ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 29
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:37 PM 01-11-2019
If the snow is not falling, if the field is not wet or cold, if the ball is dry...the question is "did anybody hear it?"

I may be mixing some metaphors.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:50 PM 01-11-2019
Nothing is sticking in OP.
[Reply]
Monty 03:57 PM 01-11-2019
I'm in Independence and a Winter Storm Warning was just issued.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:58 PM 01-11-2019
Look at that. A WSW was just issued.

I was told in this thread it would not happen.

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...3#.XDkQ-7pMElQ
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:02 PM 01-11-2019
YOU ARE A WEATHER WIZARD
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 04:03 PM 01-11-2019
4-6 inches is the official estimate from NWS. Ending tomorrow afternoon, but the heavy stuff should be done in the morning Saturday.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 04:05 PM 01-11-2019
Keep moving that Low eastward towards Arkansas.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:08 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
Darksky.net is now estimating the end of the heavy snow around 7-8am tomorrow morning, earlier than expected. There is also the potential of a dry slot moving in from the southwest, which could limit accumulations.

If we could all send good thoughts to send the Low bolting towards the East right now please. That would clear it out faster.
good. As long as Kelsey and Hill can get out of their breaks without slipping or falling down, we are good to go.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:17 PM 01-11-2019
BTW

The reason it is good for the Chiefs is Andrew Luck in low temperature games is bad.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:23 PM 01-11-2019
Not that it means anything, but they were predicting we'd get 4-6" out of this storm in Denver. Current view from my office:

[Reply]
BWillie 04:26 PM 01-11-2019
The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in football. I bet they are chomping at the bit for this one. As it gets colder, as it gets wetter - advantage to superior offensive line and run schemes.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:27 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in football. I bet they are chomping at the bit for this one. As it gets colder, as it gets wetter - advantage to superior offensive line and run schemes.
It's "champing at the bit" dumbass
[Reply]
BWillie 04:29 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's "champing at the bit" dumbass
Yeah well, never seen it written down, only heard my grandpa say it. So reasonable to get the pronunciation incorrect.

But carry on with your personal attacks on intelligence.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:31 PM 01-11-2019
Yeah well, never seen it written down, only heard my grandpa say it. So reasonable to get the pronunciation incorrect.

But carry on with your personal attacks on intelligence.
He's wrong, just for the record.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:31 PM 01-11-2019
Yeah minus the fact that Andrew Luck is horrible in cold weather
[Reply]
Page 19 of 29
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up