ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:39 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Screw it. Let's win this shit anyway.
if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:42 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://youtu.be/gAfIQMFVPWA
Oh wow. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:48 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://youtu.be/gAfIQMFVPWA
Seriously?

:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:01 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I know everyone says this - but just because you are a member of a team that plays inside doesn't mean you can't play outside. Alot of it depends on where you grew up. You think these guys didn't play outside in HS? College? It's almost meaningless that the Colts play in a dome.
It doesn't mean they can't. It just means they're not used to it. The hits will be harder, the cuts will be less certain, the speed will be slower and even worse on slippery turf. But biggest of all will be Luck. You can practice three pointers every day. But not the same unless you're moving with a hand in your face. Luck had arm surgery and doesn't have the arm strength mahomes does. And we'll see what timing looks like when you don't have speed turf and when wind impact the ball. Especially if you can't cut a throw the way mahomes does. Mahomes has won in cold and he beat the jags in slop while luck put up a goose eggs vs those same jags in the slop.
[Reply]
farmerchief 02:01 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If the footing is bad, I don't think it favors anyone, personally. It just makes everything really random.
Chiefs need to wear all white! Hill would be so fast they couldn't see him to cover him!:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:06 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
Looking at the current radar it appears it will be done snowing in the next hour.
The weather dudes have no idea - i've heard about 4 different scenarios now. I believe none of them.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 02:22 PM 01-12-2019

*clears throat*

Alexa, play “Do you want to build a snowman?” pic.twitter.com/3nZo0DV4i2

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 12, 2019

[Reply]
BWillie 02:55 PM 01-12-2019
The field is heated - it won't stick to the field.

Well, it is.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 02:56 PM 01-12-2019
still snowing?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:56 PM 01-12-2019

Well, it is.
Looks fairly clear right now.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 03:06 PM 01-12-2019

Well, it is.
Field looks fine on tv.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 03:10 PM 01-12-2019

Get HYPED‼️ #LetsRoll pic.twitter.com/XfYnWyHT28

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 12, 2019

[Reply]
DTVietnam 03:11 PM 01-12-2019
I dont like this answer: (hopefully he was being sarcastic or taken out of context)

I just asked @Chiefs WR @cheetah in the tunnel, what do you think about this weather man? His response, “the worst”. ❄️�� pic.twitter.com/GT3zohv0b4

— StaceyDales (@StaceyDales) January 12, 2019

[Reply]
BWillie 03:12 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
I dont like this answer:

How is it not the worst? It's really bad for our skillset. Why can't people acknowledge it - I have on idea.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 03:16 PM 01-12-2019
How is it not the worst? It's really bad for our skillset. Why can't people acknowledge it - I have on idea.
sounds like a defeatist mindset
he knows his route the DB boes not...he should use it to his advantage

but we know one of our WR is snow ready:

Sammy Watkins played 50 of 52 snaps in a snow-filled Week 14, making him trustworthy going forward. pic.twitter.com/1K6MEIitak

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) December 12, 2016

[Reply]
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Up