ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 42
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
Tornado 10:34 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Does Eric Berry play another down for the Chiefs?
y-i-p
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:35 PM 12-28-2018
It’s like he wants more attention than what Brett Farve wanted.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:36 PM 12-28-2018
Disappointing

He’s like the Jamaal Charles of defense. I feel like he’s only played about half of a career.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:42 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Does Eric Berry play another down for the Chiefs?
I think he'll try to give it a go in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Bump 10:54 PM 12-28-2018
he needs to retire. Berry is done. Sad.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:09 PM 12-28-2018
I thought I recalled being in staunch opposition to signing Berry to the deal he ultimately received...

Some excerpts.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ighlight=Berry

Eric Berry signs 6-year, $78m extension

Originally Posted by :
After the LDT contract, this is all just fucking whatever to me. Sign checks to whomever. Let's go be dogshit for 10 more years.
Originally Posted by :
You don't spend that kind of money on safeties. Corners. Pass Rushers. Quarterbacks. Tackles. Those are your money guys. I seriously don't think Berry is worth it. Not even a bit. But eh... its whatever.

Until this team does get a franchise QB, I really don't give a fuck either way. Alex is shit and until that changes, the results will be shit. Give Berry 100 million, won't change shit.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=Berry&page=25

Originally Posted by :
I've did some thinking about Eric Berry. I just don't think Eric Berry is good enough to be afforded the top contract at the position. I also don't think Mathieu deserved such a hefty contract, and his borders on ridiculous, but he also plays alot of nickle corner for the Cards.

I do however, realize that you have to pay the man and he is one of the better safeties in the game. He's fully within the top 20 in the game against the pass, and top 10 when you look at his overall game versus the run and the pass. I want to say he was tied for 8th in pass breakups by a safety this year and tied for 31st in tackles.

But the point remains, Eric Berry is not the best safety in the game. Do you pay him as such? That's a difficult pill to swallow. His game most closely resembles Devin McCourty, and New England paid him pretty well. If you extrapolate McCourty's values over two years of 8% cap inflation, you come up with about 55.4 million w/ 25.7 guaranteed. If you do the same with Harrison Smith's contract over 1 year of 8% cap inflation, you come up with 55.4 million w/16.5 guaranteed.

So, if I had to expect what the market should dictate regarding Berry, it's $55.4 m and somewhere around 21 m guaranteed. Those numbers are a bit worrisome anyhow, with Berry turning 28 and approaching the twilight years. I think, if I'm John Dorsey, I have a number in mind where I think I can replace a good portion of what Berry does for a significantly lower number. The only thing I can't replace is the leadership, but when leaders leave others step up. I think 55/21 would be my absolute limit. I'm not approaching 12, 13, 14 million per.

After much reflection, I'm not of the opinion that Berry is a HOF player nor should he be the highest paid safety in the league.

I'm no NFL GM, but like NFL GMs, I also realize this is a business. Signing Berry to a lucrative contract is bad business. I think 55/21 as a target number is already conceding a bit on the guy.

I guess we'll see what transpires.

One hopes the Chiefs aren't dumb enough to give a safety, who isn't even the best in the game, top CB money.
Originally Posted by :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
That's why I call him kcoldcrow. Drunk ass takes.
Homers...

Eric Berry is the greatest of all-time, HOFer, and noone can say anything else to the contrary.

Eric Berry isn't as good as people around Chiefs' Kingdom make him out to be. He's a good player, but he's not great and he isn't the best in the league at what he does.

Watch Landon Collins play, then get back to me. Harrison Smith is better. There are better players at his position. Why the fuck on Earth would you give a guy TOP CB money to play safety when he's just inside the top-10.

I mean, is it attachment syndrome? Is it that you just want the Chiefs to sign him because you like him? I could be on board with signing guys just because I like them, but I sure wouldn't hope for extended winning because that cap fucks a team with underperforming, aging players.
Originally Posted by :
How did they not do him a massive favor? They didn't have to pay Berry. They could have chosen to pay an x% of his salary. Instead, they paid Berry his full 8 million. That's a franchise doing something they didn't have to for a player. Maybe it was a kindness favor and one they likely "should" have done, but it's a huge favor none-the-less.

You do realize that Berry hasn't really "earned" about 16 million so far with the Chiefs due to injury and cancer?

Either way, I don't think Berry is worth a dime over 10 m per and the Chiefs should stick to it or let his ass walk.
and this entire thread was just a beacon of my rage (it's not something I'm particularly proud of but man did I disagree with seemingly everyone at that time)...

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...t=Berry&page=4

Point is, I was on board with letting Berry walk then and I'm on board with cutting his ass now. What I saw written then is, in large part, what I see written now. The same people arguing about needing to keep him because he's such a game changer when he's here, etc. I want guys that affect games every week. Maybe they aren't as good as Eric Berry in some facets, and maybe they aren't as complete a player, but dag nabbit, they're fucking healthy.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:12 PM 12-28-2018
BDB living up to the name.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:16 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I thought I recalled being in staunch opposition to signing Berry to the deal he ultimately received...

Some excerpts.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ighlight=Berry

Eric Berry signs 6-year, $78m extension

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=Berry&page=25

and this entire thread was just a beacon of my rage (it's not something I'm particularly proud of but man did I disagree with seemingly everyone at that time)...

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...t=Berry&page=4

Point is, I was on board with letting Berry walk then and I'm on board with cutting his ass now. What I saw written then is, in large part, what I see written now. The same people arguing about needing to keep him because he's such a game changer when he's here, etc. I want guys that affect games every week. Maybe they aren't as good as Eric Berry in some facets, and maybe they aren't as complete a player, but dag nabbit, they're ****ing healthy.

It’s the battered fan attachment syndrome. Holding on to anything familiar because the unknown is scary. Reason why the fans love the regular season and despise the playoffs. Better to be 9-7 / hope than to risk winning in the post season.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:16 PM 12-28-2018
Out of all the bosschief level patting yourself on the back....all I got out of that was how good a dig kcoldcrow was
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:34 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Out of all the bosschief level patting yourself on the back....all I got out of that was how good a dig kcoldcrow was
You seem nice.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:37 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You seem nice.

So, what? You do, too.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:45 PM 12-28-2018
Sooooo here is the douchebag agent that invented the national holdout/drama spectacle which ultimately got Dorsey fired....

Berry played it up too...so he's no angel either.

Good to put a face to the dickhead that ****ed up a dynasty...Chad Speck is his name..if you want to thank him for his greed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BREhl6Ul...ource=ig_embed
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You seem nice.

Thanks bud. Let's free rabble and takeover the rigged thread
[Reply]
FAX 11:54 PM 12-28-2018
Having lived this nightmare my entire life, I can tell you that it is possible to bury the past and bury it forever. With years of effort, focus, and dedicated self-analysis, one can eventually arrive at a full and clear understanding of the human dilemma and its concomitant paradoxical mysteries. That is the utterly dramatic and magnificent moment when you realize you don't give two sh*ts about what came before.

Interestingly, that moment of perfect clarity is also the exact time when you finally realize you don't give two sh*ts now.

Then we drafted Mahomes. Although it's true that we each tried in our own way not to give two sh*ts, deep down in our heart of hearts, we really did give two sh*ts ... many more than just two, in fact. Well, those sh*ts have been given and we thought they were gone forever. But today, we can rest - immersed at last in the gloriously empirical and epistemological knowledge that Mahomes has given us back our sh*ts.

FAX
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:58 PM 12-28-2018
Thank you for the shits, PMII.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 42
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up