ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 29
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
penguinz 05:23 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
I just read the NWS forecast discussion from 3pm today, so a bit of an update to my previous post.

As of now, Looks like KC precipitation starting Friday afternoon as a rain/snow mix, changing to snow overnight. Most models have us above freezing, so they are lowering the snow totals as of now.

Also of note, NWS thinks most if not all accumulating precipitation will be done by noon Saturday, with just sprinkles/flurries after that.
NWS was late accepting the models for the November blizzard up until hours before it actually started. European and NAM models caught it several days before and verified.

So far same trend is happening for this Saturday.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:23 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Yeah I'm hoping it's not that bad. Looking at two trips to KC Friday night and Saturday morning. Can't stay the night due to helping with tailgate load up here in Topeka.
Must be one hell of a tailgate
[Reply]
007 05:27 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Must be one hell of a tailgate
It's not that. Just we have a good system going and is easier when we are all on the same page.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:02 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
23 degrees and snowing in Indy today.

Not quite the same thing as getting hit in the cold and your body feels like it's gonna break.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:10 PM 01-09-2019

We are increasing snow forecast totals at 10 PM. Watch @41actionnews as this storm fits the #LRC perfectly, and it was predicted weeks ago to land on January 12th. Many of my twitter followers were wondering, and here it is! Now, there are still questions and it's two days away! pic.twitter.com/AQLfkk00xv

— Gary Lezak (@glezak) January 10, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:15 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Any precipitation is a horrible horrible thing for us. I don't care if you guys are comfortable, I care about how it will effect Mahomes and our passing offense.
Andrew Luck fucking sucks elephant AIDS dicks in the cold.

It's our advantage.
[Reply]
Fish 11:21 PM 01-09-2019
Gary Lezak is pretty entertaining, but that guy has some really bizarre unsupported weather ideas. He's convinced that weather is somehow cyclical over periods of time and can be predicted in that way. Which is nutty.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:37 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Gary Lezak is pretty entertaining, but that guy has some really bizarre unsupported weather ideas. He's convinced that weather is somehow cyclical over periods of time and can be predicted in that way. Which is nutty.
Yeah, he’s a big global warming dude
https://www.thepitchkc.com/news/arti...change-is-real
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:09 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Sounds like the Billy Beane of weathermen.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:23 AM 01-10-2019
I was at the Colts game in 2013. The roads were bad from a pretty decent snow the night before and it was colder than a witch's tit. Luck was 26/37 for 241 yards and TD. Not spectacular but not the terrible performance some are saying he has in cold weather.
[Reply]
TLO 09:27 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Hand picking a single model run that shows the highest possible totals is idiotic.

It's likely gonna snow a few inches. Should mostly taper off by gametime.
[Reply]
KurtCauley 09:52 AM 01-10-2019

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:56 AM 01-10-2019
Are people really freaking the hell out over 3-5 inches of snow? Its 3 - 5 freaking inches...
[Reply]
KurtCauley 09:58 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Are people really freaking the hell out over 3-5 inches of snow? Its 3 - 5 freaking inches...
It's the impact on the game more than anything, IMO.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 09:59 AM 01-10-2019
Yep, looking like 2-4 inches, mostly done by noon Saturday in KC.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 29
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up