ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 54
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:20 AM 01-06-2019
I think indy plays a ton of cover 3? It's a matchup I dont particularly love because they'll probably force us to beat them in the short game. The good news is Seattle was maybe a great blueprint for how we do it and we were really rolling in the second half.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:23 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think indy plays a ton of cover 3? It's a matchup I dont particularly love because they'll probably force us to beat them in the short game. The good news is Seattle was maybe a great blueprint for how we do it and we were really rolling in the second half.
They play mostly C2/Tampa 2
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Reading some of the Pats forums they are desperately convincing themselves that the Colts can take out KC. Their main reasons - The defense and Reid's choke jobs.
If we get a lead and get conservative, take the ball out of Mahomes hands, their wish may come true.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:25 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're better with Watkins, let's not act like they aren't. Defenses respect him far more than our other guys and that alone opens up Kelce and Hill more.
They’ve had to work harder to score but they’ve still gotten it done at basically the same clip.
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:29 AM 01-06-2019
I don't have the numbers to prove it. But at quick glance it looks like the Colts are very slow starters. Chiefs are not great closers. We need to get off to a hot start.

We've seen a few games where mahomes gets too amped up early in big spotlight games. The bye week can also be tricky to get going quickly. We need to walk into the 4th quarter with a commanding lead.
Unfortunately this is the exact script for how we lost our last two playoff games.
As crazy as it sounds I would like to see a closer game all the way through so we don't have a chance of Andy and Bob going conservative too soon once again. We need to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball for four quarters.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
Unfortunately this is the exact script for how we lost our last two playoff games.
As crazy as it sounds I would like to see a closer game all the way through so we don't have a chance of Andy and Bob going conservative too soon once again. We need to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball for four quarters.
I tend to agree. But luck has been dangerous as hell in the 4th. Usually gets off to slow starts. I hate giving Reid this situation but it's unfortunately our best option. My only hope is Reid suffered enough embarrassment from the last indy game with SD being nail in the coffin to realize no lead is ever safe.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:32 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
A couple or three stops by the defense, and we should be good to go.
This is asking a lot:-) especially when our defense is mimicking the defense that allowed a 28 pt comeback. But IIRC our defense was severely beat up with Houston out back then. Did Berry play that game or was that the year the dirty Bills player took out his knee?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They play mostly C2/Tampa 2
Ah, nice. Tampa 2 with less pressure could be a nightmare for the Colts vs mahomes. I hope.
[Reply]
bricks 09:41 AM 01-06-2019
I tend to agree. But luck has been dangerous as hell in the 4th. Usually gets off to slow starts. I hate giving Reid this situation but it's unfortunately our best option. My only hope is Reid suffered enough embarrassment from the last indy game with SD being nail in the coffin to realize no lead is ever safe.
He won’t bro. Thats how he is.

Unfortunately, we have to accept the fact that Andy Reid gets conservative in the playoffs. He has done this numerous times. It best explains a lot of his choke jobs with us and philly. That was a big reason he wore out his welcome in philly.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:42 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Luck has feasted of shitty teams all season...
FYP ....and btw we do have a manure defense when it comes to the LB and 2ndary positions and why Boss made his point about a high scoring game.:-)
[Reply]
oldman 10:10 AM 01-06-2019
We need to get them in a hole quickly and keep them from the running game. PM2 needs to take what he can get instead of going for the home run. That will open up after he picks them apart on 8-10 yard strikes. Finally, both Andy and Bob (or whichever D coach is calling the plays) need to keep their boot on the Colts throat. If we hang 50 on them to their 14, so be it, it's playoff time.
[Reply]
milkman 10:17 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
We need to get them in a hole quickly and keep them from the running game. PM2 needs to take what he can get instead of going for the home run. That will open up after he picks them apart on 8-10 yard strikes. Finally, both Andy and Bob (or whichever D coach is calling the plays) need to keep their boot on the Colts throat. If we hang 50 on them to their 14, so be it, it's playoff time.
I think he can get big chunks (15-20 yards) over the middle against that D.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:21 AM 01-06-2019
Ah, nice. Tampa 2 with less pressure could be a nightmare for the Colts vs mahomes. I hope.
I agree BUT Watkins needs to play and our O-line needs to step up even more ensuring we can run to keep their LBs and 2ndary honest because they are GOOD while neutering their interior d-line pressure up the middle which is where I think they will attack in order to get to Pat IMHO.

Like I have said in previous posts Watkins needs to play ensuring we will outscore them because whoever the Colts decide to double Mahomes literally will have 2-3 other lethal offensive weapons 'wide open' to choose from. IF Watkins plays and we can establish a respectable run game Pat will not have to be 100% perfect just 85-90% perfect(scoring TDs that is) on every possession because our LBs and 2ndary are that bad.

The Colts O-line is bad ass therefore we won't have a pass rush IMHO with the Colts attempting to keep Pat on the sidelines chewing up the clock with the run scoring TDs with timely big downfield passes.

If the Colts win the toss they will take the ball first in order to get that chance to hit us in the mouth first like they did the Texans. No way do they defer giving an MVP QB with 50 TDs and 5K passing with magical vision, howitzer arm, computer like brain, with uncanny athletic ability to make plays to hit them in the mouth first especially being on the road in the playoffs against the No.1 seed.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:33 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Yeah, terrified. They already beat the Chiefs. If it weren’t for the Miami debacle you wouldn’t even have home field. I’m a lot more worried about Baltimore; those fuckers have no fear of the Pats and have beaten them in January in Gillette.

Doesn’t matter, though. Both sides can talk shit but if the AFCCG is Colts at Ravens we’ll all look pretty stupid. Let’s get through next weekend before we discuss how scared anyone is.
How about instead of you posting here anymore, you commit some suicide?? Thanks
[Reply]
DreamCatcher 10:37 AM 01-06-2019
3-3 in the last six games. Gave up 38 to Seahawks, 33 to raiders, and 29 to chargers. Going to be a high scoring game.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 54
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up