ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 45
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:39 PM 12-10-2022
This should be winnable for Mizzou if they bring a 20 assist energy like they have been and Bill gets shaky and uneven defense from his rotations AND if Dick gets shaky on offense (at the moment, he has to be hitting 3’s to justify his inconsistent defense).

Of course, if Dick starts out hot and rains 3’s, we have the talent to run away like last year, but my gut is telling me this will be close.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:40 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Who is elf

Want to make sexy time
Home Alone.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:41 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This should be winnable for Mizzou if they bring a 20 assist energy like they have been and Bill gets shaky and uneven defense from his rotations AND if Dick gets shaky on offense (at the moment, he has to be hitting 3’s to justify his inconsistent defense).

Of course, if Dick starts out hot and rains 3’s, we have the talent to run away like last year, but my gut is telling me this will be close.
Unfortunately KU always plays great defense against Mizzou. I HATE Bill Self.
[Reply]
Trevo_410 03:44 PM 12-10-2022
kU probably gonna win by 10+ but i dont care. Im not expecting this team to beat ranked teams right off teh rip after what the program has been the last 10 years. Just another game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:45 PM 12-10-2022

This is the one. https://t.co/9AUAEjUZe1

— CJ Moore (@CJMooreHoops) December 10, 2022

Look at these clowns.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:46 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not trending up? Sure, sure. That’s why there was talk of their second year coach getting poached a month into the season. It’s because they were just playing like KU of old.

Yes, KU piled up some losses in the second half of the year. That’s what happens when your QB goes down and your second half schedule is full of talented teams. Yet they made every game interesting minus Texas.

Is Missouri’s beatdown by a weaker version of K-State more impressive because it happened early in the year?

Maybe you expected KU to transform from worst P5 program to top 10 nationally in one season? :-)
Mizzou won 4 of their last 6. KU lost 5 of their last 6. One program was trending up towards the end of the season, it wasn’t KU.

I don’t expect KU to ‘transform’ into anything. I expect them to continue to be one of the worst Power 5 programs in America, year to year. KU is a basketball school. They don’t care about football. The fanbase doesn’t care about football. That is one of the main reasons why they will stay mired in suckitude evermore.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:47 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sir Missouri beat SEMO by five.

SEMO.

SEMO!
Also beat Wichita on the road. They're at least decent and that means KU will have to play very well to win a road game against them. We haven't seen that kind of high level out of this year's team yet.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:49 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Unfortunately KU always plays great defense against Mizzou. I HATE Bill Self.
It could very well play out that way, but Bill is clearly trying to find his footing after losing his two-way long wingspan guards on his backcourt from last year. Add in the lack of a true “big” (a stalwart on Self rosters) and it’s clear that while he has an incredible amount of talent, finding a balance in his rotations that allows Dick to do his thing offensively while finding reliable guys on defense has been a struggle. I’d say since his teams since the Mason-Graham era (outside of 2020 - the lost title year) have tended to struggle defensively early before he finds rotations he likes at the beginning of conference season. He then rides those rotations until they have the typical Self defensive dominance and consistency from the tourney. The funny thing about last year was seeing all the commentators lavish so much praise on our D in the tourney (deservedly), because at this point last year they looked like the most least athletic and soft defenses Self had ever had. They certainly rose the occasion as the season went on, though.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:50 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Mizzou won 4 of their last 6. KU lost 5 of their last 6. One program was trending up towards the end of the season, it wasn’t KU.

I don’t expect KU to ‘transform’ into anything. I expect them to continue to be one of the worst Power 5 programs in America, year to year. KU is a basketball school. They don’t care about football. The fanbase doesn’t care about football. That is one of the main reasons why they will stay mired in suckitude evermore.
Yeah, don't care about football that's why we sold out our tickets for the bowl game and had to ask for more. Next time when you don't know what you're talking about it's less embarrassing to just keep your mouth shut
[Reply]
TLO 03:50 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Look at these clowns.
Oh God
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:51 PM 12-10-2022
Going to destroy mu today
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:51 PM 12-10-2022

Look at these clowns.
Just a reminder that this MU season from this video ended after this a few weeks later with a collapse on the road at AFH to lose the conference and a loss to #15 seed Norfolk St. (in what, at the time, was the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history). They haven't been nationally relevant since.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:51 PM 12-10-2022
This will be my first full MU hoops game this season, they didn’t show most of the games on tv so far.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:52 PM 12-10-2022
Just a reminder that this MU season from this video ended after this a few week later with a collapse on the road at AFH to lose the conference and a loss to #15 seed Norfolk St. (in what, at the time, was the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history). They haven't been nationally relevant since.
The sports Gods hate Mizzou.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:53 PM 12-10-2022

Look at these clowns.
Still hilarious the best team they've ever had lost to Norfolk state
[Reply]
Page 14 of 45
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up