ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
dj56dt58 04:54 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in football. I bet they are chomping at the bit for this one. As it gets colder, as it gets wetter - advantage to superior offensive line and run schemes.
It will be over 50 degrees on the field
[Reply]
deadman 04:59 PM 01-11-2019
You guys are cursed.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
carcosa 05:02 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It is both.
YOU'RE both!!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 05:02 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
You guys are cursed.

GO AWAY!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:03 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
http://ethics.npr.org/memos-from-mem...g-or-champing/

The AP says “champ at the bit” is “the original and better form.”

But, Webster’s adds that “chomp at the bit” is a variation.

What’s more, no less an authority than William Safire weighed in 31 years ago, saying that “to spell it champing at the bit when most people would say chomping at the bit is to slavishly follow outdated dictionary preferences.”
Chomping at the bit is like using literally to mean figuratively. People have used it wrong so many times that they added it to the dictionary.

Language evolves mostly because dumbshits pronounce it incorrectly.

It's CHAMPING and if you've ever been around horses you'd think anybody who says otherwise is a moron.

Fig. A

Please direct your attention to the bit. Notice how it is behind the teeth. This makes actually chomping the bit impossible.

I'm literally dying of Tree Aids every time I see this written wrong.
[Reply]
deadman 05:05 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
GO AWAY!!!!!!!
I'll be on to New England Sunday.

[Reply]
RealSNR 05:08 PM 01-11-2019
The field conditions for Patrick Mahomes to unleash holy hell on this Colts defense will be just fine. Hope just a little bit of moisture and bite lingers in the air to make Luck uncomfortable.

The only thing I'm sort of worried about is all the fans being able to show up at the game. If even a couple hundred decide to say "fuck it" due to weather, that shaves off just enough home energy so that Arrowhead gets downgraded from fucking house of mayhem to "ehh... it's pretty loud, I guess"
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 01-11-2019

And we'll be on to hosting the Chargers in the AFC Championship.

DUMBASS!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:14 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The field conditions for Patrick Mahomes to unleash holy hell on this Colts defense will be just fine. Hope just a little bit of moisture and bite lingers in the air to make Luck uncomfortable.

The only thing I'm sort of worried about is all the fans being able to show up at the game. If even a couple hundred decide to say "fuck it" due to weather, that shaves off just enough home energy so that Arrowhead gets downgraded from fucking house of mayhem to "ehh... it's pretty loud, I guess"
Offered free tickets in the lower bowl to some friends of mine since they didn't buy them after being season ticket holders this year.

They declined because of the weather.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:27 PM 01-11-2019

St. Louis braces for a major snow storm and possible lizard attacks. pic.twitter.com/aZjjwsfa1I

— Doug Vaughn (@DougVaughn_KMOV) January 11, 2019

You know what this means...

Somebody's active.

[Reply]
PHOG 05:33 PM 01-11-2019

For some clam chowder? Because the football game will be in Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:39 PM 01-11-2019
Sooo 5 inches total?
[Reply]
carcosa 05:48 PM 01-11-2019

lol ok
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:52 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
We're getting quite a bit in CoMo. Roads are already terrible.
OMG you live near a White Castle!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:54 PM 01-11-2019

This guy is so NON worried about this game that he can't leave here.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up