Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman is a liability
treeguy27 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Two almost fumbles
Dropped first down to kill a drive
Muffed punt
Poor decision on another punt

He actually made a critical catch to get a first down.... then almost gave it all up with a un-sportsman like penalty. Dude is making way more negative plays than positive plays.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:11 AM 11-08-2021
There are a handful of players I actively hate on this team and Hardman is one of them, even though he is useful at times.

He can't run routes or get separation despite his insane speed, drops too many passes, muffs too many punts and fumbles too many times on RAC.

Send him on a jet sweep or reverse and instruct him to go out of bounds or fall to the ground before contact, otherwise he is pretty much useless.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:23 AM 11-08-2021
I'm ok with replacing Hardman, but with who? He's 1 of 2 speed options we have at WR. We only have two guys (Kelce and Hill) that can consistently get open when they aren't double teamed. At least Mecole can break it if he gets into space. Our other options just stink.

I was banging this drum right after the last SB, but we desperately need more toys for Pat. With our meh OT's, lack of game breaking speed in the backfield, along with a stable of JAG WR's, it's no wonder we were struggling with turnovers and execution. Veach needs to get his shit together in the offseason and find some legit weapons for Pat.
[Reply]
493rd 08:24 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
At the time they were trying to draft a Tyreek Hill-replacement when the KC media was trying to end Tyreek’s career.
Veach panicked and his hand was forced. Can you imagine if Tyreek had been released by KC and 17 was his replacement? Yikes.
[Reply]
493rd 08:26 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There are a handful of players I actively hate on this team and Hardman is one of them, even though he is useful at times.

He can't run routes or get separation despite his insane speed, drops too many passes, muffs too many punts and fumbles too many times on RAC.

Send him on a jet sweep or reverse and instruct him to go out of bounds or fall to the ground before contact, otherwise he is pretty much useless.
Lol, yes Hardman is definitely one of them. He hasn’t developed like they were hoping which is why they picked up Gordon. This offense isn’t likely to change until we get a legit #2 WR who can get separation.
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Veach panicked and his hand was forced. Can you imagine if Tyreek had been released by KC and 17 was his replacement? Yikes.
You said it. But yes, I can imagine because every time CEH touches the ball, I go back and think about Kareem Hunt. Sorry, I had to go there. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:26 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
You said it. But yes, I can imagine because every time CEH touches the ball, I go back and think about Kareem Hunt. Sorry, I had to go there. :-)
I actually think that situation is why they DIDN'T cut Reek immediately, but thankfully waited it out and guessed right. Plus, I think they knew Reek and trusted him more than they did Hunt.

Eh. Water under the bridge. I wanted Hardman to be a deadly 1-2 punch, but he's JAG. Too bad, he's fast as hell and should be a better player than he is. I think when the Chiefs get around to cutting him, he'll get on a roster and completely disappear. At least he got him a ring...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I actually think that situation is why they DIDN'T cut Reek immediately, but thankfully waited it out and guessed right. Plus, I think they knew Reek and trusted him more than they did Hunt.

Eh. Water under the bridge. I wanted Hardman to be a deadly 1-2 punch, but he's JAG. Too bad, he's fast as hell and should be a better player than he is. I think when the Chiefs get around to cutting him, he'll get on a roster and completely disappear. At least he got him a ring...
He'll bounce around for a few years in the same way Marquis Goodwin has. Ted Ginn Jr. played until he was 35 and he never really did become anything more than Hardman is now. He was even prone to fumbling.

If he keeps that 4.3ish speed, teams will keep offering him low-risk flyers and he'll kick around the league for awhile.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Sammy's best year with the Chiefs with a real quarterback is 52 receptions 673 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Mecole is on pace to have 76 receptions and 744 yards and probably a few more touchdowns from big plays that will just happen out of no where. That beats Sammys best season with the Chiefs.

We didn't lose anything with Sammy production compared to Mecole Hardman.

I'd say Sammy was a better blocker down field but we don't miss Sammy for his one or two first downs a game Hardman gives us that at least.
We lost a 'style' of WR.

How many of Hardmans 'catches' are on those little pop pass/run plays? What we need is a physical zone-breaker who can pull the safeties down. A guy who can get open at 12-15 yards without plays needing to be specifically schemed up to put him in space.

Hardman's not that guy. Watkins was when he was healthy.

I still don't quite understand why Pringle can't be that guy. But Mahomes just doesn't look his way. Then again, Mahomes isn't really looking many people's way right now. He makes a single read and then either unloads or freaks out.

He's in rough shape at the moment so it's hard to know if Pringle's actually performing out there and Mahomes just isn't getting to his 3rd look often enough for it to matter.

Pringle really should be the X though. He's the one guy we have with the strength/athleticism to do that job well in the manner we need to see it done.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:09 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
I can imagine quite a bit. For instance, I can imagine D.K. Metcalf being his replacement.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:10 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The answer wasn’t to keep Brokedick Sammy… how soon people forget how he refused to play through a minor injury during the playoffs and then was a total no show in the Super Bowl.

Also the answer wasn’t to stay status quo with the deadweight garbage at WR after Tyreek.

Veach needed to address the WR position last offseason more than just drafting Powell and signing Fountain (two practice squad caliber players at best).
Pringle was supposed to step up. He's clearly too distracted from all his Pringles endorsements to concentrate on football.
[Reply]
notorious 10:13 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Pringle was supposed to step up. He's clearly too distracted from all his Pringles endorsements to concentrate on football.
Pringle was set up to block a DE one-on-one during a 4th down run attempt.

My controller survived simply because I laughed instead of fumed.
[Reply]
threebag 10:16 AM 11-08-2021
he's right up there with Sorenson, Niemann and Edwards-Helaire for Lame Dick Status.
[Reply]
scho63 11:14 AM 11-08-2021
Hardman has caught a case of the DRobs.......an it's not good!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:37 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Remember the coaches talking up his "maturity" in training camp.

Where's that been?

Training camp hype is overblown.

I remember most on here thought Chris Jones would win DPOY from the DE position. Yeah that worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:38 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is really his only use. Use him in this role or as a decoy in said role. Have him try to get as many yards as possible and then immediately go out of bounds. Too likely to fumble if he's tackled.

He’s always been a gadget player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up