ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 330
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:37 PM 02-29-2024
:-) Who the fuck in WWEs merchandising department just discovered memes are a thing?

BANG! The Rock has a NEW T-Shirt! Head to #WWEShop and get yours today! #WWE

��: https://t.co/D1vOTumHR6 pic.twitter.com/u6eOcLhEqc

— WWEShop.com (@WWEShop) February 29, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:39 PM 02-29-2024
Darkside of the Ring Bash at the Beach is hilarious shit
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 03-02-2024
So we're all in agreement that Rock and Roman are going to win night 1 and night 2 is going to be chaos....right?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:09 PM 03-10-2024
Tony Khan somehow botched what might be his last chance at a legitimate breakout star. Debuts Will Ospreay full time by having him in a nonsensical match against Takeshita and then have him in your main event going competitive against the jobbiest job guy in Kyle Fletcher. 650k viewers. The match dropped 100k viewers. Khan absolutely sucks at promoting wrestling when he can't use being an alternative to WWE as a crutch.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:05 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So we're all in agreement that Rock and Roman are going to win night 1 and night 2 is going to be chaos....right?
Yeah, Roman can't go two nights in a row.

I just want McIntyre to help Cody in the most heel way possible so he can shit post and gloat about it on RAW.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Yeah, Roman can't go two nights in a row.

I just want McIntyre to help Cody in the most heel way possible so he can shit post and gloat about it on RAW.
Well since it's "anything goes"....you could have anyone who was ever screwed over by the Bloodline come out and help Cody.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 03-13-2024
A wrestling magazine in Japan is saying Okada has a 2 year 13.5 million dollar contract and Ospreay said AEW's offer was far better than WWE's.

I'm convinced at this point WWE doesn't negotiate for guys, they make a take it or leave it offer and that's that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:51 AM 03-13-2024
:-) Holy shit, if that's accurate what a waste of money by Khan
[Reply]
Mecca 09:54 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Holy shit, if that's accurate what a waste of money by Khan
Considering what he's worth and the increase in TV money they are about to get, that's pocket change.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 AM 03-13-2024
It's his prerogative if he wants to blow his money like that, and it's great for the wrestlers in the immediate future. Just hope Khan doesn't get bored of all his toys anytime soon or there's going to be real trouble
[Reply]
Mecca 09:58 AM 03-13-2024
It's his prerogative if he wants to blow his money like that, and it's great for the wrestlers in the immediate future. Just hope Khan doesn't get bored of all his toys anytime soon or there's going to be real trouble
I'm not going to remotely argue they have great angles all the time, but their PPV was top notch and I still prefer their style of product to WWE's.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 10:06 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not going to remotely argue they have great angles all the time, but their PPV was top notch and I still prefer their style of product to WWE's.
At least on AEW PPVs you get some actual wrestling time. I don't get all the hate the company gets, they provide a legit alternative to WWE.

If folks don't like that style of wrestling, don't watch. I seldom watch WWE due to the lack of actual in ring action. I still tune in or watch it as I have it recorded but I dont so into every thread on a message board and bash it like I see many people do to AEW.

Tony Khan, needs to hire a booker, he needs to have someone there to stop him from doing stupid stuff for sure. I know they just hired a new writer so we will see if anything changes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:07 AM 03-13-2024
Nothing wrong with that. But by most available metrics (ratings, attendence, etc) you're in the minority. And are we so sure a lucrative TV rights deal is even in the cards? With Fox, Disney, and WBD consolidating all theirs sports packaging into one app in the near future why are we so sure WBD is coming to the table with a huge offer?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:10 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
At least on AEW PPVs you get some actual wrestling time. I don't get all the hate the company gets, they provide a legit alternative to WWE.

If folks don't like that style of wrestling, don't watch. I seldom watch WWE due to the lack of actual in ring action. I still tune in or watch it as I have it recorded but I dont so into every thread on a message board and bash it like I see many people do to AEW.

Tony Khan, needs to hire a booker, he needs to have someone there to stop him from doing stupid stuff for sure. I know they just hired a new writer so we will see if anything changes.
That's the problem, though. I DO like that style of wrestling, and that roster is chock full of incredibly talented people. At the moment, it's being outright wasted by Khan and his abysmal booking week to week.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:10 AM 03-13-2024
Nothing wrong with that. But by most available metrics (ratings, attendence, etc) you're in the minority. And are we so sure a lucrative TV rights deal is even in the cards? With Fox, Disney, and WBD consolidating all theirs sports packaging into one app in the near future why are we so sure WBD is coming to the table with a huge offer?
That's fine, but why do people that like WWE feel the need to want it to die?

Like I don't care that WWE exists, like I watch wrestling for shit like Ospreay and Takeshita did on the PPV, I don't get that in WWE, that's fine.

I was so completely wrong when I thought people wanted a viable alternative to WWE, what a bunch of people wanted was WWE to be 2% better and Vince to go away.

I dunno if it's nostalgia, I dunno if it's stan culture, but this idea that people who are WWE fans want zero alternatives and will spend hours a day bitching and moaning and wanting AEW to literally not exist is incredibly ridiculous behavior.
[Reply]
Page 307 of 330
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317 > Last »
Up