ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Rival to Madden coming to PS.
htismaqe 11:11 AM 02-07-2023
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023...lay-on-ps5-ps4

Originally Posted by :
Are you tired of the annual Madden NFL cycle? Well, it looks like Modus Games is serious about upsetting the applecart: it’s announced the next entry of Maximum Football will run on Unreal Engine 5 – and will be free-to-play.
This series has been around for a little while now, offering a scrappy football simulation built on a lower budget – but this version looks like a pretty big upgrade.

“Maximum Football allows players to take control of their football destiny,” the press release reads.

“Players will have the choice to take on the league with professional or college rule sets. This is your league now. Take charge of your team with Maximum Football’s endless levels of customisation. From the roster to logos, jerseys and helmets and even individual pieces of equipment, craft your team exactly how you’d like, and then share it with the community.”

Obviously, it goes without saying, there’ll be no licensed NFL teams, but Dynasty Mode will still allow you to build your own dream football program, as you draft and recruit an elite roster of players to your team.
The developer’s promising regular updates beyond launch to keep things feeling fresh, but it’s not quite clear what the business model for the release is – we assume there’ll be microtransactions of some kind. Nevertheless, the title is still a little way away: it’s getting an Early Access demo on PC this Spring, ahead of a full-scale launch on PS5 and PS4 towards the end of the year.

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:12 PM 02-07-2023
Sucks that they won't be able to get NFL licensing because that will keep a lot of people from getting it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Sucks that they won't be able to get NFL licensing because that will keep a lot of people from getting it.
For sure.

But hopefully this is like some of the other "generic" sims in the past. Several of them didn't include licensing but you were completely free to edit everything about the team, including logos, so people eventually came out with NFL rosters.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:25 PM 02-07-2023
I think a fully customizable unlicensed football game could steal some sales from Madden but the gameplay and franchise mode has to be a significant step forward than what Madden is offering.

Madden's lack of competition has made them allergic to progression and they are only concerned about how to further MUT mode, hopefully a competitor can cater to the forgotten Madden players.
[Reply]
notorious 12:35 PM 02-07-2023
"Free to play".

Anything but.....
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:37 PM 02-07-2023
Hopefully it's good but some of the "gameplay" looked a little meh. The catching, running and throwing to be exact.

Not like Madden is any better mind you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:36 PM 02-07-2023
Oof. Didn't realize there was already footage out there. Yeah, it all looks a bit too rigid for some reason.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:37 PM 02-07-2023
Can not be a rival without NFL rosters.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:50 PM 02-07-2023
Looks like it's coming to Steam, I'll keep an eye on it but ya I'm not interested in online only that much. My Git Gud lacks a bit :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 02:03 AM 02-08-2023
It sucks that Madden has derailed so much. Football gaming has been sorely missed in my spare time for the better part of the last decade. I tried getting back into it when Mahomes was on the cover. The game just hadn't progressed. It had in fact gone backwards in some ways when you consider franchise mode features and presentation features.

A combination of the exclusive NFL license and MUT killed Madden.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:10 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It sucks that Madden has derailed so much. Football gaming has been sorely missed in my spare time for the better part of the last decade. I tried getting back into it when Mahomes was on the cover. The game just hadn't progressed. It had in fact gone backwards in some ways when you consider franchise mode features and presentation features.

A combination of the exclusive NFL license and MUT killed Madden.
EA sucks period, complete dumpster fire. Of course they aren't going to stop either considering they have idiots spending $500 to $15k a year on Mut cards.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:11 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
EA sucks period, complete dumpster fire. Of course they aren't going to stop either considering they have idiots spending $500 to $15k a year on Mut cards.
At the risk of turning this into a Madden hate thread...look at this douche canoe. 2.38 million subscribers and this video has a 236k views after only 12 hours of being uploaded. Dear god. Madden is done. I just wanna take the guys head off with a waffle iron.

[Reply]
notorious 08:13 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It's pure insanity.

My jaw drops when watch a video or read articles on the amount of money that is spent on that crap.

There are some Grade-A idiots out there for sure.
[Reply]
notorious 08:14 AM 02-08-2023
At the risk of turning this into a Madden hate thread...look at this douche canoe. 2.38 million subscribers and this video has a 236k views after only 12 hours of being uploaded. Dear god. Madden is done. I just wanna take the guys head off with a waffle iron.

I wonder who his sponsor is.........
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:25 AM 02-08-2023

Another problem is the NFL isn't going to do anything about it since EA can afford to outbid anyone else for the license due to these idiot whales that pump all that extra money into it FOR EVERY NEW FULL PRICED ROSTER UPDATE on an annual basis.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up