ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2044 of 2688
« First < 1044154419441994203420402041204220432044 20452046204720482054209421442544 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Josh Allen at #2 is ****ing retarded.
Regular season Allen might be somewhat in the ballpark. Playoff Allen no way.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:37 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
In terms of physical skill set, he might be better than Rodgers already.

Simms' reasoning for putting Allen ahead of Rodgers is that he doesn't know that Rodgers could've done with that Buffalo team what Allen had done and still held up over the season.

Rodgers is his favorite Qb of all time, but still think that Allen, at this point in time, has a better physical skill set. Rodgers couldn't have added the rushing dimension that Allen brought for example.
He doesn't have the accuracy for me to put him ahead of Rodgers personally, but I understand everything else.

He's like 6'5" 240 or something which is perfect size. His arm is probably stronger than Mahomes'. He can run like a gazelle. Physically speaking, you can't ask for a much better specimen.

If he can continue to work on his accuracy, processing and learning when to slide, he could be elite for a long time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:38 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Regular season Allen might be somewhat in the ballpark. Playoff Allen no way.
This is a shitty way to gauge, though, since the sample size is so small.

It's like saying Super Bowl Mahomes isn't a top 5 QB.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:42 AM 07-06-2021
Allen's lack of accuracy alone should keep him out of the top 5. When making a "best QB" list, I couldn't care less about his rushing, for the same reason I don't care about Lamar Jackson's rushing.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:48 AM 07-06-2021
There is a lot more to being a QB than accuracy (granted, accuracy is probably the most important trait on my list). Allen excels in just about every other QB trait category including the intangibles. He’s dynamic and a true dual threat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:48 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If last year is any indication on his future, Josh Allen is fucking nasty. He's not on Mahomes' level (and certainly not better than Aaron Rodgers), but he was definitely a top 5 QB last year.
Heard the same shit about Lamar Jackson.

Justin Herbert could be fucking nasty. And if he ever gets a team and a franchise around him, I think Joe Burrow could be fucking nasty.

Josh Allen? No.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:49 AM 07-06-2021

That could be true based on sample size but Super Bowl Mahomes has also been run for his life Mahomes while people drop passes that hit them in the facemask.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:57 AM 07-06-2021

It's also kind of important. You go with the sample size you have. Some players rise to the occasion, many don't.

I've long thought one of the edges great coaches have over average coaches is they value playoff performance more. Eyeball test of if a player seems to lose confidence in the biggest moments is just as important as sample size imo. Think Paul George missing those two free throws that might have cost them the series.

Also Superbowl Mahomes never lost his cool, spazzed out, tried to lateral a ball mid-play when it made zero sense to do so, then sat on the sidelines staring into the abyss afterwards. I think Allen can grind his way up to being a decent playoff QB. But he'll never be an elite playoff QB imo. He just doesn't have it in him.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:06 AM 07-06-2021
Josh Allen is off the charts in the DITH playoff intangible.... Deer In The Headlights.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:33 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
There is a lot more to being a QB than accuracy (granted, accuracy is probably the most important trait on my list). Allen excels in just about every other QB trait category including the intangibles. He’s dynamic and a true dual threat.

This is why I'm picking up Fields in dynasty. Accuracy in a Reid offense with those weapons? I'm not sure why anyone thinks Fields won't be great.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:45 AM 07-06-2021
I’ll take Brady over Allen in any random playoff game right now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:48 AM 07-06-2021
Josh Allen has played 4 playoff games. He shit the bed in 3 of them.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:49 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is why I'm picking up Fields in dynasty. Accuracy in a Reid offense with those weapons? I'm not sure why anyone thinks Fields won't be great.
I had Fields ahead of Lawrence but Nagy is a mess.

Fields fans should pray he gets fired this year.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:53 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It's also kind of important. You go with the sample size you have. Some players rise to the occasion, many don't.

I've long thought one of the edges great coaches have over average coaches is they value playoff performance more. Eyeball test of if a player seems to lose confidence in the biggest moments is just as important as sample size imo. Think Paul George missing those two free throws that might have cost them the series.

Also Superbowl Mahomes never lost his cool, spazzed out, tried to lateral a ball mid-play when it made zero sense to do so, then sat on the sidelines staring into the abyss afterwards. I think Allen can grind his way up to being a decent playoff QB. But he'll never be an elite playoff QB imo. He just doesn't have it in him.

Yeah Allen isn’t in the same stratosphere as Mahomes when we’re talking clutch/ playoff pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crispystl 11:55 AM 07-06-2021
Also I don’t know if this has been mentioned but seriously Mahomes is the f’ing MAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2044 of 2688
« First < 1044154419441994203420402041204220432044 20452046204720482054209421442544 > Last »
Up