ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:28 AM 12-31-2022
Movie is not good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:28 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Movie is not good.
it's an amazing experience that has to be seen in a theater

cameron harps on the fact that people are not going to movie theaters anymore and instead like to sit at home streaming shit

that is offensive to an artist like cameron, who's movies are MADE to be seen on the big screen

this had to be seen in a theater to be appreciated
[Reply]
Holladay 12:13 PM 12-31-2022
I understand your take, but in front of my 75" flat screen in the basement with a decent/good 5.1 Pinnacle speakers with a wet bar and a toilet beats $20 for popcorn and a coke in most cases.

Gone is your grandpas' 19" tube TV.

Combine all of the above and

Originally Posted by :
Movie is not good.
You can put only so much lipstick on a pig.

Just my opinion though.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 12:30 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I understand your take, but in front of my 75" flat screen in the basement with a decent/good 5.1 Pinnacle speakers with a wet bar and a toilet beats $20 for popcorn and a coke in most cases.

Gone is your grandpas' 19" tube TV.

Combine all of the above and

You can put only so much lipstick on a pig.

Just my opinion though.
It doesn’t compare to a 100+ft imax theater with no distractions.

And I’m not a big theater guy. The Batman is the only other movie I’ve watched in theaters since the start of Covid. And I’m about to see Avatar for a second time. I probably watched the original Avatar in one sitting at home the same amount as I did in theaters which is twice.

This isn’t about the story in Avatar 2 or whatever, it’s about the viewing. And if you have any desire to see the movie, IMO it must be done in theaters. And IMAX if possible
[Reply]
007 12:56 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
It doesn’t compare to a 100+ft imax theater with no distractions.

And I’m not a big theater guy. The Batman is the only other movie I’ve watched in theaters since the start of Covid. And I’m about to see Avatar for a second time. I probably watched the original Avatar in one sitting at home the same amount as I did in theaters which is twice.

This isn’t about the story in Avatar 2 or whatever, it’s about the viewing. And if you have any desire to see the movie, IMO it must be done in theaters. And IMAX if possible

Eh. I'm sick of movie theater pricing. Movies are better on the big screen but I'd rather watch them in the comfort of my own home. I don't have much disposable income these days so some things had to be sacrificed.

Cameron can go fuck himself complaining about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:06 PM 12-31-2022
by the way, i paid 8 bucks for matinee

come on man
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:36 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's an amazing experience that has to be seen in a theater

cameron harps on the fact that people are not going to movie theaters anymore and instead like to sit at home streaming shit

that is offensive to an artist like cameron, who's movies are MADE to be seen on the big screen

this had to be seen in a theater to be appreciated

Hollywood turned people off of movie going. You'll have to excuse me if I don't weep for Hollywood now that the bill for that has come due because people have enough quality equipment at home to make going to the theater only a modest upgrade, at most.
[Reply]
007 02:35 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
by the way, i paid 8 bucks for matinee

come on man

Kansas city has better options than Topeka. We don't have early morning matinees and we only have two theaters. One sucks. The other has inflated prices.

Our matinee prices are almost $14. I can own the movie for a few dollars more and watch it as much as I want.
[Reply]
Miles 05:03 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I thought the 3D stuff was far and away the best part of the original; that really put it over the top. Otherwise it was just the same old CGI stuff that even back then had become fairly commonplace.
Same here and was even better this time around on a modern laser projector. These were both clearly made with the intent to be seen in 3D on a giant screen. I have little interest in watching either again at home and I have a pretty good setup.

Following the first Avater, the studios used 3D as an effects add on to try to justify a premium on ticket prices and mostly resulted in a worse moviegoing experience. It either added little to no depth or just had a worse picture like Clay is complaining about.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:33 PM 12-31-2022
I paid $19. Its a 3 hr movie. Thats cheap entertainment. In fact, thats the cheapest possible entertainment option for a weekend night possible. What else can you do for less than $20?
[Reply]
Miles 06:54 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I paid $19. Its a 3 hr movie. Thats cheap entertainment. In fact, thats the cheapest possible entertainment option for a weekend night possible. What else can you do for less than $20?
Hell that might not even get you 2 decent beers at a restaurant these days. The quality of some of these more modern theaters like AMC Prime or a real IMAX are also a big difference from back in the day when tickets were under $10.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:58 PM 12-31-2022
I will side a bit with 007. In my small town they just upgraded the 1950's seats with 1990's seats. We now have cup holders on both arms! And nicely padded seats!

Movie going is situationally dependent based upon population density and logistics.

I went to a theatre in a large city and it was outstanding. I could even order some food and an adult beverage. I could definitely understand movie viewing under those circumstances.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:15 PM 12-31-2022
So they are really making 5 of these things? I knew they were making 3, but someone told me 5.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:00 PM 12-31-2022
So they are really making 5 of these things? I knew they were making 3, but someone told me 5.
I think a big part of the success of the first one was the experience. No one had seen a 3-D movie of that high a quality before. It wasn't the offset image thing or the stupid colored glasses thing. And it was a perfect amusement park ride experience with a few helpful chemicals of your choice. The color palate and the bizarre world itself.

Is this movie going to be "an experience" like the first?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 PM 12-31-2022
If they keep making $2B+ each time, I don't see why they would ever stop making them.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up