ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
FAX 05:10 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The cure is to either cut the bone spur off or cut him off the roster.
I don't disagree.

I think it was a few months ago (on the first "day-to-day" day - or thereabouts) when I raised the issue that bothers me still. Namely; why didn't Berry or the Chiefs deal with this in the off-season?

It is my understanding that if it is a Haglunds problem, it didn't just pop up out of nowhere and it can often be addressed with a scope. In which case, the recovery period is fairly short. Of course, it might be an issue that is sufficiently severe that a scope procedure isn't advised.

Regardless, it seems to me that Berry's personal doctors and/or the Chiefs' medical staff either misdiagnosed the problem or failed to properly analyze the severity. This situation makes no sense, otherwise.

If Berry had had surgery back then, he'd still get paid. So who benefits from dragging this out? Nobody I can see. This has evolved into a very strange predicament ... the worst of which could have been avoided (based on the limited information we have).

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:10 PM 12-28-2018
If the Chiefs get the feeling Berry is a no go the remainder of this season, they need to go sign Barry Church. Not that he would be a savior, but more so because of the attrition factor. Parker/Sorenson as your last line of defense is not exactly encouraging.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:12 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Voicing concern? No way.

You can find in the Berry contract thread where I thought he was being overpaid but see why they paid him. :-) Still feel that way.
Meh, those threads were all clusterfucks and I'm not about to go digging through them for a gotcha moment. Apparently I remember it differently but it's not worth a fight to the death.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:21 PM 12-28-2018
Veach needs to assume he's done and move forward. We can't have another season of cat and mouse with him. When can we get out of this abortion of a contract?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:23 PM 12-28-2018
I believe the plan is for Eric to get through this season and then have the surgery. After that we'll see what happens but most reports I saw claimed surgery would be able to cure the problem in most cases.
[Reply]
FAX 05:28 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Veach needs to assume he's done and move forward. We can't have another season of cat and mouse with him. When can we get out of this abortion of a contract?
The contract. Therein lies the rub.

According to OTC, we're underwater on this deal until after the 2020 season.

Of course, we can simply elect to eat the dead money and cap decrease. Still, it's a long way to Tipperberry.

FAX
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:31 PM 12-28-2018
I feel like this whole Berry thing has been a drag on the team, it’s getting extremely tiresome at this point. I’m not gonna shit on Berry; it’s his body, and only he understands it, so, personally, I don’t think I’m in a position to judge whether or not he can play.

Regardless of that, though, this shit could possibly be (and I think is) a major distraction. I would attempt to part ways for this reason alone.
[Reply]
threebag 05:36 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by TLO:
Great. Another thread about spirit jokes and Berry bashing. :-)
If we can live through parody posters, we can live through Haglund bashing.
[Reply]
threebag 05:43 PM 12-28-2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 05:44 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I believe the plan is for Eric to get through this season and then have the surgery. After that we'll see what happens but most reports I saw claimed surgery would be able to cure the problem in most cases.
Then Eric needs to take a fucking pay cut.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:46 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Then why didn't he do the damn surgery last offseason?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:54 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Then why didn't he do the damn surgery last offseason?
I think they diagnosed it pretty late tbh, and hoped that he could play through it this year and then get it done next offseason.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:55 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Then Eric needs to take a ****ing pay cut.
I can't disagree tbh. And I think Eric and Veach need to have a chat when the season is over.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:56 PM 12-28-2018
We could have Mathieu and Earl Thomas with cap room we have now + a Berry cut.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:58 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Then Eric needs to take a ****ing pay cut.
His base is $12.4M next year.

He should take $3M or GTFO.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up