ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM 05-22-2023
Friday June 30, 1 PM.

Can't wait!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:37 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
pretty much every review says it's better than crystal
Buddy... that is such a low fucking bar to hurdle. Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties is a better movie than Crystal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:49 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Not surprising. Indy is getting the "Luke Skywalker Treatment", and there is a Mary Sue waiting in the wings to replace the sad, broken-down old guy.
Are you fucking serious? If they went back to that formula AGAIN after how fucking shit The Last Jedi was they're deliberately trying to destroy the IP.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:05 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Are you ****ing serious? If they went back to that formula AGAIN after how ****ing shit The Last Jedi was they're deliberately trying to destroy the IP.
I'm judging by the review posted above, but it has the makings of a total train wreck.

I think those assholes actually believe their way of writing and making movies is fine, and that audiences are the real problem.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:34 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm judging by the review posted above, but it has the makings of a total train wreck.

I think those assholes actually believe their way of writing and making movies is fine, and that audiences are the real problem.
It seems like they just don't get it. I still say the Hans Solo movie would have done awesome at the theaters had they not put out that shit show movie prior to it. Everyone basically said **** anything Star Wars at that point.

I thought the Hans Solo movie was actually pretty good and followed what a Star Wars movie should have been all along.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:41 PM 05-22-2023
score is on point

https://jwfan.com/?p=14814&fbclid=Iw...ELFT8evQmPPtmg

Comments on the score (from film reviews)

Originally Posted by :
“Just hearing John Williams’ score, yet another variant on the heroics and theatrics of the original, makes anyone of a certain age feel that everything is momentarily right with the world.” (Deadline)

“Composer John Williams’ familiar-sounding but comforting score only helps to make this nostalgic film feel right at home with the others in the franchise”.(Next Big Picture)

“John Williams is nearly as pivotal to the franchise as Harrison Ford and contributes another rambunctious, busy score. There are several new melodies alongside returning favorites and the music has been mixed in at an appreciable level of volume so that it is not drowned by the sound effects.” (ScreenAnarchy)

“A returning John Williams remains a saving grace, providing grand musical motifs and familiar tunes at just the right moments.” (IGN)

“This is all set to what is said to be John Williams’ final score before retirement, which frankly stands as one of the most elating scores of his late career.” (Discussing Film)

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:43 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It seems like they just don't get it. I still say the Hans Solo movie would have done awesome at the theaters had they not put out that shit show movie prior to it. Everyone basically said **** anything Star Wars at that point.

I thought the Hans Solo movie was actually pretty good and followed what a Star Wars movie should have been all along.
The lesson should be that you can't make a successful Han Solo movie without a young Harrison Ford. I'd rather see a 100% CGI 30-year-old Ford than some kid who looks nothing like him...or the shriveling 80-year-old he actually is.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:19 PM 05-22-2023

They do get it. They just don't care. They want to push their agendas.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Clay is very naive when it comes to Disney butchering IPs.
I loved that scene, personally. It doesn't remotely make the film "unwatchable." You're talking like it was Attack of the Clones bad, and even that was watchable.
I mean, credit to Clay, the guy's as loyal as a labrador retreiver.

"You kicked me in the face???! Oh well, I probably deserved it. Do it again!"

{wags tail}

When he decides he loves any part of a thing, he loves the whole of it. And with every fiber of his being.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 05-22-2023

Solo took such a bad beat.

That was a genuinely enjoyable movie that just got caught up in the shitshow of Kathleen Kennedy.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:40 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean, credit to Clay, the guy's as loyal as a labrador retreiver.

"You kicked me in the face???! Oh well, I probably deserved it. Do it again!"

{wags tail}

When he decides he loves any part of a thing, he loves the whole of it. And with every fiber of his being.
Clay right now with the Indy movie.
[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:07 PM 05-22-2023
I want the Indy movie to be good, but I have very low expectations.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:24 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I want the Indy movie to be good, but I have very low expectations.
That's where I am. Clay's enthusiasm is infectious, but I've been burned...ALOT...

...I'm taking an awful risk Clayder...this had better work...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 05-22-2023
It's James Mangold. He doesn't miss.

PERIOD.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:19 PM 05-22-2023
It's James Mangold. He doesn't miss.

PERIOD.

Depends on how you're defining "miss", I guess.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up