ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Rival to Madden coming to PS.
htismaqe 11:11 AM 02-07-2023
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023...lay-on-ps5-ps4

Originally Posted by :
Are you tired of the annual Madden NFL cycle? Well, it looks like Modus Games is serious about upsetting the applecart: it’s announced the next entry of Maximum Football will run on Unreal Engine 5 – and will be free-to-play.
This series has been around for a little while now, offering a scrappy football simulation built on a lower budget – but this version looks like a pretty big upgrade.

“Maximum Football allows players to take control of their football destiny,” the press release reads.

“Players will have the choice to take on the league with professional or college rule sets. This is your league now. Take charge of your team with Maximum Football’s endless levels of customisation. From the roster to logos, jerseys and helmets and even individual pieces of equipment, craft your team exactly how you’d like, and then share it with the community.”

Obviously, it goes without saying, there’ll be no licensed NFL teams, but Dynasty Mode will still allow you to build your own dream football program, as you draft and recruit an elite roster of players to your team.
The developer’s promising regular updates beyond launch to keep things feeling fresh, but it’s not quite clear what the business model for the release is – we assume there’ll be microtransactions of some kind. Nevertheless, the title is still a little way away: it’s getting an Early Access demo on PC this Spring, ahead of a full-scale launch on PS5 and PS4 towards the end of the year.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
EA sucks period, complete dumpster fire. Of course they aren't going to stop either considering they have idiots spending $500 to $15k a year on Mut cards.
Yeah, people love to hate on companies like EA and for those of us that know better, they're easy to blame.

But there's a reason these companies are so focused on in-app purchases, microtransactions, and the like.

People PAY for them. If the market didn't support it, they wouldn't do it. There's a reason that companies like EA bought companies like PopCap games. It's a multi-billion dollar market.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:24 PM 02-08-2023
No NFL license.....do not care.

There is no way another NFL game can compete with Madden without have the NFL license.
[Reply]
Bump 07:37 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
At the risk of turning this into a Madden hate thread...look at this douche canoe. 2.38 million subscribers and this video has a 236k views after only 12 hours of being uploaded. Dear god. Madden is done. I just wanna take the guys head off with a waffle iron.

I played a couple of seasons of MUT, at first it was fun. But each year they just made it worse and worse. It even got to the point where if you played too much, they would ban your account because you weren't buying packs and playing too much was 'unfair' or whatever they said.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:29 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, people love to hate on companies like EA and for those of us that know better, they're easy to blame.

But there's a reason these companies are so focused on in-app purchases, microtransactions, and the like.

People PAY for them. If the market didn't support it, they wouldn't do it. There's a reason that companies like EA bought companies like PopCap games. It's a multi-billion dollar market.
Agreed. I am fine with it if the game is free.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:35 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

There is no way another NFL game can compete with Madden without have the NFL license.
It could but not online only, you have to be able to change the names/stats/graphics/logos etc around and promote modding. This probably isn't it and it won't work on consoles.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:52 AM 02-10-2023

Well if the Kansas City :-) have a QB named Matrick Pahomes I might give it a try.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 02-10-2023

Even if there's community-driven mods that have the actual teams and rosters? I've seen it before. Just because they don't have the NFL license doesn't mean there won't be NFL teams in the game...eventually...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 02-10-2023
It could but not online only, you have to be able to change the names/stats/graphics/logos etc around and promote modding. This probably isn't it and it won't work on consoles.
True for consoles. Also will be available on PC, though.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:52 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Agreed. I am fine with it if the game is free.
No game is free.

The closest thing I've ever played to "free" is Path of Exile. That game can truly be played free. But the "free" version might as well just be a demo. You have such little space for storage that you are basically limited to one build and you better be pretty selective with what you choose to store for that one build. By the time you buy a couple stash tabs to expand and seriously start playing the game, you've probably dropped $100 on it.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:56 AM 02-10-2023

I play the shit out of Super Mega BB.........no MLB license.

I'm a bit older, but for me, it's always about whether or not a game is fun.

madden is not fun anymore. Matter of fact, I might go as far as to say madden hasnt been fun since 99/2000ish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

madden is not fun anymore. Matter of fact, I might go as far as to say madden hasnt been fun since 99/2000ish.
I've played a few non-licensed sims in the past. Honestly even without the NFL license, some of those games were far superior to Madden.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:07 AM 02-10-2023
I've played a few non-licensed sims in the past. Honestly even without the NFL license, some of those games were far superior to Madden.
That doesn't take much anymore.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

I usually just play NCAA 14 on an Emulator, runs smooth as butter and looks better with all the graphical upgrades. Much more fun game than Madden ever was. Yes to Super Mega Baseball 3, best sports game ever made!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 02-10-2023
I usually just play NCAA 14 on an Emulator, runs smooth as butter and looks better with all the graphical upgrades. Much more fun game than Madden ever was. Yes to Super Mega Baseball 3, best sports game ever made!
NCAA was always superior to Madden. Probably my favorite sports game ever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 02-10-2023
NCAA was always superior to Madden. Probably my favorite sports game ever.
It's why I hope that EA never brings back the NCAA series. They're just going to reskin Madden and fuck it up.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up