ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 376 of 382
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 05:54 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Totally in the same boat. Too sweet, too fusel.

Alma Mader has had a couple good ones but even when they're good, I can't drink more than one.
Keep an eye out for BKS Big Spender. Scary good triple. Not too sweet, not boozy, very balanced. They have been experimenting with hop keif and other hop concentrates lately that have been pretty damn good.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:58 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons:
Keep an eye out for BKS Big Spender. Scary good triple. Not too sweet, not boozy, very balanced. They have been experimenting with hop keif and other hop concentrates lately that have been pretty damn good.
I don't like Big Spender. Haven't liked any of them.

Love, love, love all of the Double Doubles but Brian's never done a triple IPA that I've liked.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 08:10 AM 09-11-2023
Fair enough, you are out doing the research, respect
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:58 PM 09-14-2023
Stepping off the 15% triple pastry smoothie diabetes train for a moment, if you're ever around Portland, Maine, this IPA is very good at being an IPA.

I'll sometimes order an IPA at a restaurant, but rarely keep them at home... and had several of these one night at a bar, bought a 6 pack, then had a flight while in Portland (their other beers were very mediocre, but they nailed this one).

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/44548/276812/

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:05 PM 09-14-2023
Joker’s Wit from B-vard is solid.

I like it better than. T7.
[Reply]
Shag 08:13 PM 09-14-2023
Anyone been to Oktoberfest? Heading to Munich next week, no idea what to expect other than chaos, debauchery, and hangovers...
[Reply]
phisherman 08:19 PM 09-14-2023
Having some fresh Dun Dun Dun by Hop Butcher tonight. Canned on 9/6. Tasty AF.
[Reply]
scho63 08:58 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Stepping off the 15% triple pastry smoothie diabetes train for a moment, if you're ever around Portland, Maine, this IPA is very good at being an IPA.

I'll sometimes order an IPA at a restaurant, but rarely keep them at home... and had several of these one night at a bar, bought a 6 pack, then had a flight while in Portland (their other beers were very mediocre, but they nailed this one).

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/44548/276812/

Does this give you stabbing pains in the stomach from all the acid in The Juice?
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:46 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
Anyone been to Oktoberfest? Heading to Munich next week, no idea what to expect other than chaos, debauchery, and hangovers...
My friends are rollerblading the Berlin marathon next weekend and then headed to Munich (I think).

Have fun!
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:02 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
I have not, but that's my understanding as well... have a blast and report back! :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 AM 09-15-2023
Having some fresh Dun Dun Dun by Hop Butcher tonight. Canned on 9/6. Tasty AF.
Heck yeah

I'll be making the rounds through KC next weekend if you're around

Stops at Rooney's and Mader's are on the list

Gang of us in town for Chiefs/Bears
[Reply]
phisherman 11:40 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Heck yeah

I'll be making the rounds through KC next weekend if you're around

Stops at Rooney's and Mader's are on the list

Gang of us in town for Chiefs/Bears
Sounds like a plan. I'd also recommend a Strange Days visit. They've been cranking out some heaters lately.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:09 PM 09-15-2023
Sounds like a plan. I'd also recommend a Strange Days visit. They've been cranking out some heaters lately.
Thats good news, I love their location and space but have always been kinda of meh on their beers

Funny enough, I'm not on social media nearly as much as I used to be and gave them a follow around the time they opened. I was scrolling recently and did a double take on a beer pic and was surprised to see it was from Strange Days. Pictorial-wise, it looked like a heater

They went full teku and juice orb glassware haha
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:12 PM 09-15-2023
Speaking of heaters

Tripping Animals/Parish collab Animals In the Machine is fire

On tap at the Barn in Gilbert

[Reply]
phisherman 04:16 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Thats good news, I love their location and space but have always been kinda of meh on their beers

Funny enough, I'm not on social media nearly as much as I used to be and gave them a follow around the time they opened. I was scrolling recently and did a double take on a beer pic and was surprised to see it was from Strange Days. Pictorial-wise, it looked like a heater

They went full teku and juice orb glassware haha
A couple years back, City Barrel hired a head brewer named Trevor that had previously been at KCBC (King's County Brewing Collective from New York). Dude seriously knew his shit and taught the City Barrel guys quite a few tricks to accent what they'd already gotten good at. Before the City Barrel guys could really lock him down, the Strange Days folks fired their head brewer and offered Trevor the head brewer spot and an ownership stake. Can't blame him for taking it.

He has done well. The beers are fire.

But yes, they love their funky ass glassware. And Trevor is an awesome dude. They curate a fun space down in the River Market too.
[Reply]
Page 376 of 382
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380 > Last »
Up