ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 240
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:11 AM 01-11-2019
He found better, doggone it.
[Reply]
FAX 09:13 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Eh good and fluffy
Such a cynic ...

The last two lines brought a tear to my eye. And I don't care who knows it.

FAX
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:15 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Such a cynic ...

FAX
It was fantastic FAX, and I can honestly say I want a SB for Fat Andy and Clark as much as I want to experience one.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:16 AM 01-11-2019
Eh good and fluffy
It's nice that "the industry" sees KC as a great place to work, but god damnit at some point you'd like to read, "and we were told that losing wasn't an option and don't expect to be here long if you can't meet that criteria". Or something to that effect.

Oh, thanks for lying for us there, Grandpa. Good show.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:18 AM 01-11-2019
Ladies and Gentlemen (and other non-gender identifying peeps), this is one hell of an article from Sam Mellinger. Sam runs hot and cold, but he's heating up ...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...224241440.html

I personally recommend this read.

FAX
I think he found someone better than Len Dawson.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:21 AM 01-11-2019
Such a cynic ...

FAX
Just win baby.....

Let’s get som post season wins. Then I can share a tear with until the cows come home. Those are the feel good stories. The real memories.
[Reply]
FAX 09:39 AM 01-11-2019
Just win baby.....

Let’s get som post season wins. Then I can share a tear with until the cows come home. Those are the feel good stories. The real memories.
Although I don't appreciate the Al Davis reference, I agree with the sentiment, Mr. Reerun_KC.

Too many people are succumbing to recency bias (as evidenced by all the talking noggins). The NFL is trying to hype the Colts in order to generate interest and drama.

This game won't be nearly as close as the media would like you to believe.

Chiefs win going away.

FAX
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:12 AM 01-11-2019
Ladies and Gentlemen (and other non-gender identifying peeps), this is one hell of an article from Sam Mellinger. Sam runs hot and cold, but he's heating up ...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...224241440.html

I personally recommend this read.

FAX
Nice article...but not perfect either.

I'm not sure I buy all that they're selling as a truth about Hunt, but hey... The bottom line is both of them, together with their GM(s), have managed to keep Sutton (that's a sin of the highest order!) and have shown their weak spot for players with the Berry situation.

Dare I mention the "R" word appears in the article? :-)

Also, I'm not sure the fans, at least not some of us, aren't at the "mean" level nowadays. Sorry, 45+ years tends to make you mad/bitter in a salary cap/draft league... There's just no excuse IMO, and I'll go back to saying I see very little passion out of Hunt. And to me "quiet passion" (if that's the excuse attributed to his silent passion) is usually "little/no passion" in a sport where we yell our heads off.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:41 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Nice article...but not perfect either.

I'm not sure I buy all that they're selling as a truth about Hunt, but hey... The bottom line is both of them, together with their GM(s), have managed to keep Sutton (that's a sin of the highest order!) and have shown their weak spot for players with the Berry situation.

Dare I mention the "R" word appears in the article? :-)

Also, I'm not sure the fans, at least not some of us, aren't at the "mean" level nowadays. Sorry, 45+ years tends to make you mad/bitter in a salary cap/draft league... There's just no excuse IMO, and I'll go back to saying I see very little passion out of Hunt. And to me "quiet passion" (if that's the excuse attributed to his silent passion) is usually "little/no passion" in a sport where we yell our heads off.
The game was what? :-)

See, that's what I mean about hearing all of these former employees singing the praises of how "great" it is to work for the cHunt's. I'm not sure that song should be sung in the capacity for which those people mean it. It's the "no accountability" song. And much like anything written by Hansen, the master tapes need to be hunted down and set on fire for the good of all.

And yeah, that's why I thanked Grandpa Vermeil in my first post for lying his ass off about us not being "mean". Things have changed since his time. It's not like we're east coast "mean" or throw batteries on to the field, but if we work a little harder and do our best, we can get there! :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:48 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The game was what? :-)

See, that's what I mean about hearing all of these former employees singing the praises of how "great" it is to work for the cHunt's. I'm not sure that song should be sung in the capacity for which those people mean it. It's the "no accountability" song. And much like anything written by Hansen, the master tapes need to be hunted down and set on fire for the good of all.

And yeah, that's why I thanked Grandpa Vermeil in my first post for lying his ass off about us not being "mean". Things have changed since his time. It's not like we're east coast "mean" or throw batteries on to the field, but if we work a little harder and do our best, we can get there! :-)
I agree, I think many have come to the conclusion that the Hunt's are great to work for because, well, getting the desired results have proven to be largely optional. It doesn't mean they don't try, I'm just saying that, perhaps, they don't run scared (enough) of not succeeding in the team's ultimate goal. At some point it simply becomes something too close to "easy work" for great pay (and little, if any, pressure).
[Reply]
chuxtrux 12:09 PM 01-11-2019
If after the 2-14 2012 season when the Chiefs were a dumpster fire, you were told the following would take place with the new head coach:

The Chiefs would immediately climb back to respectability in year one, then make the playoffs in 5 of the next 6 seasons. In year five, they would draft a potential Hall of Fame quarterback who would possibly win the MVP in his first year starting and then get the #1 seed in the playoffs. Who wouldn't sign up for that?

Sure, Dorsey gets some credit. Veach gets some credit. But none of this happens if Reid isn't hired back in 2012.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He and Clark will just blame it on Sutton after he "retires". This is Chiefs football; there is ALWAYS an excuse. Or, no excuse at all as we watch no one take any real accountability, just coach speak.
Believe it or not, that's how almost every NFL team works. Heck, it's how big business in general works.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:16 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by chuxtrux:
If after the 2-14 2012 season when the Chiefs were a dumpster fire, you were told the following would take place with the new head coach:

The Chiefs would immediately climb back to respectability in year one, then make the playoffs in 5 of the next 6 seasons. In year five, they would draft a potential Hall of Fame quarterback who would possibly win the MVP in his first year starting and then get the #1 seed in the playoffs. Who wouldn't sign up for that?

Sure, Dorsey gets some credit. Veach gets some credit. But none of this happens if Reid isn't hired back in 2012.
Isn't it amazing how ONE PLAYER has made such a difference? This team is nowhere NEAR the playoffs or sniffing them in 2018 without PMII.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:17 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Believe it or not, that's how almost every NFL team works. Heck, it's how big business in general works.
This is true...
[Reply]
FAX 12:18 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by chuxtrux:

Well said, Mr. chuxtrux.

As for Clark's "social style" that some posters like to demean like trailer-park badasses who complain about "rich people", who really cares in the end? Anyone who doubts Clark's burning desire to win a championship is literally talking out their ass. And I'm pretty sure those posters probably don't wipe properly.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 120 of 240
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up