Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman is a liability
treeguy27 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Two almost fumbles
Dropped first down to kill a drive
Muffed punt
Poor decision on another punt

He actually made a critical catch to get a first down.... then almost gave it all up with a un-sportsman like penalty. Dude is making way more negative plays than positive plays.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:11 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Mecole Hardman was talented as well. The guy just had an insane combine. The man is athletic as hell. He's just not a very good football player.
Yes, well we are drafting good football players moving forward.

Veach had a very nice draft in 2021. Humphrey and Trey were home runs.

Bolton a solid, cheap Hitchens replacement.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:12 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Special teams and gadget player.
Honestly, I don't mind having that as long as he gets paid to be that. But that means we have to start limiting his WR reps. And put him back at KR. I like him better there since he's less likely to make bone headed decisions when receiving the ball.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:13 AM 11-15-2021
The issue is that there were so many talented WR's still on the board.

DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson.

All of these guys would be killing it as the #2 here.

I do think KC learned something because they have made route running more of a priority. If we take a WR high again I don't think we get a guy that can't run routes again.
I doubt Hardman would have been the pick if Reek wasn't going through uncertainties.
I blame the Mecole pick on the KC media for shitposting Tyreeks personal life.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:14 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Honestly, I don't mind having that as long as he gets paid to be that. But that means we have to start limiting his WR reps. And put him back at KR. I like him better there since he's less likely to make bone headed decisions when receiving the ball.
I just dont like him anywhere right now.

Can anyone say they feel comfortable with Mecole Hardman both receiving the punt/kick and then running with the ball?
[Reply]
jd1020 11:16 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I doubt Hardman would have been the pick if Reek wasn't going through uncertainties.
I dont think his selection had anything to do with Tyreek. He fit the mold of combine warrior that the Chiefs were selecting.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:16 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Yep, along with Hammy Watkins' inability to remain healthy.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:35 AM 11-15-2021
The issue is that there were so many talented WR's still on the board.

DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson.

All of these guys would be killing it as the #2 here.

I do think KC learned something because they have made route running more of a priority. If we take a WR high again I don't think we get a guy that can't run routes again.

Yea because all of those guys were evaluated as can't miss talents.

The way you guys talk, if I didn't know any better I would think Hardman was a top ten pick.
I still dont think this team is having him do what he does best. With his speed and his ability to RAC the coaching staff and Pat should be finding him ways to get the ball. If he can't catch bubbles screens or run short simple routes he should just be cut.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:56 AM 11-15-2021
Another Sunday, another big play for Hardman. The dude is a solid player, albeit not a "#2" and he makes plays for us every week.

Haters gonna hate.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Can anyone say they feel comfortable with Mecole Hardman both receiving the punt/kick and then running with the ball?
Yes. Very comfortable. All he's ever done is make plays there. Much more comfortable than Hughes that's for sure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Another Sunday, another big play for Hardman. The dude is a solid player, albeit not a "#2" and he makes plays for us every week.

Haters gonna hate.
He’s at best a #3 WR….probably more a #4.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:01 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s at best a #3 WR….probably more a #4.
Label him however. The man gets yards in chunks. Put some 'spect on his name.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:10 PM 11-15-2021
Nah every player on the roster is supposed to be pro bowl caliber
[Reply]
Bowser 12:56 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Label him however. The man gets yards in chunks. Put some 'spect on his name.
I'd have a lot more of that to give him if he would have lowered his shoulder and bulled his way into the endzone like he should have.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:24 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Nah every player on the roster is supposed to be pro bowl caliber
Nobody said that.

There's nothing wrong with expecting our starting players to be starting caliber. Hardman is our starting #2 wide receiver, when he should be nothing more than a #4 gadget player. He should play special teams, catch screens, and run speed sweeps. Occasionally catch a fly route when the defense forgets about him while they are focusing on Hill/Kelce.

We don't have a #2 or #3 wide receiver right now. A significant part of the problem with our offense. If we had legit #2/#3 wrs we could catch passes underneath the deep cover 2 with consistency and force defenses out of the scheme. Instead, we have to dink/dunk our way out of it. Hell, if we had better receivers, teams wouldn't even attempt a Cover 2 with Mahomes at QB. We would flood the short zones and destroy them if they tried.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:26 PM 11-15-2021
Hardman isn't our #2 receiver. He just lost his job.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up