« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:50 AM 04-30-2022
Moore wore 24 in college
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:52 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
After looking at some things will you guys correct me if I'm wrong? My thoughts:

I mean pickens was my guy and they rejected him flat out. Same with Nakobe Dean. So I have to think they rejected him so what is it about Skyy Moore that they felt comfortable trading down? Assuming it wasn't for Pierce.

Well I will say personally it's one: he catches EVERYTHING with those huge hands so that's why he was a cornerback and they were like okay you need to switch positions with those hands. two: he gets open constantly and Mahomes will find him better than his shitty QB did. three: he doesn't need to be a deep threat, he needs to be our terry mclaurin. Make catches, move the chains

With skyy moore he hasn't been a receiver very long. Like Hill when he came out. Maybe they see upside as he's real young and inexperienced and still gets open all the time which is my #1 thing with receivers who play with Mahomes.

Saw this negative review and scoffed:

Western Michigan QB and offensive line facing Aidan Hutchinson and Ojabo and you blame it on the wide receiver not producing enough lmao
No, I think you're pretty correct, judging but what I'm looking at.

Moore's quickness is elite.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:52 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This seems like a not so subtle reference to what the Chiefs were lacking at WR last year…

Great hands mixed with great route running? Sounds like a good addition to the team.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:54 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I was gonna stop with just saying this is bullshit, but I can't.

There's literally not a single true thing in this statement.

Hill in 2021: 11.2 yards per catch. The vertical game essentially gone. He'd basically been reduced to a gadget player by defensive philosophy. a TON of manufactured touches. Very little vertical success. Did you even watch this past season?!

So all vertical threats, like Pringle and Robinson? What bullshit is this? You had ONE vertical threat that is no longer here, and that's Hill, and defenses had basically decided they would let us do ANYHTING but get the ball to Hill vertically.

And so what do we have now?
MVS, who is basically a vertical ONLY player.
Juju, who's a lot more than a horizontal guy, look at how many 40 yard TD's the guy has.
Hardman, who was here all along.

Moore, who's an extremely polished route runner.

but yeah, we've totally got a room full of gadgets guys.

Your whole post is ridiculous.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were on your period.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:56 AM 04-30-2022
Kingdom we are staring at an A+ draft so far why take the position of being negative?

If you feel a guy isn't as good as everyone else, just adopt the "wait and see" stance.

It produces a lot less freezing cold takes in a couple years if the guy is awesome. I learned my lesson with Nick Bolton on that one.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Your response is ridiculous. Trash.
Maybe you should just pray for Hill to come back.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:17 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Maybe you should just pray for Hill to come back.
Nah, I like what Veach is doing a lot. Alex Smith said we we're not going to be the same explosive team, you can't replace Tyreek. He then suggested we should just build the defense up.

Simply put, I didn't believe him at the time. Man, he was right. We're going to run the ball, run slants, Mecole will still get his gadget chunks, and play defense. Teams will still keep their safeties back with Mahomes at the helm.

It's wild to see how we're adapting to the thorn in our side that is that TB shell defense. We're not backing down, we're just finding another way to win. I actually really like it but I'll miss the 2018 version of the Mahomes era from an offensive standpoint. It's gone.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:26 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Nah, I like what Veach is doing a lot. Alex Smith said we we're not going to be the same explosive team, you can't replace Tyreek. He then suggested we should just build the defense up.

Simply put, I didn't believe him at the time. Man, he was right. We're going to run the ball, run slants, Mecole will still get his gadget chunks, and play defense. Teams will still keep their safeties back with Mahomes at the helm.

It's wild to see how we're adapting to the thorn in our side that is that TB shell defense. We're not backing down, we're just finding another way to win. I actually really like it but I'll miss the 2018 version of the Mahomes era from an offensive standpoint. It's gone.
Even with Tyreek, the defenses were pretty obsessed with forcing KC offense to play small ball with long drives and almost zero quick strike TD’s.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:33 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Even with Tyreek, the defenses were pretty obsessed with forcing KC offense to play small ball with long drives and almost zero quick strike TD’s.
Exactly, so we have a bunch of guys that excel in small ball. I'm not dissing it I'm just wondering if it's going to work. I think it will but it's going to take a minute to figure it out. Long drives, great defense, top notch ST's. This is complimentary football that may result in multiple Lombardis instead of one. I'm good with it.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:17 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Kingdom we are staring at an A+ draft so far why take the position of being negative?

If you feel a guy isn't as good as everyone else, just adopt the "wait and see" stance.

It produces a lot less freezing cold takes in a couple years if the guy is awesome. I learned my lesson with Nick Bolton on that one.
I don't even know if that really matters. See me with Willie Gay lol. Just back up your stance with something.

I also thought both Pickens and Pierce were the higher upside guys. That doesn't mean at the same time that I think Moore is garbage or will suck. Moore is definitely the much safer pick and I think he's going to be quite good. There's not alot with Moore to apply the "will suck" label to. Meanwhile, I could very much outline a laundry list of negatives about Pickens.
[Reply]
Fish 11:34 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Yuck. I don’t mind the freedom of numbers change. But 24 on a wr is gross
He used to play CB. Probably just kept the same number through his career.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:55 PM 04-30-2022

Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi says the team "liked all those guys" in the run of WRs, noted that they brought Pickens in during pre-draft, but "we wanted Skyy."

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) April 30, 2022

Also in the conference the night before Veach pretty much gave it away that if they didn't trade down they were still going Skyy with the pick. They definitely had no desire to get Pickens or any other WR with the pick. We got our guy.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:58 PM 04-30-2022
I mean I can see wanting Pickens because he's got some dog in him if the interview goes well.

I can also see them thinking um do we really need this added headache for nothing Skyy couldn't give us
[Reply]
Dante84 05:27 PM 04-30-2022
James Jones just said Skyy to the Chiefs is the #1 WR to Team fit from this weekend, over all others.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 05:28 PM 04-30-2022
James jones just said on nfl network that Skyy Moore is the no 1 receiver in kc right now, not JuJu or MVS or Hardman…

Just thought it was interesting; can’t wait for football season!!
[Reply]
Page 19 of 280
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up