Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:45 PM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Again, I should probably stop half-watching this show, but why was Durin's father so against the Mythril mine?
Well just a few episodes ago, Durin and others almost got killed because they were mining it. The LOTR's movies talk about the Dwarves digging too deep and releasing an ancient evil.

He thinks it's dangerous to dig so deep.
[Reply]
DCTwister 04:03 PM 10-15-2022
Last few episodes were much better. I guess I am retarded, or just not paying enough attention, but I don’t understand why after Galadriel figures out who Sauron is and that he came up with the idea of the fancy rings, that after he takes off to go cause trouble in Mordor, they still keep making the rings. Maybe it’s a bad idea since it was Sauron’s idea? I’ll have to read the cliff notes.

One other thing. It’s quite obvious that the elf and what’s-her-face from the Southlands were an item, and of course that the kid is their son. He has long hair to cover up his elf ears. I guess they are saving that obvious reveal for season 2.

Anyway, last few episodes much better and even Galadriel was less irritating.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:02 PM 10-15-2022
Wow. That finale.

The reveals for Sauron and Gandalf were so fucking well done. And that goddamn credits singing. FUCK!

Had a spiritual experience.

The guy who plays Gandalf is absolutely nailing the vibe. I saw that nose line coming a mile away and still loved it. Teared up like a bitch.

WHERE THE SHAAAAAAAAADOOOOWS LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MOAR!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 10-15-2022
The falls of Numenor and Moria are going to be absolutely heartbreaking. They set this up so well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 PM 10-15-2022
SUPER SUPER SUPER interested to see Sauron kick his rival out of Mordor.

I love what they did with him. "Sauron The Deceiver."

Perfection.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:18 PM 10-15-2022
a very, very underrated part of this show is the score

the score sucks in a lot of modern epic TV and movies...see the obi wan show

they fucking NAILED this score, managing to evoke howard shore WITHOUT ripping him off

the score is so good i'm downloading it now for a re-listen...there is some red tribe content in there FO SHO
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:28 PM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
Last few episodes were much better. I guess I am reeruned, or just not paying enough attention, but I don’t understand why after Galadriel figures out who Sauron is and that he came up with the idea of the fancy rings, that after he takes off to go cause trouble in Mordor, they still keep making the rings. Maybe it’s a bad idea since it was Sauron’s idea? I’ll have to read the cliff notes.

One other thing. It’s quite obvious that the elf and what’s-her-face from the Southlands were an item, and of course that the kid is their son. He has long hair to cover up his elf ears. I guess they are saving that obvious reveal for season 2.

That's definitely not the elves son. You couldn't hide that from a bunch of townfolk that hated elves. Also they didn't have a relationship other than him being nice to her. She almost acted surprised that he had a thing for her.

They made the rings because they had to. What other option did they have? Plus all it was was his idea. He wasn't really involved when they were actually making the rings.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:32 PM 10-15-2022
Clay out here trolling. Talking about a spiritual experience from that God awful singing at the end. Being way too much right now. I've never seen him post like this about anything. Such weird vibes coming from him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:34 PM 10-15-2022
Nah, son. This show is just about the most perfect follow up to the trilogy ever.

We know what's going to happen, but seeing it happen in this fashion? Epic.

Not unlike reading the books as a kid, and going to see the movies. COMPLETELY like it, I would say.

That singing rocked. I fell to my knees and started lip-syncing in front of my dog on the couch.

SAURON WALKING INTO MORDOR? That final shot was a literal middle earth orgasm.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 10-15-2022
I am NOT trolling. I love this fucking show. Season 2 is going to be amazing. Wait til that Balrog has his first cup of coffee. Those poor dwarves.
[Reply]
Fish 11:00 PM 10-15-2022
Gotta say I found a lot of disappointment in the finale. They are introducing Gandalf in an era which he was already penned as to not being any part of at that time. They are messing up Galadriel's timeline something fierce, insisting her as an aggressive warrior which at this point is absurdly wrong. They are messing up countless timelines. I wouldn't mind so much if it could make any canonical sense at all. But it doesn't. They are simply changing important historical stuff for the sake of making the reeruned non-Tolkien plot work. Dumb.
[Reply]
Stro39 05:17 AM 10-16-2022
I've seen some neckbeards go off on the interwebz about the song at the end of the episode. I loved it, very well done.

As far as this show not being canon, I mean, that's true but this is a fictional world! It's like arguing about a plot twist in Avengers that wasn't in the comics or whatever.

There is a lot in the Simarillion that is sort of left unsaid, and Galadriel being headstrong is mentioned at one stage (she did follow Feanor into Middle Earth after all) so her being impulsive is not entirely out of character. True in the book/s she always suspected Annatar but Sauron did decieve the elves as HP mentions, he is literally named the Deciever and can change his shape and influence the outlook of others. This is entirely within his MO. It also sets up character development for Galadriel where she becomes the person in the movies, ie a much wiser person.

Also the movies were different in many ways to the source material, its just like with any adaptation you have to pick and choose what way to go.

I thought it was a fantastic adaptation and you can literally see the huge coin they spent on it up on the screen. Visually amazing.
[Reply]
kevrunner 08:24 AM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:

I thought the exact same thing about the kid until one scene where the wind blows the kid’s hair off of his ear for a few seconds and his ear looked normal.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 AM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well just a few episodes ago, Durin and others almost got killed because they were mining it. The LOTR's movies talk about the Dwarves digging too deep and releasing an ancient evil.

He thinks it's dangerous to dig so deep.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
In general, he thought it was too risky for the dwarves to dig so deep. It eventually turns out he was right too because the digging eventually leads to the Balrog destroying their entire society (see LOTR movies).

Well, shit. They're in Moria? I really need to pay more attention..
[Reply]
Fish 11:56 AM 10-16-2022
Did anyone else find it odd that

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up