ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Calipari to Arkansas?!?
ROYC75 07:42 AM 04-08-2024
Now a little Devil's advocate, watch Cal & Arkansas start whipping UK regularly and advancing farther in the big dance! :-)

That would be AWESOME!
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:17 AM 04-08-2024
Did Kentucky reduce the buyout for him to go to Arkansas? I was hearing that they were giving him one more chance next year because the buyout on his contract would drop significantly.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:19 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Did Kentucky reduce the buyout for him to go to Arkansas? I was hearing that they were giving him one more chance next year because the buyout on his contract would drop significantly.
No. It would cost UK $33 million to fire him. It costs Cal nothing to leave on his own.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:51 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
No. It would cost UK $33 million to fire him. It costs Cal nothing to leave on his own.
Do you think there was some behind the scene buy out? Cal goes to them and says look I'll leave but I want you to pay me 8 million of it and I'll take the Arky job so you can save some money.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:55 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Do you think there was some behind the scene buy out? Cal goes to them and says look I'll leave but I want you to pay me 8 million of it and I'll take the Arky job so you can save some money.
No, as it’s for an in-conference school.

Now, if he went to a place like Ohio St. or USC, where he’d be making significantly less than what he will at Arkansas (which is a bit below his UK salary), I could see where the powers that be give him some $ on the way out. But he was never getting fired or leave without collecting the majority of $ he was owed. He took a slight paycut to go to Arkansas, but not substantial.

More shocked he left to stay in the SEC after having his AD publicly back him, with both doing a sit down interview together in Lexington, last week.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:25 PM 04-08-2024
It cost him nothing to quite, but if he is going to coach next year that team normally has to pay the same $33 million dollar buyout to the school he is leaving.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:46 AM 04-08-2024
Arkansas? LOL

Squeal like a pig, Cal!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:52 AM 04-08-2024
Rams Fan lost
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:59 AM 04-08-2024
I know we are talking about UK, they have had some down years, coaches before, so think of this tidbit. Anywhere Cal has been and left, UMass, Memphis, the programs never became/regain relevance again. A 3rd time charm would be a setting most CBB fans around the world would cherish!

Just saying ..... :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:00 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I know we are talking about UK, they have had some down years, coaches before, so think of this tidbit. Anywhere Cal has been and left, UMass, Memphis, the programs never became/regain relevance again. A 3rd time charm would be a setting most CBB fans around the world would cherish!

Just saying ..... :-)
You’re comparing a state school that had no success before Calipari and a mid-major to a Blue Blood.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:10 AM 04-08-2024
You’re comparing a state school that had no success before Calipari and a mid-major to a Blue Blood.
I said I know it's UK, BTA I also said it's Cal and ....... ? :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 12:02 PM 04-08-2024
Good move for Cal. He's no longer able to compete in this era where he can't just get by on one and dones. He can now go to Arkansas where standards are far lower than UK.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:10 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Good move for Cal. He's no longer able to compete in this era where he can't just get by on one and dones. He can now go to Arkansas where standards are far lower than UK.
The fan base is definitely strong. Good history recently in EM’s early years. Let’s see what JC can bring with him. Razorback basketball can compete in the SEC, will be a good fit.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:25 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The fan base is definitely strong. Good history recently in EM’s early years. Let’s see what JC can bring with him. Razorback basketball can compete in the SEC, will be a good fit.
No doubts. He just won't have a championship every year standard to live up to.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:44 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Arkansas basketball fans are 90% as delusional as Sucky fans with like 10% of the success.

They are going to have unreasonable expectations as well.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up