ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 247
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:42 PM 11-24-2022
I remember when Justin Houston had a "sprained knee" in 2015.

Narrator: "It wasn't a sprained knee..."
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 09:44 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s a 4-quarter game and he put 27 points on them with a 113/158 passer rating and 82/100 QBR despite the late game INT. He didn’t have much trouble with them and I don’t think Burrow will have much trouble with them either.
You’re right, it is a 4 quarter game, and in the two most important quarters he managed just one scoring drive and a game clinching INT against a young secondary in a must win game. I’d say that qualifies as at least a little bit of trouble.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:44 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Select posters wanted him gone. Much different than a lot. Those are the usual cast who complain about everything.
Yeah, most people understand we have a top flight DC, this year being his best work since the Super Bowl year when he turned that D into a force by season’s end.

I give a lot of credit to Cullen as well for the improved line play and pass rush.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I remember when Justin Houston had a "sprained knee" in 2015.

Narrator: "It wasn't a sprained knee..."
Sprained knees don’t usually get carted off looking utterly dejected.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:52 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s a team game. Herbert took the lead with 1:45 on the clock. Mahomes did MVP stuff to steal the victory, but Herbert played very well. You could say Herbert’s defense let him down at the end, similar to KC’s defense allowing late game TD drives by the Colts & Buffalo.
At some point, teams/QBs/offenses are going to have to adapt and change conventional wisdom when playing Mahomes. They're going to have to fucking realize that this motherfucker is going to rip your heart out if you give him the opportunity. And it's not enough for your offense just to operate and do its thing and not worry about when it scores, only that it scores.

There's no such thing as "Well, if we could just play defense, then..." Not when it comes to Mahomes in these kinds of situations.

It's a team game? Well, the entire team is trying to get the W against Patrick Mahomes, and if you want that actual fucking W, you're going to have to do things to support both sides of the ball. And given what is on the other side of the field, it's just as irresponsible for the offense to score with 1:45 left on the clock and tell the defense, "Just stop him" as it is for the defense to fuck up all game and tell the offense to score on every possession.

By scoring there at 1:45, the offense wasn't setting the defense up for success.

That's not playing like a team.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:57 PM 11-24-2022
At some point, teams/QBs/offenses are going to have to adapt and change conventional wisdom when playing Mahomes. They're going to have to fucking realize that this motherfucker is going to rip your heart out if you give him the opportunity. And it's not enough for your offense just to operate and do its thing and not worry about when it scores, only that it scores.

There's no such thing as "Well, if we could just play defense, then..." Not when it comes to Mahomes in these kinds of situations.

It's a team game? Well, the entire team is trying to get the W against Patrick Mahomes, and if you want that actual fucking W, you're going to have to do things to support both sides of the ball. And given what is on the other side of the field, it's just as irresponsible for the offense to score with 1:45 left on the clock and tell the defense, "Just stop him" as it is for the defense to fuck up all game and tell the offense to score on every possession.

By scoring there at 1:45, the offense wasn't setting the defense up for success.

Yes, the Chargers scored too fast. It was the only positive aspect of the Chiefs allowing a 40 yard play on that 3rd and 18 situation. When they got inside the red zone, I expected Chargers to run more clock but they scored very quick.

In terms of strategy, I remember Belichick altered strategy in a big way against Peyton Manning back in the day. Went for it on 4th down deep in his own territory and it didn’t work. But it was the ultimate sign of respect to Manning.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:58 PM 11-24-2022

Scoring with that much time on the clock was the death knell. Patrick can beat you in 13 seconds, a minute 45?? He’ll give you enough time to shoot yourself in the foot. The DL is playing at an elite level which we didn’t have the players to do last year. I just don’t see a way KC loses another game before next season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:05 PM 11-24-2022

Yeah, I just don't understand what people expect from defenses these days.... it's not the 90s. Being flabbergasted over a team converting a 3rd and 18 just doesn't compute anymore.

Sure, you don't want Sorensen-level of suck and blown coverage out there, but on that particular play the Chargers converted, it was still a pretty damn nice catch, just like Chase last season on the 3rd and 27.

You're really just asking your defense to not be historically terrible..... don't give up 250 rushing yards to the Ravens, don't allow a receiver to just run straight up the field and be college open.

If you're providing a little resistance to the best offenses in the league, you're doing your job.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:08 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
All I can say is our DL is getting a lot more sacks than last year. There’s gonna be quite a bit more pressure on him this time. We don’t have Sorenson/Nieman/Hughes/Money Badger anymore for them to target over and over again. Also the Chargers are a division opponent who knows us about as good as any team. Division games are always tougher. I have nothing but faith in Mahomes beating the Bengals next Sunday. I’m positive it’s something he won’t let happen again. Patrick is gonna go beast mode.
I’d be surprised if this isn’t the game Mahomes circled in his head when the schedule was released. I doubt there’s a game on the schedule that he and Kelce want more. That doesn’t guarantee anything, and it’s possible the defense gets abused, but I think Mahomes is going to be dialed in like the Tampa game.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:11 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
top 3 defense but they are ranked 13th?
called it before the season

i deserve massive props in this thread
[Reply]
DRM08 10:12 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’d be surprised if this isn’t the game Mahomes circled in his head when the schedule was released. I doubt there’s a game on the schedule that he and Kelce want more. That doesn’t guarantee anything, and it’s possible the defense gets abused, but I think Mahomes is going to be dialed in like the Tampa game.
Need the OL to show up ready to play. Would be nice if Coach Reid shows more willingness to run the ball against Cincy as well.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:13 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Exactly. The whole team knows how much this win means to the cornerstone. They won’t be denied.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:16 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Bro, cmon now. Are you going to pretend like every other teams fans don’t do the exact same thing when their team loses a game they should have easily won? I’m sure if we were to look back at a few of the devastating losses any team has had, their fans are calling for the heads of one of the members of the coaching staff.
True. I want all of the Bills coaches fired most of the time lol. They drive me nuts.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:20 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
True. I want all of the Bills coaches fired most of the time lol. They drive me nuts.
It’s the nature of the game. We all dweet. Hmu when you’re back in town and over your sickness. Looking forward to having drinks with you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 11-24-2022
looks like josh's arm/elbow is improving...he wasn't even attempting throws over 30 yards the previous two games

i expect josh to absolutely lay waste to the rest of the afc east starting in 10 days

[Reply]
Page 120 of 247
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up