brats, like their coach.

Crazy how a coach would say Kansas will do what's best for Kansas regarding a school that left the conference*. :-)

(*and was clearly doing what's best for themselves, if the irony wasn't drippy enough)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:50 PM 12-09-2022
Crazy how a coach would say Kansas will do what's best for Kansas regarding a school that left the conference*. :-)

(*and was clearly doing what's best for themselves, if the irony wasn't drippy enough)

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:01 PM 12-09-2022

So it’s okay for Kansas to do what is best for Kansas when they have the final say, but when the shoe is on the other foot . . . . . . . . . . ?

Cognitive dissonance is a real thing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:04 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So it’s okay for Kansas to do what is best for Kansas when they have the final say, but when the shoe is on the other foot . . . . . . . . . . ?

Cognitive dissonance is a real thing.
I've never said otherwise. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up