ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 295
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shields68 08:49 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Who would you take off the list to replace with Clyde?
Guess it depends is this a fantasy football ranking or is this a real life talent or real life including contracts.

In the first the key is more about is Clyde going to start and get 65% of the carries if he does just sheer talent of the offense and especially the line will make him better then 2/3 of the guys on the list.

In the second talent wise I think Zeeke is done, Robinson coming off major injury is huge question mark, a few others would not fit the offense.

Factoring contracts I would guess 1/2 of those are just not realistic for our salary cap and team no way would we trade CEH straight up for them. Barkley, McCaffery, Zeke, Henry...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't like CEH but I've seen people saying they'd prefer Swift and I really don't see it.
I would actually trade CEH for Swift straight up.

My reasoning is that Swift appears to be what we all hoped CEH would be in this offense- a great receiver out of the backfield. He's not been great rushing the rock but he also plays for the Lions. 4.3 career YPC average and I think that would be a bit better in our offense with better opportunities.

Couldn't really complain about a guy who's averaging 4.5ish YPC and adding an additional 400-500 yards receiving each season.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:35 AM 05-25-2022
swift is doing more with way less. your god damn ****ing right that would be a no brainer of a trade. frankly clyde wouldn't even crack my personal 32. the vision isn't there, the speed is definitely not there, his yac ability is really only present outside the hashes unlike kamara who can work inside the numbers - so really i find it overrated as ****, he's just truthfully mid imo.

yeah maybe he turns it around and shocks us all this year but i've been talking shit since his first season and yet to eat crow so... just excited as fuck for rojo in this offense.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:00 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Some of you need to kind of wake up on where CEH actually ranks.

Here's the draft position of the top 10 RBs on the list:

UDFA

Seems like 40-50 is the sweet spot for a top-flight RB. So to me 32 isn't that big of a reach, if he had just turned out to be good. I think the draft position was a small mistake at worst, but the execution was a big mistake.

Unless he's over the gout or whatever he had and doesn't suck this year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:28 AM 05-25-2022
Bottom line is Clyde is injury prone, has no speed, is not trusted to catch the ball because of his short arms, he's too small to push the pile & punch it in on the goal-line and his longest TD run for the Chiefs is around 30 yards which was on his debut. He's had a few good games yes, but the physical limitations, plus his durability issues, just tell me he's not who we thought he was. And the Chiefs seem to agree otherwise they wouldn't have signed Rojo, Pacheco and Ealy. They are literally screaming "we want more speed and punch" in the RB room. Imo Clyde won't be the most impactful back on the roster when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
threebag 11:32 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Right because an athlete in his prime will fair better after having an organ removed than an illness. The gallbladder is a key part of digestion. People often have issues with any foods containing fats for years afterwards. An athlete suddenly having to drastically alter his diet would absolutely affect energy levels and could make him feel pretty sick while his liver is adjusting to producing extra bile on the fly. No amount of expert care can predict exactly how a body will respond to stuff like this.
Fuck him, he probably sucked at that too :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Bottom line is Clyde is injury prone, has no speed, is not trusted to catch the ball because of his short arms, he's too small to push the pile & punch it in on the goal-line and his longest TD run for the Chiefs is around 30 yards which was on his debut. He's had a few good games yes, but the physical limitations, plus his durability issues, just tell me he's not who we thought he was. And the Chiefs seem to agree otherwise they wouldn't have signed Rojo, Pacheco and Ealy. They are literally screaming "we want more speed and punch" in the RB room. Imo Clyde won't be the most impactful back on the roster when it's all said and done.
I don't think short arms is a big problem for a RB, especially with an accurate QB.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:47 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't think short arms is a big problem for a RB, especially with an accurate QB.
It is, there where many passes that were tipped and out of HIS reach
[Reply]
JPH83 12:49 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I would actually trade CEH for Swift straight up.

My reasoning is that Swift appears to be what we all hoped CEH would be in this offense- a great receiver out of the backfield. He's not been great rushing the rock but he also plays for the Lions. 4.3 career YPC average and I think that would be a bit better in our offense with better opportunities.

Couldn't really complain about a guy who's averaging 4.5ish YPC and adding an additional 400-500 yards receiving each season.
Crucial point, fair.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:54 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yep, my prediction for Shit List rankings this upcoming season will be:

1. Frank Clark
2. Deandre Baker if he sees any meaningful snaps
3. CEH
4. Hardman
5. Niang or whoever wins the RT spot

I actually think the OL as a unit will do well this season so whoever is plugged in at RT actually won't catch as much shit as they did these last couple seasons. It'll still likely be the weakest spot on our line, though.

This would make a great thread/poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:44 PM 06-01-2022
Hmm

expected 5.3 YPC is one of the highest marks in the league but he takes no advantage of it pic.twitter.com/qdT3vfK5Ce

— Tej Seth (@tejfbanalytics) June 1, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:22 AM 07-07-2022

KC Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire @Clydro_22 at Elite Training @EliteTrainingBR in Baton Rouge.

Work ethic is UNMATCHED! Perfection is the name of the game. And he’s trying to be the best to ever do it.#SkillzSouth #EliteTraining #NFL #DevelopmentOverHype pic.twitter.com/n3eeTzAINs

— Skillz Evolution SOUTH - Craig Brodie (@coach_brodie) July 6, 2022

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:52 AM 07-07-2022
Training in the Union, Justice and Confidence state. For the true for him, Show Me state
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:53 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That's nice, but I don't see how running around with a medicine ball is going to improve his vision.
[Reply]
TEX 08:57 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That's nice, but I don't see how running around with a medicine ball is going to improve his vision.
Maybe he'll incorporate a dark visor, and use The Force...
[Reply]
Page 248 of 295
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258 > Last »
Up