ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 330
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I get that people like Ospreay and that style....I just can't.

The epitome of the same 10 spots in every match, no selling, dangerous dumb shit that doesn't add anything of value outside of getting people to do dumb chants, etc.

I actually think he could be even better than how he's viewed now but he has his style and won't change...
His style is what sets him apart, why would he want to change that?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 03-13-2024
Think a huge problem is Khan just can't put his foot down and dictate what needs to be done. He's content to leave these guys and gals to their own devices and that just isn't going to work. Cody Rhodes is a perfect example. He's currently the biggest star in the entire industry, hell, people outright rejected The Rock in favor of him, and Rhodes had all but eradicated his good will with the AEW fanbase with his laughably convoluted storylines and over the top bullshit. He was on the verge of outright go away heat when he left.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:40 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His style is what sets him apart, why would he want to change that?
I mean...is it?

He works the same "super indy" style that so many guys work now just crisper and faster, I will say that.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:41 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Think a huge problem is Khan just can't put his foot down and dictate what needs to be done. He's content to leave these guys and gals to their own devices and that just isn't going to work. Cody Rhodes is a perfect example. He's currently the biggest star in the entire industry, hell, people outright rejected The Rock in favor of him, and Rhodes had all but eradicated his good will with the AEW fanbase with his laughably convoluted storylines and over the top bullshit. He was on the verge of outright go away heat when he left.
Cody Rhodes to be really honest kinda didn't fit in AEW all that well. Dude did an angle to say he ended racism at one point.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:42 AM 03-13-2024
Cody Rhodes to be really honest kinda didn't fit in AEW all that well. Dude did an angle to say he ended racism at one point.
Holy shit...I had forgot about that LOL.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 03-13-2024
I mean...is it?

He works the same "super indy" style that so many guys work now just crisper and faster, I will say that.
I watched people throw a bitch fit he doesn't know how to sell because his PPV match had a fighting spirit spot, it's like you know WWE isn't the only style that exists right?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:42 AM 03-13-2024
I mean...is it?

Give me Gunther or Regal style over Young Bucks style.

Heck, I enjoyed Lucha Underground a lot and it was less indyriffic than AEW.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 03-13-2024
Regardless, the point is he needed just a bit of fine tuning and he's the top face in the whole industry, and has been there for over a year and is currently hotter than ever even with the booking at Wrestlemania 39 that should've killed his momentum.

Most of these guys need a filter, desperately.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:48 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe it's just me but wrestling has become 50% super kicks.
If not idiots standing outside waiting to catch flippity midget or 4x kicking out of a finisher???? On some random ass Dynamite.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:51 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Regardless, the point is he needed just a bit of fine tuning and he's the top face in the whole industry, and has been there for over a year and is currently hotter than ever even with the booking at Wrestlemania 39 that should've killed his momentum.

Most of these guys need a filter, desperately.
The companies are completely different, like I said before WWE does nothing for me at all. But if other people like it, that's fine. Like I watched a show the other day, I just...don't get it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If not idiots standing outside waiting to catch flippity midget or 4x kicking out of a finisher???? On some random ass Dynamite.
This is kinda what I was talking about, there are a bunch of different ways to sell, or work matches etc etc.

The WWE way is not the only way and I think a ton of fans think that it is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:59 AM 03-13-2024
I don't know why you keep hyper fixating on comparing the two. Some AEW matches are completely nonsensical due to the extreme amount of those things. Has fuck all to do with 'the WWE way'.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:26 AM 03-13-2024
This is kinda what I was talking about, there are a bunch of different ways to sell, or work matches etc etc.

The WWE way is not the only way and I think a ton of fans think that it is.
That's kind of the thing. AEW really shouldn't have just one style and you can do technical wrestling without working WWE style.

Collision had the right idea as a total contrast early on and it quickly fell apart.
[Reply]
TLO 11:34 AM 03-13-2024
AEW is a trash product. Doesn't matter how much money they throw around to sign guys.
[Reply]
TLO 11:35 AM 03-13-2024
I get that people like Ospreay and that style....I just can't.

The epitome of the same 10 spots in every match, no selling, dangerous dumb shit that doesn't add anything of value outside of getting people to do dumb chants, etc.

I actually think he could be even better than how he's viewed now but he has his style and won't change...
8 star match!
[Reply]
Page 309 of 330
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Up