ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Okay, so what *is* your plan for the 2023 passrush?
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:17 PM 12-08-2022
Our pass rush is considerably better this year from last in both pressures and sacks. We definitely aren't there yet, but give this young secondary another year and add a quality edge rusher and we could be top 3rd...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:53 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Our pass rush is considerably better this year from last in both pressures and sacks. We definitely aren't there yet, but give this young secondary another year and add a quality edge rusher and we could be top 3rd...
Most of that is blitzes.

It's not from the front four.

We had a high 'pressure rate' last year, and still weren't getting home.

The front four is slightly better this year, but Sneed, and Gay, and Bolton, etc. all have sacks and pressures in there too.

I expect Karlaftis to continue to improve, and Jones will be Jones. We need one more minimum that can consistently beat one on one blocking.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:39 PM 12-09-2022
Yannick Ngakoue and one of the vets along the lines of what Engram and Dunlap have been for us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 PM 12-09-2022
Watt would be a better 5th DE than Kaindoh or Herring has been.

Ngakoue
Karlaftis
Rookie
Danna
Watt
[Reply]
JPH83 02:34 AM 12-10-2022
I think I'd still rather a younger possibly cheaper guy alongside a vet. Someone like Omenihu or Okoronkwo and then a DT who can stuff then run. Then a DE in the first 2 rounds
[Reply]
RunKC 12:26 PM 12-12-2022
Extend Chris Jones. Then I would go after Yannick Ngakoue and Charles Omenihu or Arden Key in wave 2 (we looked at both). Then draft the best rusher we can in the first or 2nd rd, be it DE or interior
[Reply]
Stryker 08:43 PM 12-13-2022
McShay has this for us...Early mock

30. Kansas City Chiefs (10-3)
Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

The Chiefs pieced together an effective pass-rush this season, but 17 of their 42 sacks have come on blitzes. Carlos Dunlap is under contract for only this season, and Chris Jones and Frank Clark are set to be free agents after next season. Kansas City drafted George Karlaftis in Round 1 in April, but it needs more. Verse overwhelms blockers with his speed and power and is disruptive in the backfield (14 tackles for loss). Alternatively, Kansas City has both starting offensive tackles unsigned after this season, and it could still use more receiving options, so either of those positions could warrant a look.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:54 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
McShay has this for us...Early mock

30. Kansas City Chiefs (10-3)
Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

The Chiefs pieced together an effective pass-rush this season, but 17 of their 42 sacks have come on blitzes. Carlos Dunlap is under contract for only this season, and Chris Jones and Frank Clark are set to be free agents after next season. Kansas City drafted George Karlaftis in Round 1 in April, but it needs more. Verse overwhelms blockers with his speed and power and is disruptive in the backfield (14 tackles for loss). Alternatively, Kansas City has both starting offensive tackles unsigned after this season, and it could still use more receiving options, so either of those positions could warrant a look.
would.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:25 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
would.
Ditto. Need that explosiveness on the DL. Would be a good pick imo.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 12-14-2022
would.
Of the guys likely to be available in the last 3rd of the 1st round, I think Verse is my favorite of them. Finding a guy to add some quick twitch speed to the DL while also still having the power to make Spagnuolo want him isn't the easiest thing to do, especially where the Chiefs are usually drafting.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:09 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Of the guys likely to be available in the last 3rd of the 1st round, I think Verse is my favorite of them. Finding a guy to add some quick twitch speed to the DL while also still having the power to make Spagnuolo want him isn't the easiest thing to do, especially where the Chiefs are usually drafting.
My dark horse is Andre Carter; I'm sure Spags looks at this kid and sees Michael Strahan.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:18 AM 12-14-2022
My dark horse is Andre Carter; I'm sure Spags looks at this kid and sees Michael Strahan.
I like him a lot, too. It seems like his stock has tumbled a bit over the course of the season. If he tests like he could, that might reverse in a hurry.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:00 AM 12-30-2022
I really like Andre Carter too! Here's my plan for the DL...

RD 1 - DT Byran Breese, 6-5 305 lbs (If he falls somehow to 15-20 due to ACL)
RD 2 - DE Tuli Tuipuloto, 6-4 290 lbs
RD 3 - Traded Up in 1st

or

RD 1 - DE Andre Carter, 6-7 260
RD 2 - RT Dawond Jones, 6-8 358
RD 3 - DT Keenan Benton, 6-4 315

By the metrics this DL isn't as bad as we all thought, add a couple guys and they could become really solid. My #1 guy, outside of Will Anderson on a miracle, would probably be DT Byron Bresee if he somehow falls to the 15-20 range due to his ACL injury. But with 15.5 sacks under his belt last year I really love Andrew Carter as our new speed rusher opposite of Furious George! Or how about Tuli Tuipuloto!? Guy's got some serious speed at 290 lbs! Spending a 2nd to sure up our RT spot would be nice, and then maybe pray that a quality DL somehow falls to the 3rd where we'd likely have to move up to pick him. Tag OBJ, he's PFF's highest graded tackle in pass blocking over the last 6 weeks. We're currently top 3 SB contenders with him, give it one more year. If we can pull off the above then we have the luxury of moving up for a replacement LT next year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 PM 12-29-2022
Yeah I don’t care for this LT class once you get past the kid from Ohio state

There’s some developmental guys there but I dunno if any of those are trade up insert day 1 guys
[Reply]
Stryker 10:27 PM 12-29-2022
Just a ? Why did OBJ get a Pro Bowl vote? I am being serious here - I actually do not get it :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up