Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think the Hightowers were well on the way to war with or without that misinterpretation. Her children would have definitely seen to that eventually anyway. The fact that there was such a misinterpretation at least adds to her motivations and makes them a little more understandable (especially given that Alicent clearly knows her son Aegon, the prospective heir, is a monster).
Yeah, I think they're playing it all to show her short lived reconciliation with Rhaenyra. I'm open to being wrong. But it looks to me like Aemond is going to go off the rails at some point either way. The misunderstanding thing seems cheap. But like I said, I'm open to being a moron here.

I wasn't feeling great about Daemon being a COLOSSAL CUNT a fair bit of the time. It seemed fairly annoying. However, when they panned the camera to him in a place that it felt like he should be a cunt, and he was very solemn and contrite, obviously caring for and respecting his suffering brother. Got that hit like a truck. Fantastic. Not a single word of dialogue, but super impactful scene. So yeah, I could be wrong here.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I just dislike the fact that the strong bastards are wimps when their dad clearly was not. Also idk how to spell his name but aemond?? The kid with one eye turned from a 12 year old to a 25 year old man lol. Either way great episode and Daemon is still the best.
I think that was the point. He got the dragon then went from dork to bad ass. They may have went a touch overboard, but that was absolutely intentional IMO.

RE: Strong kids, they're obviously a fair bit younger. I THINK Aegon is supposed to be 19ish and Aemond is supposed to be 16ish. So if the Strong kids are 13 and 10 (I don't know, there are probably some dork videos out there that know how old they are to the day, but whatever that's how I see it) their weakness is probably appropriate.

I hope, as the war gets started at least one of them will become a Billy Badass. I loved Harlan going after Cole. I know it was a scripted fight, but that dude seemed like he had HEAVY ass hands. Gimme some more of that.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:18 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I hope, as the war gets started at least one of them will become a Billy Badass. I loved Harlan going after Cole. I know it was a scripted fight, but that dude seemed like he had HEAVY ass hands. Gimme some more of that.
I can't stand Cole, he seems like a smug prick who got dumped so he figures to be as big an ass as possible.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:19 AM 10-10-2022
Paddy Condisdine should win an Emmy for his role as Viserys. I'm gonna miss that dude.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:25 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Paddy Condisdine should win an Emmy for his role as Viserys. I'm gonna miss that dude.
He really was fantastic in the dinner scene.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:26 AM 10-10-2022
Master Class on how to fucking set a scene........

The King at the Dinner seeing family come together before he left was bitter sweet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I can't stand Cole, he seems like a smug prick who got dumped so he figures to be as big an ass as possible.
Yeah he's a cunt and he was the one that basically dump Rhaenyra, because she wouldn't run off with him.

The biggest cunt award goes to Otto Hightower. I hate that motherfucking weasel and can't stand when it shows him. The guy and his daughter Alicent act so high and mighty, but had been keeping Viserys drugged so they could do whatever they want with the kingdom. Felt awesome when Viserys came into the throne room to interrupt the bullshit.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:26 AM 10-10-2022
He really has fucking killed the role, and is a tragic character.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 AM 10-10-2022
I think Matt Smith is the more impressive performance, strictly because he is almost devoid entirely of dialogue.

Condisdine is really good though, and if he won an Emmy I'd probably stand and cheer. He was really fucking good. I don't know if it was him, or posted sound effects, but they even worked in a death rattle. Impressive.

And I know I keep harping on it, but it is some really impressive writing that early on he didn't know what he was doing, made bad decisions and everybody did whatever the fuck he wanted. Then later, he's grown into a much stronger and infinitely wiser and better leader, and nobody listens to a fucking thing he says. Without beating you over the head with it, it's a goddamned good choice and well executed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:42 AM 10-10-2022
GoT DAMN

“I was so thankful that accident happened ... quite a turning point for a storyline that had started in the pilot: hey, I want your crown and by the end here I’m gonna put the crown back on your head and I’m gonna help you to your throne"https://t.co/UubVwUHOeo

— Culture Crave �� (@CultureCrave) October 10, 2022

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:43 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
GoT DAMN

Did you know he broke is toe in this shot? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 10-10-2022
Felt awesome when Viserys came into the throne room to interrupt the bullshit.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:54 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
GoT DAMN

Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Did you know he broke is toe in this shot? :-)
They ad lipped that? Bravo… Bravo!!!:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:48 AM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I think they're playing it all to show her short lived reconciliation with Rhaenyra. I'm open to being wrong. But it looks to me like Aemond is going to go off the rails at some point either way. The misunderstanding thing seems cheap. But like I said, I'm open to being a moron here.

I wasn't feeling great about Daemon being a COLOSSAL CUNT a fair bit of the time. It seemed fairly annoying. However, when they panned the camera to him in a place that it felt like he should be a cunt, and he was very solemn and contrite, obviously caring for and respecting his suffering brother. Got that hit like a truck. Fantastic. Not a single word of dialogue, but super impactful scene. So yeah, I could be wrong here.

I think that was the point. He got the dragon then went from dork to bad ass. They may have went a touch overboard, but that was absolutely intentional IMO.

RE: Strong kids, they're obviously a fair bit younger. I THINK Aegon is supposed to be 19ish and Aemond is supposed to be 16ish. So if the Strong kids are 13 and 10 (I don't know, there are probably some dork videos out there that know how old they are to the day, but whatever that's how I see it) their weakness is probably appropriate.

The Strong kids have been left behind by the men in Kings Landing/their lives who would otherwise help them become masculine. Daemon probably isn’t involved with them. Their pretend Dad wasn’t exactly present or raising them to be fighters. Their actual father wasn’t around for long but was the only one we see encouraging them to train but he couldn’t be as involved as he liked. And Sir Christian, who was most responsible for training the boys in fighting, had no desire and in fact preferred to humiliate them and instead focused on Aemond who he considers the true heir.

It makes a lot of sense that they would grow up a little weaker and less accomplished with swords and weapons.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:49 AM 10-10-2022
Crown fell off in rehearsal, so they figured they should shoot a take with it falling off and one where it didnt.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:01 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Strong kids have been left behind by the men in Kings Landing/their lives who would otherwise help them become masculine. Daemon probably isn’t involved with them. Their pretend Dad wasn’t exactly present or raising them to be fighters. Their actual father wasn’t around for long but was the only one we see encouraging them to train but he couldn’t be as involved as he liked. And Sir Christian, who was most responsible for training the boys in fighting, had no desire and in fact preferred to humiliate them and instead focused on Aemond who he considers the true heir.

It makes a lot of sense that they would grow up a little weaker and less accomplished with swords and weapons.
True, but they've been at Dragonstone since the marriage of their mother to her uncle. Someone should be Master at Arms in Dragonstone.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 37
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up