ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 112
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:17 PM 11-15-2021
:-) like Metcalf was this surefire prospect we just didn't take. Dude had red flags all over his draft profile. Poor agility. Nonexistent route tree. Lack of production. Serious neck injury.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
More secondary weapons in Sandbox! Wooooo!
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:21 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) like Metcalf was this surefire prospect we just didn't take. Dude had red flags all over his draft profile. Poor agility. Nonexistent route tree. Lack of production. Serious neck injury.
And 30 other teams passed on him.

I’d rather have McLaurin.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:03 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I will say that Veach’s worst decision IMO was not Speaks. It was Clyde.

Holy shit the talent we passed on for a midget RB that is struggling.

Tee Higgins
Jonathan Taylor
Laviska Shenault
Michael Pittman

Fortunately this years draft has been excellent and some pieces of last years draft have been too
What? Dude, not even fucking close. Speaks was by far the worst pick.

He went 46th overall. We traded UP to 46th, too. Clyde went 32nd. That's only a difference of 14 picks. And Clyde at least as value to the team. Speaks sucked his rookie year, was nonexistent in his 2nd year, and got fucking cut after his 3rd training camp. CEH, barring injury, will be playing until the end of his contract, and he'll probably just be ok.

Disappointing? Yes. Worst draft pick by Veach? I don't think you can just say, "Look who we could have had!!!!" You have to factor in what the goal was in taking him. CEH wasn't risky necessarily, but we were banking on him being the missing piece that would achieve God mode. That's completely understandable. And I'm over the "never take RBs in the first round!" bullshit. It's the 32nd overall pick. It's barely the first round.

Speaks was a tub of goo that we targeted all draft long, and all he ever became was a worthless bust who failed in every measurable way to be a positive contributor when the team really needed him (our shitty Sutton defense). The rationale for the pick was shit, the player was shit, and it was pretty obvious to just about everyone how fucked up of a reach that pick was when it happened.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:40 PM 11-15-2021
He clearly can't draft. I mean, you couldn't get the #2 and #3 guys as well?!? WTF?

Highest-graded #NFL rookies heading into Week 10

1. Creed Humphrey, Chiefs - 90.4
2. Mac Jones, Patriots - 83.0
3. Khalil Herbert, Bears - 82.4
4. Trey Smith, Chiefs - 82.2 pic.twitter.com/6u5VqqpXoJ

— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) November 14, 2021

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:49 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
More secondary weapons in Sandbox! Wooooo!
Can he hold onto the ball? Judging by your last game that's what you need
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:52 PM 11-15-2021
Bork laser is elite.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:46 AM 11-16-2021
One thing consider about Veach is that he is young and learning and not set on any ways like so many other GMs in the league and he thinks outside the box. He is only going get better and fix mistakes and keep making this a championship team.

Keep doubting Bret Veach.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:52 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
One thing consider about Veach is that he is young and learning and not set on any ways like so many other GMs in the league and he thinks outside the box. He is only going get better and fix mistakes and keep making this a championship team.

Keep doubting Bret Veach.
I swear the people who doubt him either forgot or were not fans during the Carl Peterson era or the Pioli era or the pre Carl era.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Can he hold onto the ball? Judging by your last game that's what you need
You go to hell and you die!

!@#$
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:36 AM 11-16-2021
What I like about Veach is that he never stops rolling the dice.

Yeah, some of his moves haven't panned out; but it's not like they were stupid from the start...except maybe Speaks. That was maybe doomed from the start.

but the guy moves on and rolls again and never stops trying to improve the roster.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:46 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He clearly can't draft. I mean, you couldn't get the #2 and #3 guys as well?!? WTF?

Is there a nastier interior OL in the NFL than Thuney-Humphrey-Smith? Nope.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:47 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Metcalf had a limited route tree but he ran 4 routes at an NFL elite level.

Ruggs had 1 elite route.

Metcalf projected to be a #1 NFL WR...and I did say NFL teams would question him going top ten. I thought he was a 1st rounder because you don't wait on guys like that.

McLaurin also should have went earlier. 4.3 speed and ran every route with precision. Bigger TY Hilton.
[Reply]
-King- 09:52 AM 11-16-2021
He's up to 12th or 13th
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Is there a nastier interior OL in the NFL than Thuney-Humphrey-Smith? Nope.
Smith is such a mauler and has a massive nasty streak to him. That guy just cannot be fun to play against at all.

I'm still shocked he fell as far as he did. And that with as far as he fell, he still got drafted.

Either you're confident in the medicals and you trust the talent, or you don't. And if that many teams took him off their board, it's surprising he just didn't go undrafted. He seemed like a guy who should've gone no later than the 3rd or not at all. Even the Chiefs have something to answer for there when they're taking Kaindoh, Gray and Powell ahead of him.

But hey, all's well that ends well...
[Reply]
Page 57 of 112
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up