ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sports center’s Scott Van Pelt show after the game had Tim Hassleback to do a defensive film review. He called out the defense not for their play but for their lackadaisical effort. Said it was embarrassing. Said That it was an ugly, really ugly defense to watch.

Said if your going to call out the effort of a team, you’d better back it up with tape. He had the tape. Players giving up on plays. The luck TD run for 20+ yards was horrible. Players standing around. Ugly, really ugly defense.

Sneed had a chance to light up Luck before he crossed the goal line legally but passed it up. Almost skipped out of Lucks way. Showed players turning down contact during the game.

This was very surprising because Andy is as good as football coach who was ever existed but when you see this effort on the film, you have to question the maturity of the team, don’t they know what’s at stake?

No YouTube yet but I’m sure it’ll be posted soon.
It's over. Lesson learned.

We got two pretty good wakeup calls the last two weeks.

One for coaching, one for effort.

They will be whipped into shape for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Bump 01:05 AM 01-09-2022
Most points allowed, Weeks 1-5
1. CHIEFS - 163
2. Washington - 155
3. Dolphins - 154

Fewest points allowed since Week 6
1. CHIEFS - 87
2. Patriots - 98 (7 games)
3. Seahawks - 100
10. Dolphins - 125 (7 games)
12. Washington - 127
quite the 180, impressive
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:09 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
quite the 180, impressive
That is impressive until you realize the last two weeks = 58.

What happened?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:19 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's over. Lesson learned.

We got two pretty good wakeup calls the last two weeks.

One for coaching, one for effort.

They will be whipped into shape for the playoffs.
I'm tolerant of the defense not giving 100% in this game. I'm a realist. It's a physical game. Every player has something that hurts by now. Performing at 100% and maximum effort for 17 games and hopefully another 4 games is too high of a bar to hold these players.

I hope they turn their attitude around by Sunday. I'm confident they will but, t is embarrassing as a fan to see your team called out on national TV for a lack of effort.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:26 AM 01-09-2022
Seemed like the coaches told the players to "not get hurt". That's how they played: minimal effort, avoid injury, just enough to win.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 09:48 AM 01-09-2022
I’d dump Spags for Fangio in a heartbeat!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:51 AM 01-09-2022
Here's the clip. The calling out of the defensive effort starts at about the 5:20 mark

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:00 AM 01-09-2022
Playing Hill sparingly, Williams sidelined, Kelsssss limping. Because of turf makes sense
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:32 AM 01-09-2022
Sports center’s Scott Van Pelt show after the game had Tim Hassleback to do a defensive film review. He called out the defense not for their play but for their lackadaisical effort. Said it was embarrassing. Said That it was an ugly, really ugly defense to watch.

Said if your going to call out the effort of a team, you’d better back it up with tape. He had the tape. Players giving up on plays. The luck TD run for 20+ yards was horrible. Players standing around. Ugly, really ugly defense.

Sneed had a chance to light up Luck before he crossed the goal line legally but passed it up. Almost skipped out of Lucks way. Showed players turning down contact during the game.

This was very surprising because Andy is as good as football coach who was ever existed but when you see this effort on the film, you have to question the maturity of the team, don’t they know what’s at stake?

You're the wrong kind of fan and a traitor. I hate you with all my heart and I hate that you get to enjoy Chiefs games, . . . welcome to Chiefsplanet, the premiere site for Chief fan discussions. . . . :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:07 AM 01-09-2022
We're starting to see some 'mailing it in' from the boys up front again. They came out hot against Cinci but then went on cruise control. Not Ingram, he's a dawg, but Clark especially. Jones runs a little hot and cold too, just never as cold as Clark does.

Hopefully we get play-off Frank Clark and not this version moving forward.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 11:21 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We're starting to see some 'mailing it in' from the boys up front again. They came out hot against Cinci but then went on cruise control. Not Ingram, he's a dawg, but Clark especially. Jones runs a little hot and cold too, just never as cold as Clark does.

Hopefully we get play-off Frank Clark and not this version moving forward.
Plus Spags sending Sorenson sprinting back to cover deep at the snap is concerning.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:45 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Plus Spags sending Sorenson sprinting back to cover deep at the snap is concerning.
I have no idea why Spags continues to play Sorenson at all, especially in deep coverage. How many fails are enough to make a change?
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:48 AM 01-09-2022

Who is "Luck"?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:12 PM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Who is "Luck"?
He's talking about the game against the Broncos, and he likely misspoke. . .

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:17 PM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He's talking about the game against the Broncos, and he likely misspoke. . .

You don't say!

[Reply]
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Up