ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>COVID Memo from the NFL
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 07-22-2021

Here’s more from today’s memo, which also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner. Wow. pic.twitter.com/Q86a2WcG1K

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:56 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
same here in my childhood. Same scar. We were willing to permanently scar our kindergarteners to get vaccines or no public school for your kid. My son had to have them all done and verified before starting kindergarten. As an adult I had to find my childhood vaccine record to get my first passport.
Good grief man slow your roll. I have a barely visible scar on my arm like most people. Its not like they are throwing acid in your face to give you the smallpox vaccine.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:03 PM 07-22-2021
So there is a penalty for players that are unvaccinated, but shouldnt there be the same penalty for any team with an outbreak as we now know its quite possible to contract it again?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:03 PM 07-22-2021
Funny that these guys have no issue pumping themselves full of Toradol and destroying their kidneys, but ask them to get a vaccine and they lose their fucking minds.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:04 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The Pox vaccine WORKED. It prevented the illness.

This doesn't. It's not a cure. It only helps your body recognize and fight it faster. If every single human on earth had this vaccine it wouldn't prevent anything other than overall mortality.

My life is not as important as everyone else's freedom. Neither is yours. And it's not worth sacrificing the future for.
mmr did not work. I got Mumps when I was a kid.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:06 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If the NFL determined that making the players wear dresses would be good for its bank accounts in the short and long term, it would do exactly that.

This is nothing for them. So I don't know why you're so ****ing surprised and outraged by it. You're the basketcase who always says, "Follow the money!!"
I guess this thread really illustrates those that gravitate to an authoritarian lifestyle...which is fine until it becomes authoritarian for everyone.

I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat.

C19 has put a lot of stress on people...to the point they arent thinking rationally anymore.

This disease would have to be 20xs more deadly to even entertain these drastic measures...and the vaccine 100% effective and properly vetted.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:09 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat.
Then find another job. Simple as that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:11 PM 07-22-2021
No, the problem is an employer forcing you to inject a substance into your body by financial coercion...because that is exactly what this is.

Dont sugercoat or rationalize...It's an extremely dangerous precedent to accept...no matter if it's football or any other system.

It's worth noting that there is no legal recourse/protection if said vaccination causes you complications....AND that it technically is still not FDA approved...which means it's classified as "experimental". This is their terminology..

If people accept this...they really need to think it through as it opens all kinds worms.
Surely you can see the irony and normalcy of our system in this post. You can change money and vaccine and see that indentured servitude is all about the same.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:13 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Funny that these guys have no issue pumping themselves full of Toradol and destroying their kidneys, but ask them to get a vaccine and they lose their fucking minds.
This needs to be talked about more as responses to these players.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:14 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Funny that these guys have no issue pumping themselves full of Toradol and destroying their kidneys, but ask them to get a vaccine and they lose their ****ing minds.
:-)
[Reply]
flinchfree 07:14 PM 07-22-2021
Interesting takes in here...

From a pragmatic standpoint...I'm trying to get the "end game" from the NFLs point of view.

1. Any NFL employee who wanted the vaccination has already had it...those that haven't, did by choice.

2. If said vaccine doesn't prevent catching or transferring...only lessens the severity, then everyone who took it is protected...as well as they can be.

3. If only unvaccinated people were able to spread it...this might make more sense. That is not the case...vaccinated people can spread it the same. It doesn't shield you from catching it..

4. So essentially nothing changes if they are vaccinated or not...only the ones who chose not to... might develop more serious effects.

So what exactly are they being punished for again? It seems logic has flown out the window here...

They are trying to paint it as vaccinated people dont spread it...which is false and the unvaccinated people are lepers...killing the herd.
Problem is again, your premise is incorrect.

Vaccinated individuals have lower viral loads while infected with Covid, which does 2 things.

Firstly, you get better - kill off the virus in your body - more quickly, which means the period of time you can infect others is shortened.

Secondly, the level of viral load in a given space affects the likelihood of you contracting (catching) Covid. It is why health professionals in hospital wards can still contract the virus while wearing significant protective equipment. Thankfully by getting the vaccine they are now able to continue working to save the asses of all those who can't be effed doing the right thing through pure preventative measures.

To summarize, if you are LESS sick and carrying LESS of a viral load of Covid while you are infected and recuperating, you are LESS likely to spread the disease to others.

Even amongst the vaccinated some will still get infected and some will still pass it along to others, but the RATES and effect on the wider human population is overwhelmingly positive if people take these immuno boosting pharmaceuticals.
That is what the NFL is banking (literally) on.
The games will be able to continue being played as a sufficiency of the teams players will be available, and the fans will pay for their enjoyment of said games.

BTW, you can have a small enough infection from Covid and NOT produce a positive test result to the disease. By taking the vaccine you are massively reducing the viral load you are carrying if in fact you do contract Covid, and may well both have it and recuperate from it without it ever showing in a test.

That's the cherry for the NFL and what would allow the season to be completed should it's teams cooperate on this mandate.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:16 PM 07-22-2021
I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat..
Do you have health insurance through your employer?
[Reply]
unlurking 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
This message has been deleted by unlurking. Reason: Fuck you assholes, I'm staying out of this.
BlackOp 07:18 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Do you have health insurance through your employer?
not by threat...and they arent requiring to inject me with something I dont want.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:21 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Problem is again, your premise is incorrect.
I'm trying to keep this as politically free as possible...but you might what to check in on whats happening in Israel.

Hard to tell what is "correct' at this time...what I know is fundamentally incorrect is injection by coercion.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:21 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Smallpox killed 500 MILLION people. But the majority of Americans don’t even know that disease or word. Why? We eliminated it through childhood vaccines.
Yes AFTER the pandemic was over. I think it is important to draw that distinction.

Vaccines have never been used to stop a novel virus/disease. The unintended consequences are unknown at best. We do know of many different outcomes that might be negative. But just like the potential positive of the vaccine, the negative potential exists.

I'm willing to admit when the data is there long term if it turns out to be a success. However science is about challenging the status quo. And I believe there to be ample evidence that it could be having a negative impact. Plus I can just wait and I'm not putting you in danger at all...... You choose to go into the world. Accept the risk and understand my freedoms are given to me by god. The Constitution of the United States makes this very clear through out. The bill of rights are "Recognized" rights, not granted. They have always existed for every freeman. The governments only job to to defend those rights from ever being eliminated.

What drives me nuts about it is this distinction between vaccinated and not. Them not being vaccinated makes no difference if the vaccine doesn't stop infection. (which it is showing it doesn't). But this concept of acceptable racism toward black people because they hesitate to trust the government.....

Many citizens have "Trusted" their government. And history is a closed loop with the sheer amount of times humans have allowed themselves to be led to the slaughter. (not saying the vaccine is meant to kill you) But we are sheep overall, and I dont believe the vaccine protects me or my loved ones. And none of us are in a risk group. So we are not going to take it anytime soon. So in closing I just want to thank everyone who has taken the vaccine. I will watch your test results closely. Thank you for testing this vaccine out for those of us who like to have informed consent still present in our free society.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:32 PM 07-22-2021
No games will be cancelled.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up