ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 10-31-2021
They aren’t trading a player for player

Maybe send a pick for ogbah or Ingram

Or both
[Reply]
Phoneix 07:15 PM 10-31-2021
Saw this today :-)

Originally Posted by :
Allen Robinson to the Chiefs for a second-round pick

The signing of Josh Gordon indicated what we’ve all realized about the Chiefs, that without a sound running game they must upgrade their passing weapon set to the point where it can strangle any secondary. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce simply cannot handle that kind of workload anymore. Robinson would provide Patrick Mahomes with a high-volume, reliable possession receiver who has the broken play dexterity to thrive alongside Mahomes. Robinson could pull the Chiefs’ offense out of its rut and ease the burden currently placed on their offensive line.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/29/tr...ellers-targets
[Reply]
BossChief 07:26 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:

He’s on a 1m per game guaranteed FT deal. We don’t have the cap space to make that move.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:06 PM 10-31-2021

Andy may have him ready to hit the field, after learning the playbook by week 1 next year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:33 PM 10-31-2021
Would we be able to have Robinson and Hill who I assume will be the highest paid WR in the league?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:00 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would we be able to have Robinson and Hill who I assume will be the highest paid WR in the league?
It could be very dangerous. Tyreek needs an extension this offseason to lower his 21m cap number and you can’t really use all offseason resources on 2 WRs. Tyreek will get the largest contract in history for a WR. You don’t want teammates at the same position competing for resources.

It’s fun to think about, though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 PM 10-31-2021
If we wanted Robinson….we should have signed him instead of Watkins.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:24 PM 10-31-2021
If we could make a straight up trade of Tyrann for Robinson, I’d be ok with it. That might actually make sense for the cap, too.
[Reply]
Phoneix 09:39 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we could make a straight up trade of Tyrann for Robinson, I’d be ok with it. That might actually make sense for the cap, too.
And put who are safety? Thornhill ans Sorensen? Nah fam I’m good
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:01 PM 10-31-2021
yeah because the defense has been stellar
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:14 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
yeah because the defense has been stellar
Er Jones, Clark, Ward and Gay have only played three games out of seven and have only all been "healthy" for one game which was last week. The defense has been bad yes but injuries has been a huge factor clearly...they've not been able to get in game shape and now Hitchens is also out.

With all that in mind they have an opportunity to get much better if they can string games together and stay healthy. Dealing Tyrann now would be utterly counter-productive at this point because we'd be back to relying on a clear liability (Dan) again. The WR draft and free agency in 2022 is bananas and we'd be much better off waiting for that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:40 PM 10-31-2021
An offense with Robinson-Hill-Kelce would not matter who the starting safety is. It doesnt matter who the starting safety is at the moment anyway with our defense being historically bad
[Reply]
Phoneix 11:15 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
An offense with Robinson-Hill-Kelce would not matter who the starting safety is. It doesnt matter who the starting safety is at the moment anyway with our defense being historically bad
The defense is bad at the moment. Trading away tyrann is asking for it to be historically bad. There is a difference.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:24 AM 11-01-2021
Allen Robinson is NOT coming to the Chiefs before Tuesday. More FA word salad that we see every year at this time. (Writers got to eat too.) Trade away your 2nd round pick for a 28 year old receiver on a $17.8M dollar 1 yr contract? And then overpay next year to keep him. Nope.

For salary cap harmony and sustained success, the Chiefs need to stop trading away draft picks for overpaid vets. Chiefs are going to have a lot of holes to fill next year. As it stands they have no 5th rounders and two 7th rounders. If anything, the Chiefs should be stocking up on draft picks as prudently as possible.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:54 AM 11-01-2021
The guy we should be all over is Charles Harris from the Lions. A 26 years old, 6'3, 252 pounds DE who has four sacks already for them and looks decent against the run too. Another bonus is HE'S FROM KANSAS CITY!!...so there's a fair chance he's a fan just like us. He was a 1st round pick for Miami in 2017 but hasn't really produced until this year. He's only on a one year deal worth 1.7m aswell so everything makes sense cap wise and with him coming home I'd bet he'd be happy to stay longterm on a modest deal if everything went well.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up