View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 91 of 343
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:17 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Idk, but not hiring an agent until the last month before the deadline is kind of conducting yourself poorly, wouldn't you say so?
Lol no the guy positioned himself to get top money
[Reply]
-King- 10:26 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lol no the guy positioned himself to get top money
Lol well unless something happens in the next 26 hours, looks like he positioned himself for another franchise tag year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 AM 07-14-2022
Lol well unless something happens in the next 26 hours, looks like he positioned himself for another franchise tag year.
You don't know what you're talking about which is not surprising
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:29 AM 07-14-2022
Have they signed this pos yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:30 AM 07-14-2022
Duane Brown as a back-up/back-up/back-up/back-up option?

He can coordinate court dates with Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:31 AM 07-14-2022
How has Brown conducted himself poorly? You guys are such stupid ****ing homers on here.

Dude got traded from Baltimore because he wanted to play LT knowing it could lead to big payday. Player asks for said payday- CP reeruns "you're conducting yourself poorly expecting a raise!"
Read DJ's posts... doubt many people at all are blaming him for wanting a payday, but the Chiefs did give him the opportunity at LT that wasn't previously available to him, and it's not exactly playing nice to drag your feet for months on your single goal in life... whether it's because he's an idiot or because he's purposefully planting the Chiefs in a corner for more leverage, he clearly hasn't given the Chiefs much respect in the process.

The Chiefs came to the table months ago to start the process and he barges in with almost no time to spare and tells them that'll be $25 million/year and there will be no questions.... he's kind of a dick.
[Reply]
-King- 10:32 AM 07-14-2022
You don't know what you're talking about which is not surprising
So the deadline isn't tomorrow at 3pm?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:33 AM 07-14-2022
So the deadline isn't tomorrow at 3pm?
So I didn't say that now did I queen?
[Reply]
Dante84 10:34 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Read DJ's posts... doubt many people at all are blaming him for wanting a payday, but the Chiefs did give him the opportunity at LT that wasn't previously available to him, and it's not exactly playing nice to drag your feet for months on your single goal in life... whether it's because he's an idiot or because he's purposefully planting the Chiefs in a corner for more leverage, he clearly hasn't given the Chiefs much respect in the process.

The Chiefs came to the table months ago to start the process and he barges in with almost no time to spare and tells them that'll be $25 million/year and there will be no questions.... he's kind of a dick.
To be fair - there's no possible way of knowing this is true.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:35 AM 07-14-2022
Doesn't feel like they are even talking. Brown feels dug in and so does Veach.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:36 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I have no problems with him being a tough negotiator these guys only get to do this maybe 2 or 3 times. These guys are 1 play away from a career ending injury and the franchise throwing you away like trash. If Veach didn't know he was getting into this when he traded for him then he's an idiot.
[Reply]
-King- 10:40 AM 07-14-2022
So I didn't say that now did I queen?
Oh so it is. Guess he did position himself up for a franchise tag year. Glad we could clear that issue up.
[Reply]
-King- 10:41 AM 07-14-2022
I have no problems with him being a tough negotiator these guys only get to do this maybe 2 or 3 times. These guys are 1 play away from a career ending injury and the franchise throwing you away like trash. If Veach didn't know he was getting into this when he traded for him then he's an idiot.
If you're negotiating a contract that important and you have half a year to negotiate, how is waiting until the last month to get an agent (that's never represented any player or done any business with the NFL) a good move?
[Reply]
TLO 07-14-2022, 10:45 AM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
Chief Pagan 10:46 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eric Fisher: 7 sacks and 41 pressures allowed on 490 pass snaps.

Orlando Brown: 4 sacks and 36 pressures allowed on 765 pass snaps.

If we're going to handwave away how absolutely abysmal Fisher was to start, then Brown deserves the same treatment as he only allowed 7 pressures over his last 5 regular season games. That's on top of an 81% run block win rate, which is second highest in the entire league.

If it boils down to it and we end up having to bring on Fisher to replace Brown as he holds out, that's about the best Veach can do, but it's a SIGNIFICANT step backwards regardless.
If you have a QB that can make pinpoint throws while backpedaling 10 yards deep, which KC has, he is top 5!
[Reply]
TLO 10:47 AM 07-14-2022
Or just tag him and trade him now. Play Prince Tega Wanogho at LT. I don't give a SHIT!
[Reply]
Page 91 of 343
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up