ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 240
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
We're in year 7 of Reid's tenure with the Chiefs and there are still some people slapping each other on the back about winning the division as if that were some kind of super awesome benchmark instead of something that by all rights should be damned well expected for a division as weak as the AFCW and a coach of Reid's years and experience.

The Martyism is beginning to take hold.
Actually, we're not.

We're merely stating the division looks to be pretty secure, and this team is suffering a few lumps right now, due to injury, that are fine as long as we are in position and healthy in January.

Bill Walsh didn't go 13-3 every year.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:14 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hahaha, dipstick, that was the point; you shouldn't need to teach a dog to shit outside. Haley was that irrelevant . . .
Right. That's why Haley turned DJ into an All-Pro by benching him and publicly calling him out. DJ was a chronic underachiever before that.

Dbowe sucked before AND after Haley. He was an All-Pro while Haley was here.

Jamaal Charles was never more efficient than he was in 2010.

Matt Cassel's stats almost resembled those of an actual NFL QB while Haley was here

That's why the team went from overachieving with Haley to a 2-14 AIDS-suicide dumpster fire with Crennel.

I understand not liking Haley as a person, or what he represented and the era of Chiefs football he was a part of, Pioli-stink and all. Hey, no one hated Pioli more than me; it's what brought me here.

But only a full-on mongoloid with no football acumen whatsoever thinks that Haley was 'irrelevant' and can't coach. Make no mistake about it - dude CAN coach 'em up. Ask Larry Fitzgerald. Ask Antonio Brown. Ask Le'Veon Bell. Look what happened to the Steelers after he left. Look what happened to the Cardinals after he left. Dude was co-coordinator with Sean Payton under Parcells. I'm sure Parcells didn't hire Haley because he was 'irrelevant'. You ****ing slapdick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:27 PM 10-30-2019
Yeah, let's look at that Chiefs stint:

Sept. 2011, Haley decides to play his starters in the final preseason game. Tight end Tony Moeaki, a crucial piece of the team's 2011 offensive plans, injured his knee at the beginning of the second quarter and was ruled out for the remainder of the season. In a game played mostly by the Chiefs starters and the Packers' backups, the Chiefs lost, 20–19, leading many[who?] to question Haley's decision to use his best players late into the game.

Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel broke his hand during a week 11 game vs. the Denver Broncos. He was replaced by Tyler Palko, and had surgery on the injured hand on November 14. On November 21, Cassel was placed on injured reserve, ending his season. Palko proved to be inadequate as a backup to a merely serviceable Cassel, leading many[who?] to question how a team with legitimate playoff hopes entering the 2011 season had remained so thin at so many key positions during the off-season, especially at quarterback and safety, where the Chiefs' lack of depth was more than woeful.

The 2011 season began with three losses, including two blow-outs to Detroit and Buffalo. The team appeared to regroup, winning four straight games, before losing the next 5 of 6, including a complete team collapse in Haley's final game against the New York Jets. Late in that game Haley was flagged for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, allowing the Jets to complete a touchdown drive that ultimately put the game out of reach.

LOOK AT THE GENIUS RIGHT THERE. Game's not decided yet, here let me get flagged so I can make sure my team can't win the game! Yes, please, let's have more of that!

Haley was fired on December 12, 2011, after leading his team to a 5–8 record during the 2011 NFL season.

If Haley was so great, why isn't he in the league? Why doesn't he have a coaching tree? Why did he keep getting fired?

By the way, Haley's record as the HC of the Chiefs? 19-26, 0.420 winning record.

Yea, and there was much rejoicing . . .

Yeah, no thanks, and good riddance.

P.S. that basically means that Haley would have less than a coin flip's chance of successfully teaching a dog to shit outside . . .
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:40 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Actually, we're not.

We're merely stating the division looks to be pretty secure, and this team is suffering a few lumps right now, due to injury, that are fine as long as we are in position and healthy in January.

Bill Walsh didn't go 13-3 every year.
Bill Walsh created an ENTIRELY NEW system of offense, had multiple titles to his name, and understood that the play clock wasn't some abstract decoration on the scoreboard.

Andy Reid is merely a by-product of Walsh's greatness, not a peer.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Bill Walsh created an ENTIRELY NEW system of offense, had multiple titles to his name, and understood that the play clock wasn't some abstract decoration on the scoreboard.

Andy Reid is merely a by-product of Walsh's greatness, not a peer.
Yes, we know this.

Doesn't change the fact that he went 10-6 a few times.

It's OK for the Chiefs to lose a couple games this year. Doesn't mean shit. Just like Marty's glittering regular season records.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:54 PM 10-30-2019
Yeah, let's look at that Chiefs stint:

Sept. 2011, Haley decides to play his starters in the final preseason game. Tight end Tony Moeaki, a crucial piece of the team's 2011 offensive plans, injured his knee at the beginning of the second quarter and was ruled out for the remainder of the season. In a game played mostly by the Chiefs starters and the Packers' backups, the Chiefs lost, 20–19, leading many[who?] to question Haley's decision to use his best players late into the game
The guy was nicknamed "Brokeaki". Because he was ALWAYS hurt.

2nd point, that was the year of the players strike in the offseason. He was trying to get his players conditioned. Not saying right or wrong, but injuries happen, and they happened early in the 2011 for several key Chiefs...

Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel broke his hand during a week 11 game vs. the Denver Broncos. He was replaced by Tyler Palko, and had surgery on the injured hand on November 14. On November 21, Cassel was placed on injured reserve, ending his season. Palko proved to be inadequate as a backup to a merely serviceable Cassel, leading many[who?] to question how a team with legitimate playoff hopes entering the 2011 season had remained so thin at so many key positions during the off-season, especially at quarterback and safety, where the Chiefs' lack of depth was more than woeful.
You DO know that the GM was the one who signed players at that time, right?

That was ALL Scott Pioli, you dumb ****.

Did you know that the biggest source of friction between Pioli and Haley going in to 2011 was the QB? Namely, Haley wanted Matt Hasselbeck and an open competition for the starting job in 2011. He felt Cassel just wasn't good enough. There were straight screaming matches in the front office over it.

Guess you never heard about that, didjya?

Pioli was in no way going to put anyone on the roster who could threaten Cassel's starting position, he was THAT tied to Cassel, so...Tyler Palko was the backup BECAUSE he was terrible.

You even bringing that up proves how little you know about what the **** you're talking about, when it comes to Haley, the Chiefs, and basically, football in general. Megatran. Sexual. 96.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:55 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes, we know this.

Doesn't change the fact that he went 10-6 a few times.

It's OK for the Chiefs to lose a couple games this year. Doesn't mean shit. Just like Marty's glittering regular season records.
Marty and Andy are basically the same person, as far as I can see.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:02 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The guy was nicknamed "Brokeaki". Because he was ALWAYS hurt.

2nd point, that was the year of the players strike in the offseason. He was trying to get his players conditioned. Not saying right or wrong, but injuries happen, and they happened early in the 2011 for several key Chiefs...

You DO know that the GM was the one who signed players at that time, right?

That was ALL Scott Pioli, you dumb ****.

Did you know that the biggest source of friction between Pioli and Haley going in to 2011 was the QB? Namely, Haley wanted Matt Hasselbeck and an open competition for the starting job in 2011. He felt Cassel just wasn't good enough. There were straight screaming matches in the front office over it.

Guess you never heard about that, didjya?

Pioli was in no way going to put anyone on the roster who could threaten Cassel's starting position, he was THAT tied to Cassel, so...Tyler Palko was the backup BECAUSE he was terrible.

You even bringing that up proves how little you know about what the **** you're talking about, when it comes to Haley, the Chiefs, and basically, football in general. Megatran. Sexual. 96.
Hahaha, doesn't explain his behavior in the Jets game.

Doesn't explain his record.

Doesn't explain why he can't keep a job.

Etc. and so on.

But you keep doing you, sweetheart. You wear it almost as well as "Looney-Tune" Haley himself.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:03 PM 10-30-2019
:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:12 PM 10-30-2019
Hahaha, doesn't explain his behavior in the Jets game.
It does if you had read the Kent Babb article that came out right before the Jets game.

You ****ing know-nothing jabberbox of a blithering idiot.

Doesn't explain his record.
It absolutely does. In fact, he did very well for the pile of dogshit he had at QB and the bag of assholes he had for a GM.

He manufactured wins in spite of his team.

Doesn't explain why he can't keep a job.
He was OC for the Steelers for 6 years, longer than most NFL assistants, and their offense took a giant nosedive as soon as he left.

Etc. and so on.
Yes, you are Megatrans96 and have cognitive dissonance combined with a sheer lack of knowledge about anything you talk about, etc and so on.
But you keep doing you, sweetheart. You wear almost as well as "Looney-Tune" Haley himself.
You keep coming back for more.
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:16 PM 10-30-2019
Pat Mahomes is enough to hide Andy's flaws most of the time, one of the reasons am very excited about Mahomes and Reid together. I think they can get the most out of each other and win. He's a great coach with a big problem. He doesn't pay attention to wtf is going on in the game. With Mahomes being out you got your typical Andy Reid Alex Smith game we used to see over and over. Winnable but chocked away by shitty game management.

Mahomes being sidelined has got the wind out of my sails, this team won't win shit without him and even missing him for 2-3 games takes a dump all over this season.

We will lose every game he's not in because we have no defense. Defense is improving but won't be good enough this year. Andy not shit canning Sutton the year before cost us big time. I knew it last year and it is showing again. Now we are seeing it all crumble because the worst happened and Mahomes got hurt. Offense is capable partly because of Andy but ultimately he will find a way to fuck it up.

Throw on all the other injuries and it gets worse.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:18 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
:-)
What?

Both of them successful before they got here but never won a Super Bowl despite being close in previous stops, both turned around the culture of the Chiefs and were/are perennial playoff contenders, both got the Chiefs to an AFCCG that resulted in a heartbreaking loss...

There's a lot of parallels between the two, if you're looking for them.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:43 PM 10-30-2019
The only difference is that one coach is a defensive coach, and the other is an offensive-minded coach.

Losing games? Yeah it happens. Losing in the same fashion repeatedly because you can't identify or fathom that you have some issues that need to be worked on or removed entirely? Not acceptable.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:47 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Pat Mahomes is enough to hide Andy's flaws most of the time, one of the reasons am very excited about Mahomes and Reid together. I think they can get the most out of each other and win. He's a great coach with a big problem. He doesn't pay attention to wtf is going on in the game. With Mahomes being out you got your typical Andy Reid Alex Smith game we used to see over and over. Winnable but chocked away by shitty game management.

Mahomes being sidelined has got the wind out of my sails, this team won't win shit without him and even missing him for 2-3 games takes a dump all over this season.

We will lose every game he's not in because we have no defense. Defense is improving but won't be good enough this year. Andy not shit canning Sutton the year before cost us big time. I knew it last year and it is showing again. Now we are seeing it all crumble because the worst happened and Mahomes got hurt. Offense is capable partly because of Andy but ultimately he will find a way to fuck it up.

Throw on all the other injuries and it gets worse.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry too much. Prior to the start of this Mahomes-free run of games, I was assured that Andy Reid is the undisputed King of turning shit QB's in to winning Shine-ola!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:03 PM 10-30-2019
So an alcoholic dead beat dad, meth addict and guy with anger issues thinks Andy Reid sucks as a football coach. What a collection there.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 240
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228 > Last »
Up